"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Have you tried the Currex Run Pro Low?
I have a set of Currex RunPro Mediums in my RC Elite 2s (mainly because the normal NB sockliner keeps slipping towards the heel). I like them better than Superfeet, but generally I try to avoid aftermarket insoles and stick to shoes that don't wreck my ankle. The inov-8 ones are just to add more cushion/bounce, not support. It's like adding a thin layer of boost, but are a little thicker than typical insoles.

These. These are nice.

PXL_20210922_220705845.jpg

Any thoughts on APL shoes? Don't mind forking over some extra $ to explore new footwear options. My Brooks adrenalines are a mile away from falling apart. What do y'all think?

Any thoughts on APL shoes? Don't mind forking over some extra $ to explore new footwear options. My Brooks adrenalines are a mile away from falling apart. What do y'all think?

i'd honestly pass on APL knowing you can get your money spent better towards any other actual running shoe at a fraction of the cost

As I was going through my old stuff, I found a Sports Basement voucher for ~$100 in my old fenix 6X pro box. Out of curiosity, I searched their site for the NB RC Elite v2s, and they carry them! I'm hoping to scoop them up this weekend! I completely forgot that I was a Basementeer too, so there's an additional 10% off!

Some cool dissection images from RunRepeat:
new-balance-fuelcell-rc-elite-v2-parts-15060854-720.jpg

new-balance-fuelcell-rc-elite-v2-review-15282252-960.jpg

Also for the MSSky
asics-metaspeed-sky-pieces-of-the-shoe-14254155-main.jpg

IMG_3476.JPG

I'm a little surprised the RC Elite's plate is just under the strobel in the heel--it doesn't feel like it.

How was the sizing for the Sky for you? I'm reading most are saying +1/2, as they fit small.

I'm leaning towards going TTS for the RCE2s.

Back
Top Bottom