Opinions on Seattle?

i was up there for a few days not too long ago. beautiful city. clean. lots of trees. real safe. but the nightlife is terrible. horrible. i was there on stpatricks day and we tried going to a couple bars downtown. they were closed.
laugh.gif

there were a couple cool places but i guess im just used to bars being everywhere. oh and not being able to buy hard liquor from any store at night is also nogood. i liked vancouver better if they are comparable.

but aesthetically, its an awesome city.

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

Portland is better than Seattle
indifferent.gif

No

Yes

Portland has better everything
Except not. Seattle, WA is the only relevant city in the PNW.

Seattle is arguably the most diverse (highest concentration of mixed-race persons of any major metropolitan area in the US) major city in the united states andhas the highest percentage of college grads of any major city.

EDIT: Add that to the fact that the owner of your favorite basketball team lives in Seattle.

Honestly, this place is fun if you're a tourist, but if you're a resident, it's BORING... (I've lived here for 18 years)

Seattle is DOPE.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My hometown, also. Mad culture, nice people, laid-back lifestyle, great seafood.

I took a trip back home this summer, and brought some Vegas homies with me; they LOVED it, and we're planning to make another run through next summer.

Granted, night life isn't all that, but most cities are similar outside of Vegas, NY, Miami, type spots, etc...

Seattle is MUCH appreciated.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by HKM206

Originally Posted by Sick Ik 23

Portland is better than Seattle
indifferent.gif

No

Yes

Portland has better everything
Except not. Seattle, WA is the only relevant city in the PNW.

Seattle is arguably the most diverse (highest concentration of mixed-race persons of any major metropolitan area in the US) major city in the united states and has the highest percentage of college grads of any major city.

EDIT: Add that to the fact that the owner of your favorite basketball team lives in Seattle.
Thank you sir.

Seattle > Any city in the PNW. Portland, actually Oregon, only matters because of Nike.

I actually have been to Seattle a handful of times, I love seafood and rain so I thought the place was nice. My wife is from Portland, and we plan on making atrip there sometime with the kids. I hear its nice there too.

i do hate the fact that you can't buy hard liquor in grocery stores

we had the worst luck of any sports team this year, but things will turn around, which would make the bad sports teams irrelevant to the coolness of the city

Seattle is one of the best cities in the country! Real talk, true story! Lived there all my life until '05 until I graduated and came to college in thesouth! Miss it all the time though

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Seattle is overrated. been living here since 02. i can say the night life is absolutely NON EXISTENT. it can get boring here.
I really need to move back to cali
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

the women aren't beautiful. i see the homeliest, plain looking white girls everywhere. the women here are so plain.
hmm..just how i like my mayonnaise. I'm there

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

Seattle is overrated. been living here since 02. i can say the night life is absolutely NON EXISTENT. it can get boring here.
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
I haven't even moved there yet and I can imagine me saying this after 6 months. I guess living there will make me appreciate Cali morethough. A few weeks ago I was complaining about too much sun.
grin.gif
at me.

did someone fail to mention that we also have the biggest mall in the PNW? and you already know we get the best greeneries around. and the LOUDEST AND I MEANTHE LOUDEST DAMN fans in the NFL. and chinatown.and seafair. the bite of seattle. hempfest..the list goes on. I DEFINATELY PUT ON FOR MY CITY!! BEACON HILLREPPIN!

Seattle is ok, most of the cities/towns around it are @+*!%#$ weird though. If I had to live in the States and not on the east coast it'd be Seattle orPortland.

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Originally Posted by xdahcreator

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
I haven't even moved there yet and I can imagine me saying this after 6 months. I guess living there will make me appreciate Cali more though. A few weeks ago I was complaining about too much sun.
grin.gif
at me.
my parents asked me if i wanted to move here and i carelessly said yes even though things were going good back in the day. Still regretting thatdecision but it's whatever now.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

for whoever said seattle is diverse, where do the black people live? i only saw 2 when i was up there.
laugh.gif
tacoma.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

for whoever said seattle is diverse, where do the black people live? i only saw 2 when i was up there.
laugh.gif
mostly Central District....Rainier Valley...Beacon Hill.... West Seattle...

Back
Top Bottom