% or $ wise - how much more would you need to leave your 'ok' job?

Title says it all.....

I need at least a 20% increase...I'm just wondering because I'm in the market for a new company

$12.5 Million equal to about 26 more years of work and my projected retirement age.

I need 40 hours a week with a 4 dollar increase health insurance and most Importantly a union
pimp.gif

i dont get paid much, but i really like my gig so it would take me a lot to leave.

I think I would leave for $50K/yr more + bonus structure + job security (atleast a 2 year contract).

Originally Posted by pookieman

Title says it all.....

I need at least a 20% increase...I'm just wondering because I'm in the market for a new company

shane hall is quitting football 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by go rilla

Title says it all.....

eek.gif

Chill with the governments
grin.gif

Originally Posted by go rilla

Title says it all.....

eek.gif

Chill with the governments
grin.gif

Depends on the field and the job. Recently I took a slight pay cut to change job but I am a different field of Engineering now that will allow me to get to my goal, my old job I made a lot of money but saw no growth. So for me its not just about money.

it would take about 35% increase.
I work for the government now....I have a good raise structure in place for the next 2-3 years.  Not to mention it is pretty relaxed here, a lot of nice extremely smart people.  Job is pretty secure....would take a hefty salary increase for me to leave.

I need the same environment and 30%. Money isn't everything. I left a cool environment for a terrible boss but better $ once. Never again.

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

I need the same environment and 30%. Money isn't everything. I left a cool environment for a terrible boss but better $ once. Never again.

The people you work with and the culture can really make or break a job. One of the best benefits of my job to me is that I can wear practically whatever I want every day. This reason alone would make it so difficult for me to leave.

To be honest, not much. I find something offering the same or more I'm up & out.

Upper management is out of touch with the sales reps out in the field, the market itself is dead.

Also, they're putting a lot of responsibilities on me since some staff left of their own accord, with no corresponding pay increase to match the work.

Hope I'm not in charge of the seating plan on the Titanic, & I hope you guys are doing well/better.

Wish me luck in the job hunt.
frown.gif
tired.gif

I was discussing this with a co-worker of mine. I like my current job, but I don't love it - and the reason for that is, I don't know where I see myself if I stay with this company for another 3-5 years.

I absolutely love the people I work with and my environment. I have a lot of freedom. I'm never in for 9am, usually 920 or so, but I stay late if needed and get my work done. You can't do that at other companies. The company is pretty young and I consider some of the people I work with as actual friends. Go out together after work and party until 1am, stroll in the next morning to the office hungover.

That could only hold so much weight when I have to think about my future. I'm due for another raise mid year. I received a 15% raise after my first year working. It would take about a 20-25% pay increase for me to really consider leaving. There is some bs that I'm not happy with, and it's putting a lot of pressure on me, but that's just more ammo for my next review.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

I was discussing this with a co-worker of mine. I like my current job, but I don't love it - and the reason for that is, I don't know where I see myself if I stay with this company for another 3-5 years.

I absolutely love the people I work with and my environment. I have a lot of freedom. I'm never in for 9am, usually 920 or so, but I stay late if needed and get my work done. You can't do that at other companies. The company is pretty young and I consider some of the people I work with as actual friends. Go out together after work and party until 1am, stroll in the next morning to the office hungover.

That could only hold so much weight when I have to think about my future. I'm due for another raise mid year. I received a 15% raise after my first year working. It would take about a 20-25% pay increase for me to really consider leaving. There is some bs that I'm not happy with, and it's putting a lot of pressure on me, but that's just more ammo for my next review.
tired.gif
 I got a 2.5% raise....+*%! me

Back
Top Bottom