open sketch thread

I like what you did with PS Juan! Although sketches interest me more...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jw air

i really dont see any aj 10 in there juan .
can you elaberate on that back midsole area... what is ist

the lace tabs at the top and the ankle area are inspired by the AJ X the back midsole is reminiscent of the 2009....i just made it so that it doesnt look likea high heel, and instead of using the marble plastic that the 2009 uses, i did another version which was carbon fiber, and this one which is like a brushedaluminum look.
Originally Posted by nocomment6

smile.gif

thanks

cool! hey can you guys comment my design plz

called the nike air zoom command force 20 (20th aniversary 2010)
MINE--

OG ---

The midsole seems a bit thin. Try to add more new elements to the design. Add or take away more, integrate modern textures. And I'd suggest stick with assketches, learn the basics there then take ti to photoshop.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

smile.gif

why the heck do u oppose photoshop so much?

Relax.

Appreciate all feedback, good or bad.

Sometimes sketches show more of the thought process behind the design, as well as the evolution from start to finish.

yo, relax, no harm ment bro. You wanted comments, no hate just an opinion. I dont hate PS, its good and 3D rendering and PS have given a lot to design nodought on that. But at a begining stage sketches are the most important, I can say pretty much every designer will agree with that. It starts at sketching, onpaper, or now a days on a tablet. Preliminary sketches, show how you communicate ideas, what you have in store, how you want to rework, redesign or just simplycome up with something new and how you want to do it. A rendering is just a final step, when you have a nice shoe, but the thoughts, the ideas, inspiration,materials are what count for an industrial designer, if you ask me. And using paper or not like Juan sad, doesnt always count but you gotta have a feel forform and plasticity in order to bring that shoe to "life". No what I mean? Juan's designs are just as close to reality as can be. But for mostpeople starting to design by drawing they can achieve better effects, more of a plastical feel, same for the materials. So it was just an idea, no harm meant.Styling and rendering those ideas is nice and improves a lot. IT's just that sketches are useful and in most cases are necesarry. SO dont get me wrong, Iaint hatin' on you or PS! I'll probably post what I'm worked on for Futuresole,since I can't enter the competition.

Nice avatar DK! What you cooking up?

Originally Posted by Donkey K0NG

Thanks CharmCityKid...

2lji98i.jpg

2d7wnb8.jpg

25ktnut.jpg

A couple others I that I messed with...
in the nicest way dk some of your designs look way to busy . you have great ideas but your execution could be better .Another issue is that youneed to elaborate on your designs with arrows or text. example

A lot of those are random sketches that I do during class, and then quick render for the sake of practice during the night. As you can see I left the pen seepthrough some of the renders as they are all done with pen/markers/pencil.

I over textured some of those as I was just being introduced to photoshop, and was inexperienced.

The first design you included, imho, if you take out the cavern shaped heel counter, the design would be a lot cleaner.

Which part of the 2nd and 3rd designs make you feel they look busy? I'm not saying they are clean, but I can't put my finger down on what makes thembusy. I tried to make the elements all streamlined, as you can see in the 3rd sketch, I attempted to make the outsole flow with the midfoot strap.

The 4th sketch was an early design I was working on for FS2. I ended it early because I got bored of the design and wanted to expand on other things. Theforefoot bubble was a tech I tried to expand on. It included a hollowed out bubbled, similar to Reebok's pump, with small ventilated wholes that would seepthrough an inner bootie. Once in motion and flexed, the bubble would allow ventilation to the foot. I sketched a few designs up that would keep the bubble toremain somewhat sleek yet performable. Even if it allows a little air flow, it helps right? Overall, I thought the bump look sort of "fresh". It wasnew, different, and would make you go "WTH is that, hopefully for the right reasons
laugh.gif
. Since FS2 launched later, I had a bunch of other ideas hit me so I moved on.

That was an earlier sketch of what I thought up for the tech, but I'm on to better things and gave that up.

As I said earlier, these are all sketches and most have little to no thought process, as they weren't really made for a project, just for the simple factof making my Trig class go faster
wink.gif

Any feedback is good.

