Online Sales Tax

I would love to know how it’s conducive to anyone outside of big businesses? I can only imagine that the average person is a lot more hesitant to buy stuff online now especially the more pricey purchases now due to the base price they’ll be paying toppled w/ the exasperating taxes. Please inform me on how this is helpful to small businesses.

It’s not, but the government got mad people weren’t voluntarily reporting their taxable purchases while filing their taxes, so the government did what the government does best: go inside your pockets and take what they want.

I know it has stopped me from making a lot of on-line purchases over the past 6 months; makes me rethink my spending more which is a net positive.

“It’s just congress squeezing the middle class even more, after they pass trillion dollar tax cuts to the rich. The middle class has less and less money to spend with stagnant wages and a rising cost of living, and doesn’t need more taxes to pay, especially on a secondary market.”

- howdythere howdythere

My only complaint is that there is no 100% way for sure to get the rate correct upfront and most companies use services like Avalara or something to charge.

so a lot of times you see a charge, then is falls off, then the correct charge with the real tax rate.

It’s not, but the government got mad people weren’t voluntarily reporting their taxable purchases while filing their taxes, so the government did what the government does best: go inside your pockets and take what they want.

I know it has stopped me from making a lot of on-line purchases over the past 6 months; makes me rethink my spending more which is a net positive.
Sorry I had overlooked responding to this, but my gripe is that they're taxing the secondary market. I shouldn't have to pay tax for something that I brought from pretty much a online garage sale from places like ebay. It's like they're trying to kick everyone who isn't rich ***.

What gets me tight is ebay charging tax on items from overseas or taxes on non taxing states. Smh

right i already was chill on buyin **** from major stores

but now ebay chargin n **** im not doin online at all frfr unless the price low then a *****

What gets me tight is ebay charging tax on items from overseas or taxes on non taxing states. Smh
Yeah I'm not completely familiar w/ how it works, but i'm pretty sure online purchases have or will decline b/c of this.

This is more complicated than it seems on the surface. It wasn’t the Fed government, states took it to the supreme court:

Internet sales now create state nexus. Basically we used to not pay sales tax for internet purchases based on an old law that said catalog sales couldn’t pay taxes. States sued to get that law repealed.

This is more complicated than it seems on the surface. It wasn’t the Fed government, states took it to the supreme court:

Internet sales now create state nexus. Basically we used to not pay sales tax for internet purchases based on an old law that said catalog sales couldn’t pay taxes. States sued to get that law repealed.
Bingo this guy is correct, this is not big business that wants it, they actually hate it because they have to go through the hassle of collecting it and paying it for free to the state/local governments. The state/local governments are the only ones that win with internet sales tax.

It’s just wild that you have to pay taxes on resale. There was already tax on it the first time it was sold, so the government is double dipping.

It’s just wild that you have to pay taxes on resale. There was already tax on it the first time it was sold, so the government is double dipping.
Actually most states allow vendor to vendor with no sales tax as long as the last vendor is reselling it to the public and collecting the sales tax. Sometimes there are exceptions but this is how it mainly works.

remember that time 1/2 way through FW 14 when Supreme started to charge tax to CA. residents

yeah that was when I realized things were changing... that and eBay charges tax now

and Gooogle got rid of "View Image" command ...

that's when I knew it was the Gov't in control of most ish around here

Sorry I had overlooked responding to this, but my gripe is that they're taxing the secondary market. I shouldn't have to pay tax for something that I brought from pretty much a online garage sale from places like ebay. It's like they're trying to kick everyone who isn't rich ***.

Like I mentioned, Congress got mad people were finessing by not self reporting, so basically they are on some scorched Earth tip now. I believe some retailers who depend on their physical locations complained Amazon & eBay were cutting them off at the knees.

The tragic irony in all this is that now, all the deals and discounts these online retailers have been trying to shove down our throats through this Rona crisis are nullified by guys what? The taxes.

It’s they’re bed, now they have to sleep in it.

right i already was chill on buyin **** from major stores

but now ebay chargin n **** im not doin online at all frfr unless the price low then a *****

eBay entirely gives no dambs anymore.

They used to hit us with the 10%-20% off coupons with no restrictions on the regular. Now they like:

D075D69B-DBB7-43BE-9950-2D85CBD3541A.gif

Back
Top Bottom