Orthotics (Insoles)?

Can anybody provide some insight on orthotics/insoles?  I've had plantar fasciitis for some time now, and while various stretches have helped the pain, I would like to use orthotics to further ease the soreness.  I've tried the Sof Sole athletic insoles from Finishline and they're don't make much of a difference.  
Anyone have any experience with athletic insoles?  How about the different brands (Dr. Scholl's, SuperFeet, etc.)?  I've Google'd, and it's difficult to swift through the brands who are trying to get you to buy their product versus coming along useful information.  Any comments would be appreciated.

i use the spenco polysorb

pretty stiff and supportive. comes with a 1 year warranty and at foot locker anyways i just show them the receipt every few months or so and get new sets.

I don't like how mine throws off the fit of lots of my basketball sneakers :S. For example, I can't fit into the Kobe 3 anymore (no room), while some shoes such as my Kobe 4s feel like that have too much toe-box room after taking out the OG insoles and putting in orthotics
frown.gif

i use the superfeet blues. they are just like the green ones except they are thinner so it doesnt throw off the fit much. most insoles are way too thick to use in tight fitting shoes like cleats and basketball shoes (i like my basketball shoes to fit tight.)

i use the superfeet blue on athletic shoes and superfeet green on boots. the drawbacks i have with superfeet personally is the plastic separating from the actual insole within a short amount of time and the front of the insole flattening out and curling up as well.
i also use powerstep. it was recommended to me by my chiropractor and it is thick like the superfeet green but without the drawbacks of superfeet.

I had major plantar fasciitis for several years and finally got unbearable. I think I tried every available over the counter insole made. It was very frustrating. I finally went to a podiatrist that makes custom orthotics who was recommended by several physical therapists in my area. (Harrisburg, PA) They were over $200 but let me tell ya, they were worth every penny. Heck, I bought two pair. Best money ever spent. All my ankle issues, knee and heal pain went away. Of course, the heel pain took a little time but now I have no pain at all. They actually help the fit of the shoes improve greatly. I use them in Kobe 1's, BB's, and Vomero's.

I will advise though, that not all are created equal. I had some crappy wooden ones made by a doctor that was covered by insurance and they made it worse. So do research or come to HSB, Pa.

If it's not too bad yet, my son has had success with sole's, which you can mold in an oven. Some physical therapists and running shoes stores carry them, or check out www.yoursole.com. You need support, not cushioning.

Some other advise that helped me. Google for a boot you wear to help stretch out your foot. Wear it while watching tv. Also, lots of calf stretching and roll your foot on a dumbell. Good luck.

I have postierior tibular tendonitis which causes my arch to sink in, I used to be using ankle braces for anything athletic, but i was still hurting myself, being in walking boots, etc.
I went to someone who did this measuring and came out with the best thing and most comfortable insole i've had.

i first had the PTT, due to my feet growing roughly 2 sizes every year and a half for 2-3 years, its a mix of my growth slowing down and the insoles that finally gave me my first injury free year
in any sport w/o any type of leg injury.

it is defintely worth the money, they'll last forever and are extremely conmfy

co.sign on the prescription orthotics, they are made specifically to your feet and for your problems.. i believe mine are from good feet..

Back
Top Bottom