Only Built 4 Cuban Linx = Top 5 album

Yall buggin if its not in your top 20??? RZA was on point with all these beats and fit Raekwon and Ghosts' styles perfectly.

Ironman is nice but it's not touching OB4CL.

Originally Posted by NO ESCAPIN THIS

The Chronic , Whut ? Thee Album , Death Certificate, Adeventures of Slick Rick, Long Live The Kane, and Moment of Truth are not messing with Cuban Linx.

your crazy if you don't think these albums are better, try listening to them again.

OB4CL is definetly a top 5 album for me...its been the soundtrack to my life since it came out

it's too hard for me to say that is in my top 5 but put it this way.....i would put that album over more than 90% of the garbage that has come out in thelast 2 yrs..... i was a shorty when this came out....i didn't know nothin about nothin....but i remember my brother playin it every hour on the hourtweakin off the piff.... laughin and all he kept sayin was "I swear to God Imma rock n*/-s this summer" lol.....

I wont say top 5 but its that
pimp.gif

your crazy if you don't think these albums are better, try listening to them again.
I`ve listened to all those albums PLENTY of times .

I think you're just throwing albums out to do it based on your prefrence , shiet , I like Street Level By The Beatnuts better than Cuban Linx BUT I knowit`s not a better album .

Just cuz QB4CL is a popular choice amongst the masses doesn't mean it should be discredited

I've never heard it. Wu doesn't get much play on the West Coast. If you're westcoast wu-fan, you most likely branched out to it on your own. Notthat I don't like Wu, it's just that they're not some my favorite artists.

I`ve listened to all those albums PLENTY of times .

I think you're just throwing albums out to do it based on your prefrence , shiet , I like Street Level By The Beatnuts better than Cuban Linx BUT I know it`s not a better album .

Just cuz QB4CL is a popular choice amongst the masses doesn't mean it should be discredited

I listed them albums because i think they are better(which they are) but its all opinions so i really can't hate on yours

It is a definitely masterpiece.

But when you kids try to come in here with your corny rankings and lists of "Top 5" this and that, you kill it.

Because it creates an argument where there doesn't need to be one. It is a great album. It is one of the greatest in Hip Hop history.

Who gives a !*#* if it's #4, or #6 or any of that ++!%.

And the idea of The Infamous being a better album than Cuban Linx is a *!%!*%% joke.

Props to the cats who threw down the lists though. Good to see dudes in here still know quality material.

I would be hard pressed to put Cuban Linx ahead of Paid In Full, Nation Of Millions, By Any Means Necessary, 3 Feet High, Low End, etc etc etc.

Originally Posted by illphillip

But when you kids try to come in here with your corny rankings and lists of "Top 5" this and that, you kill it.

Because it creates an argument where there doesn't need to be one. It is a great album. It is one of the greatest in Hip Hop history.

And the idea of The Infamous being a better album than Cuban Linx is a *!%!*%% joke.

Props to the cats who threw down the lists though. Good to see dudes in here still know quality material.

I would be hard pressed to put Cuban Linx ahead of Paid In Full, Nation Of Millions, By Any Means Necessary, 3 Feet High, Low End, etc etc etc.

How gona call dudes corny for making lists, when you got a order of preference yourself??
indifferent.gif

The Chronic , Whut ? Thee Album , Death Certificate, Adeventures of Slick Rick, Long Live The Kane, and Moment of Truth are not messing with Cuban Linx.
Preach!! specialy the chronic...

Originally Posted by High St

How gona call dudes corny for making lists, when you got a order of preference yourself??
indifferent.gif
Did you see me quantify my "preferences"?

Did you see me say Linx was number 10 on my list and The Infamous was 15?

No right? Well, that's how I call dudes corny. Just because I prefer one album over another doesn't mean I've made some ridiculous little list ofthem.

What you kids seem to have lost sight of, is the idea of thinking before you communicate.

You should try it sometime. You won't play yourself as much.

And for the record, smiley and stonefaces are kinda corny too son......

Originally Posted by king jay XI

1. Illmatic
2. Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
3. Paid In Full
4. Reasonable Doubt
5. Doggystyle
6. The Chronic
7. Ready To Die
8. Blueprint
9. Liquid Swords
10. It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back
11. The Score
12. Straight Outta Compton
13. Life After Death
14. The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory
15. Midnight Marauders

16. Ironman
17. The Infamous
18. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
19. Wu-Tang Forever
20. Capital Punishment

all of those albums BEFORE OB4CL?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

Great album. Like the homie illphil said, leave it at that. There is way too much good music on great albums for me to say with certainty that it is a Top 5album. Definitely one of my personal favorites though, although I haven't listened to it in forever.

The Chronic,Midnight Marauders,The Infamous & It Takes a Nation Of Millions to hold us back>>>OB4CL

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

Flame Suit On - For some reason I just cant get into the album... and I've tried many times but except from
a couple of tracks its just not appealing to my ears
eyes.gif

Disclamer: I love Rae and the Wu, matter fact along with Ghost he's my favorite member... but to each his own

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

Originally Posted by mossman75

The Chronic,Midnight Marauders,The Infamous & It Takes a Nation Of Millions to hold us back>>>OB4CL

No. your wrong

Just My Opinion, we can go back and forth all day but @ the end of the day its what you have a taste for

Yo "king jay XI" strait dropped a LIST!

OB4CL was hot but not the best... and it's hard to say which is but that list king jay XI put together as I read it just took me back!

Originally Posted by High St

indifferent.gif
Did you see me quantify my "preferences"?

Did you see me say Linx was number 10 on my list and The Infamous was 15?

No right? Well, that's how I call dudes corny. Just because I prefer one album over another doesn't mean I've made some ridiculous little list of them.

What you kids seem to have lost sight of, is the idea of thinking before you communicate.

You should try it sometime. You won't play yourself as much.

And for the record, smiley and stonefaces are kinda corny too son......

Oh...so its cooler if you dont number them?
ima try that %%*%. get my swag up. be cool like you
pimp.gif

I guess numbering it started a feud. I meant to just bring up the point that this album is a classic.

Butttt yall are still trippin with 20 albums better than OB4CL

that lp is so serious.

classic.

not to mention he shouted out my state.

PEACE CONNECTICUT.

Originally Posted by an66eon

I've never heard it. Wu doesn't get much play on the West Coast. If you're westcoast wu-fan, you most likely branched out to it on your own. Not that I don't like Wu, it's just that they're not some my favorite artists.
i have most of the album on vincent, I'll let you listen oneday... Alicia, Chidi, Ponce and I are dedicated Wu fans at our school..

Back
Top Bottom