open sketch thread

zmkvtc.jpg

Reworked an old drawing...

Dk women dont like spiders that much, thats what first came to my mind....
smile.gif
Nice bball shoe.
A new concept I recently did.
Sketches:
1o1ved.jpg

Rendering:
2qdrbj8.jpg

Yeah I didn't really get far into thought process...

Just sketching...

Helpful tip for ya...invest in a scanner! I bough mine for 30$ off ebay. It'll be easier to adjust the lighting effects and such as well.

this is what i drew.. only reason i did this was b/c of the damn Supreme court customer service line here in SoCal... (approx 45 mins waiting...)
2ptxbex.jpg

hey guys!

@ben
-thanks! I'm using Bamboo Fun.. I can't seem to find other types of Wacom here...

@JuanP
-I'm thinking lightweight all-around shoe... Basketball, boxing, etc. anything needing a performance shoe, my concept is something that should wrap aroundyour feet and ankle, like some kind of overgrowth.

@Jordan
thanks!

Austin: You're definitely improving. Proportions look good on that. I like what you were thinking with the lateral support structure on the side, althoughI think it might make the shoe a bit too heavy. Color scheme and inspiration are cool too.

I'd try straying away from the tile and rock texture you've been using though. I think it's taking away from your otherwise good renderings. Shoesdon't often utilize material like that, so it doesn't look very realistic. Try experimenting with making your own leather texture in illustrator. Or inPS, you can select the area you want to look like leather, and then do "Past into", and fill the area with a leather texture. Then you can play withthe opacity of the leather texture to get it where you want it.

Here's a leather texture that I've found to be pretty good for PS:
http://www.sharaks.com/im.../ColourSwatches/White.JPG

mhsrunner09

thankS! although I'm now having second thoughts on posting more... just read an article about Peak copying designs... those knock-off Wade 2.0's areridiculous...

Back
Top Bottom