Opening up an art gallery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn,NY - Bottleneck Gallery

Sup guys...
A few of you know me. I'm one that created that Youtube promotion website. Well, it's sort of been my dream to open up an art gallery over here in Brooklyn but never really had the chance due to a few obstacles. Luckily, all that has settled and gained two great partners.

We found this amazing space in Willamsburg around Peter Lugers and the lease is being finalized as we speak!

i11668_gallerya.JPG

i11669_galleryb.JPG

Should take around 45-60 days to get some walls up. We plan on having a video gallery in the back as well.

The art will be leaning towards pop culture but our main goal is have a portion of each show designated to either the artist's charity of choice or a charity that relates to the theme of the show.

We also started working on the website, www.bottleneckgallery.com and reaching out to artists who might like to participate in our first few themed shows.

I would love to meet some of you guys eventually and will keep you updated in this thread.

Congratulations on accomplishing your dream. I miss NY, especially some aspects of Williamsburg. Hopefully when I return to NY, I can check it out in the future. Peace.

I wish OP nothing but the best, hopefully we can chat it up some time, i can show u some of my work!! I've also dreamed of opening a gallery too..... what does it take?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

I'd love to know what your rent is for such a big space in such a prime area

Please respond.

it is quite a lot lol but with 3 partners and what i think a good vision/business plan, we could do it. 
And its not the whole space, just the middle
Congratulations on accomplishing your dream. I miss NY, especially some aspects of Williamsburg. Hopefully when I return to NY, I can check it out in the future. Peace. 

thanks so much..hope to see you there. we have some great themes in store that everyone can appreciate hopefully

Might check this out with my lil bro...keep us updated along with what type of art or pieces of art included in the gallery.

Originally Posted by Ground King

I wish OP nothing but the best, hopefully we can chat it up some time, i can show u some of my work!! I've also dreamed of opening a gallery too..... what does it take?

Honestly, first thing you need is money which is sad. Especially, around NY. But once you can get that down and some dedication and up for some challenges..you can basically do anything.
That's what's up.

Are you an artist as well?

I wish man. I know people say anyone can be an artist but I tried and everything comes out like deformed stick figures
laugh.gif

Im the guy who sits back and just enjoys it all. Especially this kind of art because most of the time its rather affordable and you can appreciate it.

Ill post up new stuff over the course of a few months. We also had some movie screenings planned that we will most likely be able to show now at our own place. All the movie posters from that will goto charity as well.

Please keep us posted when you are up and running. I am 5 minutes away and will definitely check this out. #NTfam

as always, you guys are nothing but supportive which is awesome. And besides the interaction with the artists, the charity part I'm really looking forward to.

Thunder - go for it bud. Send me a msg

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Please keep us posted when you are up and running. I am 5 minutes away and will definitely check this out. #NTfam

Yea, I'm not too far either would definitely check it out.

thanks guys..cant wait to show you the progress.

We already have our themes for the first four shows. I just want the signature on the lease (should get it back in two days after agreeing on the official terms) and then I can give some dates.

Congratulations man, that's cool stuff 
pimp.gif

It'd be dope to go there and check it out

When you can post progress in this thread  

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Congratulations man, that's cool stuff 
pimp.gif

It'd be dope to go there and check it out

When you can post progress in this thread  

just waiting back on the lease then i plan on going in and taking pics of the place and discussing the whole process. hopefully you guys wont get bored lol
ill also give you previews of work that comes in.

Just went to a dope art show this past Friday. I will always take the time out to view the arts, keep us posted.

I've been looking for an excuse to go to NY for a while now. I've never been and I needed a reason so this is probably it!

Back
Top Bottom