Orange County Republican Party Official e-mails "Obama Monkey Family" picture

[h1]OC GOP chairman says Obama ape pic 'Dripping with racism'[/h1]
8077547_448x252.jpg

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Civil rights activists are calling on an Orange County Republic party official to step down after she sent an email with a picture depicting President Barack Obama as a chimpanzee.

Marilyn Davenport, a tea party activist and elected member of the central committee of the Republican Party of Orange County, said she will not heed calls to resign.

The controversial photo shows the president's face superimposed over the head of a baby chimp. The caption beneath the picture read, "Now you know why no birth certificate."

"I was shocked and offended and I immediately replied to her and told her that this was dripping with racism," said Scott Baugh, chairman of the RPOC. "It was sent in poor taste and she should never send an email like that to me again.

"She gave me no response," Baugh added.

Baugh said someone on the 73-member committee leaked the email to the OC Weekly.

Davenport said she has no plans to resign.

"I'm sorry if my email offended anyone, I simply found it amusing regarding the character of Obama and all the questions surrounding his origin of birth," she wrote to committee members. "In no way did I even consider the fact he's half black when I sent out the email. In fact, the thought never entered my mind until one or two other people tried to make this about race."

Civil rights activists called on Davenport to step down and for the Republican party to apologize directly to the president.

"It's vile, it's despicable and on top of that, it's racist. It's a racist slap at the president," said Earl Ofari Hutchinson, president of the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable. "We are accepting nothing less than Marilyn Davenport resignation, immediately."

The California NAACP through its president, Alice Huffman, issued a statement Sunday saying the cartoon is "racist, outrageous and disrespectful."

"There are no ifs, ands, or buts about this cartoon, it is absolutely and positively racist in nature," the statement said. "There is no way that depicting the President of the United States as less than human can be considered anything but a racist act. History has shown that Blacks have been depicted in this fashion in the past to degrade African Americans as not human. Anyone who does not know this history is either ignorant, had their head buried in the sand; or as we at the NAACP believe

[h1]OC GOP chairman says Obama ape pic 'Dripping with racism'[/h1]
8077547_448x252.jpg

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Civil rights activists are calling on an Orange County Republic party official to step down after she sent an email with a picture depicting President Barack Obama as a chimpanzee.

Marilyn Davenport, a tea party activist and elected member of the central committee of the Republican Party of Orange County, said she will not heed calls to resign.

The controversial photo shows the president's face superimposed over the head of a baby chimp. The caption beneath the picture read, "Now you know why no birth certificate."

"I was shocked and offended and I immediately replied to her and told her that this was dripping with racism," said Scott Baugh, chairman of the RPOC. "It was sent in poor taste and she should never send an email like that to me again.

"She gave me no response," Baugh added.

Baugh said someone on the 73-member committee leaked the email to the OC Weekly.

Davenport said she has no plans to resign.

"I'm sorry if my email offended anyone, I simply found it amusing regarding the character of Obama and all the questions surrounding his origin of birth," she wrote to committee members. "In no way did I even consider the fact he's half black when I sent out the email. In fact, the thought never entered my mind until one or two other people tried to make this about race."

Civil rights activists called on Davenport to step down and for the Republican party to apologize directly to the president.

"It's vile, it's despicable and on top of that, it's racist. It's a racist slap at the president," said Earl Ofari Hutchinson, president of the Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable. "We are accepting nothing less than Marilyn Davenport resignation, immediately."

The California NAACP through its president, Alice Huffman, issued a statement Sunday saying the cartoon is "racist, outrageous and disrespectful."

"There are no ifs, ands, or buts about this cartoon, it is absolutely and positively racist in nature," the statement said. "There is no way that depicting the President of the United States as less than human can be considered anything but a racist act. History has shown that Blacks have been depicted in this fashion in the past to degrade African Americans as not human. Anyone who does not know this history is either ignorant, had their head buried in the sand; or as we at the NAACP believe

Originally Posted by aznlilrs

Am I the only person who thought this photo was a little bit funny? It's racist and all that, but it's still pretty funny. Especially the "Now you know why no birth certificate."

Do you live in South OC?

Am I the only person who thought this photo was a little bit funny? It's racist and all that, but it's still pretty funny. Especially the "Now you know why no birth certificate."

Do you live in South OC?

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

30t6p3b.gif
it is OC tho they known for that
n yea the tea party is OD racist

No it isn't. And I laughed at the pic and caption, mainly for the terrible grammar and horrible shopping. I usually laugh at racist jokes but there was so little effort involved. 2/10

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

30t6p3b.gif
it is OC tho they known for that
n yea the tea party is OD racist

No it isn't. And I laughed at the pic and caption, mainly for the terrible grammar and horrible shopping. I usually laugh at racist jokes but there was so little effort involved. 2/10

The Tea Party is racist? Who knew? I know a lot of people might be on the "Hey man, you can't let a few people determine the overall attitude of the group." But honestly, I feel like even though many of the Tea Party members will not admit to being racist, they're closet racists. How else could you support a group that continually has a track record of leading members showing blatant racism? Wouldn't you want to distance yourself from that type of group if you weren't? I understand they share political views, but you can champion those views elsewhere away from those types of people.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

It's Orange County though..
You saying all of the OC is racist
eyes.gif
? Let's not get it twisted fam, you painting a flawed picture. It's not that bad out here

No, I'm not saying all of the OC is racist. The bolded segment, is relative.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

It's Orange County though..
You saying all of the OC is racist
eyes.gif
? Let's not get it twisted fam, you painting a flawed picture. It's not that bad out here

No, I'm not saying all of the OC is racist. The bolded segment, is relative.

The Tea Party is racist? Who knew? I know a lot of people might be on the "Hey man, you can't let a few people determine the overall attitude of the group." But honestly, I feel like even though many of the Tea Party members will not admit to being racist, they're closet racists. How else could you support a group that continually has a track record of leading members showing blatant racism? Wouldn't you want to distance yourself from that type of group if you weren't? I understand they share political views, but you can champion those views elsewhere away from those types of people.

Nah it's just you,doggie.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Nah it's just you,doggie.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

God how I hate the tea party
30t6p3b.gif

How are we ever going to take them seriously if they consistently do this.

Not surprised though. Some parts of the OC is uber racist.

God how I hate the tea party
30t6p3b.gif

How are we ever going to take them seriously if they consistently do this.

Not surprised though. Some parts of the OC is uber racist.

The stuff people say and do these days I am no longer surprised at how much other countries laugh at us.

The stuff people say and do these days I am no longer surprised at how much other countries laugh at us.

certain parts of orange county are very backwards to say the least.

dudes are butthurt knowing the majority of the state they live in is liberal while their in their own little bubble world in the middle of this huge liberal state.

certain parts of orange county are very backwards to say the least.

dudes are butthurt knowing the majority of the state they live in is liberal while their in their own little bubble world in the middle of this huge liberal state.

Back
Top Bottom