Oracle, Loudest Arena in the NBA?

I went to a Warriors game yesterday for the first time in years and I must stay, with that huge comeback in the second half, it had my ears ringing. Everybodywas into the game even when they were down 20 points or so.

I'm a huge Lakers fan, and just comparing from Staples to Oracle, Oracle hands down is 20 times louder. My question is, is Oracle the loudest arena in theNBA?

Been to 6 NBA arenas. Loudest of the 6. And Ive been to 4 different arenas for the playoffs.

the reason why its loud its because the arena is much smaller than staples, I know it has something to do with that.

loudest arenas vary from how well teams are playing. Jazz had the loudest arena in the late 90s, Sonics had the loudest arena in the mid 90s, Suns had theloudest arena in the early 90s, Kings earlier this decade, Old Chicago stadium was pretty loud during the late 80s early 90s and from what i witnessed in theplayoffs last year, Warriors currently have the loudest arena. This is all my observation and opinion though.

I'm a Laker fan, but our arena sometimes
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Ronald0

This GS stuff didnt start till last year.
[kings announcer]YOU DONT KNOW NBA BASKETBALL
indifferent.gif
[/kingsannouncer]

but while it's definitely louder now compared to 2-3 years ago, it was still pretty darn loud back then and the arena in oakland was packed especiallyduring big games.and i agree, it feels really small...i've never been to staples but i heard some of the seats in the upper deck are really far back.iusually sit in the upper deck at oracle and i can still see things pretty well

Yea, I think this is a recent surge for the Warriors due to their playoff run last year and the fan base getting bigger because of that. I remember when I wentto a Lakers/Warriors game in 2003, the arena was not that loud then.

And it's true, I think it's also because the arena is smaller. I forgot how small the arena looks inside compared to Staples (which is not loud by theway).

Originally Posted by Lambo23

I went to a Warriors game yesterday for the first time in years and I must stay, with that huge comeback in the second half, it had my ears ringing. Everybody
was into the game even when they were down 20 points or so.

I'm a huge Lakers fan, and just comparing from Staples to Oracle, Oracle hands down is 20 times louder. My question is, is Oracle the loudest arena in the
NBA?

I grew up in Oakland. I've been to a few Warrior games, and now i go to school in Pomona, so i've been to a Laker game. BUT I don't think you cancompare the two simply because of the set-up.

The Staples Center is set-up like a theatre. Only the court is lit and the audience is in dim dim lighting so the mood is waaaaay more laid back.

The Oracle is extremely lit-up and not to mention the type of team the Warriors have is a scrappy, fast, small, "under-doggish" (if you will) type ofteam, which makes for an easy cheer.

Mayne Oracle always been loud as hell... best fans ever we supported our team through the last 20 years, some dark years in there
laugh.gif

Yea, I think this is a recent surge for the Warriors due to their playoff run last year and the fan base getting bigger because of that. I remember when I went to a Lakers/Warriors game in 2003, the arena was not that loud then.
Exactly.

I'm not denying how loud they are now but warriors fans shouldnt kid themselves like they have been rowdy for a decade. Arco and the Delta Center have beenconsistently the loudest for the past 15 years.
The Staples Center is set-up like a theatre. Only the court is lit and the audience is in dim dim lighting so the mood is waaaaay more laid back.
so the way a stadium is lit up equates to loudness? seriously think of the logic in this
laugh.gif

Even when it was lit-up, it wasn't that loud. I noticed in Oracle yesterday that all the crazy fans sit in good seats (I was in section 124)so they add on to the loudness, while in Staples, all the movie stars and wealthy people sit in all the good sections, not adding any sort of excitement to thegame.

Oracle is the loudest since the old kings day. i remeber phil jackson ear plugs during the games at arco lol

half those movie stars in the section probably aren't laker fans
eyes.gif
Though we all know Jack is
pimp.gif
Loudest i've ever heard Staples Centerwas when Kobe threw that lob to Shaq for the dunk during game 7 against Portland back in '00.

And maybe i don't catch enough Warrior games, but yeah i knew they were always loud, but I didn't think they were as loud as Sacramento during 99-03,Boston Garden mid 80s, Chicago Stadium late 80s/early 90s. Only after last year's playoffs they just passed every arena in terms of noise.

Arco and the Delta Center have been consistently the loudest for the past 15 years.
Arco has not been consistently loud. During the webber years, yes. before that and after that, no chance in hell. Hell, all the Kings fansturned warriors fans.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

Arco and the Delta Center have been consistently the loudest for the past 15 years.
Arco has not been consistently loud. During the webber years, yes. before that and after that, no chance in hell. Hell, all the Kings fans turned warriors fans.

yeah right where did you get that load of crap from. Sac fans are loyal to their soil

Back
Top Bottom