open sketch thread

I think it would be worth a shot...
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

Not bad. Is the orange striped part TPU?

The orange parts are suede. The rest is leather. I forgot to render the stitching like I normally do. I would have added it but, I was running out of time.

Cool idea I dont know how it would hold up quality wise though....

I can see what your saying, could you elaborate on what things specifically don't like about the shoe, or what you think could be improved upon.

For anybody that are wondering about the Nash shoe I did he is a brief description.

The Air Uptempo Nash represents Steve Nash in every way. Steve Nash is one of the few superstars in the NBA that can blend in off the court, but stand out on the court. The Nike swoosh blends in with the shoe, but like Nash, the logo also means stands out performance on the court. Nash is known for dropping dimes, which is the inspiration for the dime shape ventilation holes in the rear of the shoe. The outrigger and the 2(two MVP awards) teeth like lightweight phylon midsole helps keep the shoe stable. Eleven laser cut out sections on the vertical leather panel, represents Nash 11 assist per game average this season.

I'm likin the objects of the inspiration pretty ccol. Yeah those are all things you need to build into a shoe...And maybe this shoe can bring somethin new to NAsh, It can be flashy like his game...

my sketches...some from 5-6 years ago so don't mind some of em...

and 1..i know but this was doneback in high school

and the most recent...

Some pretty damn nice stuff!! Good job!

I thought this was a opening sketch for shoes, but here is a mustang I did last year. Its all hand drawn, but I used Photoshop to multiply the images.

reggie2k8: very nice job. everything looks great except the hood scoop seems to be off centered. I don't know if that was done on purpose or not..It's centered on the real version

Its not off centered both scoops are there. If look real close on the opposite side, you can see a black strip just under the front window.

That Ironman is dope! Very nice marker work.

Reggie- great job! I thought it was real at first. Especially like the detail on the lights and rims.

"So many times it happens too fast.
You trade your passion for glory.

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past.
You must fight just to keep them alive."

Alright since no one seems to be posting anything for the DRC, I'm gonna try to get something up soon to get it going.

^^^Thats cool, when you see your work on the computer you start to notice so many things that you didn't see while your sitting there drawing. I see so many mistakes on that car.

how many of you guys are ID students? im a product student at CCS in detroit. cool stuff in this thread...

i was wondering if you guys used any type of materials to overlay when doing a sketch/rendering that will give off a texture...something to show mesh or whatever. i used some plastic gutter leaf guard stuff and i got this effect when using a prisma stick on it. these were just some quick snowboard boots i did with marker and pastel on bond paper.

2aj3syp.jpg

3zjglr7.jpg

any other materials i could try?

also....for photoshop or painter renderings....what are some filters or whatever that will simulate materials?

Back
Top Bottom