By the way, here's a sketch by Karabo on Core77.com of the same sneaker you took inspiration from. Maybe you can compare and perhaps get some new ideasbranched of his inspiration.

igx53l.jpg

A lot of those are random sketches that I do during class, and then quick render for the sake of practice during the night. As you can see I left the pen seep through some of the renders as they are all done with pen/markers/pencil.

I over textured some of those as I was just being introduced to photoshop, and was inexperienced.

The first design you included, imho, if you take out the cavern shaped heel counter, the design would be a lot cleaner.

Which part of the 2nd and 3rd designs make you feel they look busy? I'm not saying they are clean, but I can't put my finger down on what makes them busy. I tried to make the elements all streamlined, as you can see in the 3rd sketch, I attempted to make the outsole flow with the midfoot strap.

The 4th sketch was an early design I was working on for FS2. I ended it early because I got bored of the design and wanted to expand on other things. The forefoot bubble was a tech I tried to expand on. It included a hollowed out bubbled, similar to Reebok's pump, with small ventilated wholes that would seep through an inner bootie. Once in motion and flexed, the bubble would allow ventilation to the foot. I sketched a few designs up that would keep the bubble to remain somewhat sleek yet performable. Even if it allows a little air flow, it helps right? Overall, I thought the bump look sort of "fresh". It was new, different, and would make you go "WTH is that, hopefully for the right reasons
laugh.gif

That was an earlier sketch of what I thought up for the tech, but I'm on to better things and gave that up.

As I said earlier, these are all sketches and most have little to no thought process, as they weren't really made for a project, just for the simple fact of making my Trig class go faster
wink.gif

Any feedback is good.

By the way, here's a sketch by Karabo on Core77.com of the same sneaker you took inspiration from. Maybe you can compare and perhaps get some new ideas branched of his inspiration.

i would feel dirty if i took his ideas ....im a true designer
tongue.gif

tongue.gif

You're designing a sneaker based on a released model.

I didn't ask you to take ideas.

You can look at how he incorporated the sneaker into his design, and then branch off that.

A lot of those are random sketches that I do during class, and then quick render for the sake of practice during the night. As you can see I left the pen seep through some of the renders as they are all done with pen/markers/pencil.

Which part of the 2nd and 3rd designs make you feel they look busy? I'm not saying they are clean, but I can't put my finger down on what makes them busy. I tried to make the elements all streamlined, as you can see in the 3rd sketch, I attempted to make the outsole flow with the midfoot strap.

The 4th sketch was an early design I was working on for FS2. I ended it early because I got bored of the design and wanted to expand on other things. The forefoot bubble was a tech I tried to expand on. It included a hollowed out bubbled, similar to Reebok's pump, with small ventilated wholes that would seep through an inner bootie. Once in motion and flexed, the bubble would allow ventilation to the foot. I sketched a few designs up that would keep the bubble to remain somewhat sleek yet performable. Even if it allows a little air flow, it helps right? Overall, I thought the bump look sort of "fresh". It was new, different, and would make you go "WTH is that, hopefully for the right reasons
laugh.gif

As I said earlier, these are all sketches and most have little to no thought process, as they weren't really made for a project, just for the simple fact of making my Trig class go faster
wink.gif

Any feedback is good.

By the way, here's a sketch by Karabo on Core77.com of the same sneaker you took inspiration from. Maybe you can compare and perhaps get some new ideas branched of his inspiration.

igx53l.jpg

cool thats for explaning

tongue.gif
You're designing a sneaker based on a released model.

I didn't ask you to take ideas.

You can look at how he incorporated the sneaker into his design, and then branch off that.

OOO i get it thanks

smh.gif
thus confirming my thesis. it has nothing to do with your designs, but the things you say come off childish and arrogant, imo.

Originally Posted by BP the owner

smh.gif
thus confirming my thesis. it has nothing to do with your designs, but the things you say come off childish and arrogant, imo.

once again i dont care what you have to say leave alone please Bp

Back
Top Bottom