Opaque Plastic Shoe Boxes?

I see a lot of places selling clear plastic shoe boxes, but I cant find anybody selling opaque plastic.  I'm tryin to store some old forces without them yellowing... The two problems are supposed to be moisture and light.  The clear plastic works for the moisture but not the light...  Anyone know where to get the right kind of container?  Or should I just buy some spraypaint?

if you can't find what you're looking for, why don't you just try covering the inside or something of the box with some fabric so that no light can get in?

Dont want fabric in the box, it might be acidic or something... You know that shoe paper will turn your soles yellow?

Yeah thats what I thought, go through all those plastic websites and try to find something the size of a shoe box... But I cant do it, I been lookin for hours and nothing yet. I cant stack a bunch of 24 x 17 x 15 boxes in my closet Ill run out of room.

I might just spray paint the clear shoe boxes, I just thought someone on here might have thought of this already.

Originally Posted by BKost

Dont want fabric in the box, it might be acidic or something... You know that shoe paper will turn your soles yellow?
What's shoe paper?...The tissue paper that comes in the box? If so, why don't you just take those out and store the shoes somewhere dark and not moist/hot.

Originally Posted by VietStar

Originally Posted by BKost

What's shoe paper?...The tissue paper that comes in the box? If so, why don't you just take those out and store the shoes somewhere dark and not moist/hot.
Yeah you got it, tissue paper, whatever.  And that is what I currently do but Im tryin to step it up and get moisture tight containers.... Its real humid in Florida and I plan on keeping some of these ds indefinitely.

These are  13.5x8x5.5 - Romanoff Stowaway
The mens shoe boxes from the container store are 14-3/4" x 10-1/8" x 5-5/8"

could work depending on what size shoe it is

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

These are  13.5x8x5.5 - Romanoff Stowaway
The mens shoe boxes from the container store are 14-3/4" x 10-1/8" x 5-5/8"

could work depending on what size shoe it is

Yeah thatll probably do it can I get a link?
Sz12s itll be a little tight but itll fit, that 8 inch width might be an issue im not sure...

Back
Top Bottom