open sketch thread

Quote:
spaceman23, 4lat4oot, others please keep it footwear/sneaker art/sport related, i know i am not a moderator and what you both posted was on ponit (space23 the shading is bananas b; flat the raph is very dope) but it might start to take the tread elsewhere...please keep posting though!!!

i respect what you're saying and everything. but it is called the "open sketch thread" and i don't recall it saying anything about it just having to be sneaker art.
:\
ohwell.gif

thanks for the compliment though.
appreciated.
:D
happy.gif

as for all of you others.
artwork is dope. keep posting.
and i might put some more up later.
S.Carolina
What's a sneaker boutique?​
e Undeadstockedclub​

I aint trippin.
I just start messin w/ ps and i really dont get down w/ all that tech stuff...im a markers kinda dood but here was what I was gonna enter to kg but it was past deadline and this is pretty old: (hopefully Ill have something new in another post)
sx2l4g.jpg

So let me know whats up about the layout....

Before me there was many; after me there will be none. I am the one.​

Not bad IYE2. I think you could possibly chopped the bottom of the page just a tad or have placed the shoe in the middle a little more. I wish you had made the deadline, I think itd make finalist. Besides you would be a powerhouse on KG, in my opinion. If you need any help with ps, just email me and ill try my best.

Its a bit to over designed for a huarache,
after all the though behind huaraches is simplicity. Just look at the 2k4s and 5s, simple, no?

This is my Tmac 6 rendering that I work on for a short time.
It uses the H U G system, and adiprene in the fore foot.

^^ square toe box = :smh:
nono.gif
..other than that its dope man
**making fun of myself I'm quadrofrenic mentally, not lauphing at me I'm lauphing with me accidentally**

Quote:
Its a bit to over designed for a huarache,
after all the though behind huaraches is simplicity. Just look at the 2k4s and 5s, simple, no?

I think your misinterpereting the huarache line. The original wasnt designed to be minimalistic or simple, but to "hug the foot" and create comfort and ventilation. Even if what your saying is the case of the h2k line (simple/minimal)..the 2k4 to 2k5 is a transition that added more layering and resulted in a heavier shoe.

As for your shoe, I think the perspective is off, rounding the heel may help. If you post a lateral view I can comment on the design.

Arch thanks man, I may take you up on the offer sometime soon.
To keep the post goin..
137320979.jpg

Running Shox
137322219.jpg

IYE2, I forgot to add, you do an excellent job coloring .
Heres the lateral view, its a bit rough, but meh.

All this hand drawn stuff is killing me as its darn good stuff. I love the marker renderings, but I havent done one in a little while. I keep using Photoshop as I seem to work somewhat quicker in it, but by golly my marker skills have gone down due to this computer bs. I gotta get back into it. I think I'll go do one now.

Quote:
I keep using Photoshop

That's what they're using now right? Just mainly computer reditions? Idk. Make sure you post it up when you get a chance...even it its boo boo :lol:
laugh.gif
. Im sure it wont be. (you still have that venom/shox shoe you did :wow:
eek.gif
? That was partially markers right?

Poser I think it looks pretty good, but the hug system was made originally for another purpose, not bball. With that, the sytem wasnt a big sucess for basketball. Have you designed anything to improve that?)

Ima post some more older stuff b/c...well idk, I like seeing it after having it stocked away for months and yrs even..it gives me a new perspective...(mainly how bad my shape and form values are/is)

The huarache tech drawing:
t0rxno.jpg

A shoe "inspired" by a black widow:
t0ruom.jpg

And 1 of my fav color renders. A foam shoe "inspired" by this the sky/ocean:
t0rwb8.jpg

Feel free to not comment, these are pretty old and Im pretty sure Ive posted them b4..I just like seeing them...well like I said earlier..

JT makes it sound like there really isnt much time to make great looking renderings whether by hand or computer. It sounds like they just make specs on the computer and add a little color for presentation. I wish I knew. Im slowly sinking back into what I can do with markers. But I should try to be a little faster with that stuff tho.

The Zoom Widow has a really nice midsole. Just the way that Phylon? is on top of the Zoom Air creates a nice flowing line and makes for great color blocking options. The tech drawing is nice because it reminds me of some of Tinker's old sketches and drawings. All in all, really good stuff.

IYE2- I havent raly done anything with this Tmac dessign, mostly because i was just doodling when i came up on it and never realy had anyreason to make it.
Just a spur of the momment kinda thing. :smile:

Quote:
JT makes it sound like there really isnt much time to make great looking renderings whether by hand or computer. It sounds like they just make specs on the computer and add a little color for presentation. I wish I knew. Im slowly sinking back into what I can do with markers.

based on my LIMITED experience this true, for the most part a decent sketch is good enough for designers to be able to communicate an idea...this changes though when you show things to those who cannot really "read" sketches this is where the computer generated stuff can be extremely clear and useful when it comes to giving the business and number folks a relatively accurate representation of the product might look like with different color, detail, and material variations rather quickly...in those situations full renderings or some quick appearance model very are common

Quote:
But I should try to be a little faster with that stuff tho.

this is ties into the time thing, everyone says no matter what type of design you are doing it is to your advantage to do what you do in a quick efficient, (even better if it is easily editable) manner, but i would not worry about it because at the begining we are all works in progress, expectations are still there but at some missteps are maybe expected? and with experience comes greater confidence/knowledge and you learn a methods of working fast...

good stuff iye2 & p-mobile, mp that explanatory drawing does remind of tinker
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Poser Mobile- your shoe looks good for a start but the shape is much to boxy and not proportionate. Also, Where are the laces or is it laceless? I think the tiger stripes are a bit cheezy if overused. It's okay for a start just keep working on it

Nope, no laces on this one,
it has a elastic mesh half length inner bootie that locks the foot in place and makes it easier to get your foot inside, also the tiger stripes will have been laser etched into a brown leather (simmilar to the LBJ2 tongue).
so its not like the stripes are going to stick out.

Not a sketch, but it works in a way. Hope you enjoy and please critique cuz its not doing as good as I thought it would on KG, although it is deserving of that score.

v42o0n.jpg

:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
@ ZF Elite!

Maybe a little higher cut than I'd prefer but everything else is wild...wow....

Great work by everyone else in this post, it's nice to check out a post like this with ideas, concepts, and thoughts.

Arch I'll break it down. I think the design is more than solid. I like it a lot. I think the instep is real steep which makes it look like a puma shoe. Take that w/ a grain tho b/c shape isnt my strongest point. I really like the tpu heel, the zmm, and the pebax (?) cage. I think the zm might be too far back on the heel..Idk, maybe that was intentional.

But, here's something I recently did, I started working on it b4 the kg mm thing, but it fit the mold. It's basically a shoe for the varying types of fowards. I wanted to design an shoe for a post banger (tyler hansbrough) and at the same time a slasher (i.e. Rudy Gay, Mike Gansey). I think it works. The red ankle is part of the "3 layers of ankle support." Its a 3 piece setup, mem. foam inner, tpu ankle cutout middle, and a pu outer. The white surrounding it is channeled foamposite. The other 2 layers are the flared 1/2 way cupping m/s and the tpu heel clip. A lot of thinking went in, but the results were..so-so.
v4nmzq.jpg

v4nn1y.jpg

v4nn7d.jpg

IYE2, your design and sketches look very nice... the final rendering just doesn't seem to do it for me. I think you would be able to convey more ideas in the final rendering if you used some of the same techniques you used with the sketches. The sketches and colorways are very clear but the last rendering just doesn't seem to convey any of what the shoe is about... You have a lot of sketches for the 3 piece ankle idea but the on the rendering I can't really see the whole concept. I can't really pinpoint exactly what you need to change but maybe try rendering the final version more like the sketches.

cheeves that joint is slick...

iye2, i think the thing that make the sketches read so well in comparison to your renderings are that they tend not to be as fussy and labored, it might be a cool way to flip it to try to make you rendering more graphic by going with more contrast

a quick one for the march madness thing...
v8er8j.jpg

No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Back
Top Bottom