"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

need these to drop in the US ASAP
I like my pair of superblast (launch colourway), but these things look huge on foot, I think it's going to be even more so in this new monotone colourway!

Champs 20% off $99 or more with code BLIZZARD. Went ahead and jumped on the Novablast 3.

Y'all might wanna check out what other running shoes they have. I think they still have some Novablast 2's on sale also.
Screenshot_20230127-131957~2.jpg

I didn’t do these type of runs for my last race’s training block. Ninety-nine percent of my runs were all progression/tempo runs in the mid to low 6 minute per mile pace. I was pretty much pace chasing, nor did I have runs with significant inclines. I probably had a max of 100 feet inclines from the last training block.

After this controlled long distance (for me), it has been confirmed that the NovaBlast 3 is a great shoe for me! I had a similar run in the SuperBlast in distance and terrain last week but not anywhere close to the climb/elevation of today’s run.

I simply ran just to run, and it was a pleasure in the NVB3s. I hardly looked at my pace; however, I noticed my HR was in the low to mid 140s, which was pretty surprising! I’m usually in the high 150s to 160s no matter the pace. I even caught myself laughing spontaneously during the run because these were such pleasure to run in!

5F4FB621-057C-4D8D-BC60-3EECD9D7CCCA.jpeg

5A7E80A0-8FE4-43A9-A539-D289D62E57CD.jpeg

I didn’t do these type of runs for my last race’s training block. Ninety-nine percent of my runs were all progression/tempo runs in the mid to low 6 minute per mile pace. I was pretty much pace chasing, nor did I have runs with significant inclines. I probably had a max of 100 feet inclines from the last training block.

After this controlled long distance (for me), it has been confirmed that the NovaBlast 3 is a great shoe for me! I had a similar run in the SuperBlast in distance and terrain last week but not anywhere close to the climb/elevation of today’s run.

I simply ran just to run, and it was a pleasure in the NVB3s. I hardly looked at my pace; however, I noticed my HR was in the low to mid 140s, which was pretty surprising! I’m usually in the high 150s to 160s no matter the pace. I even caught myself laughing spontaneously during the run because these were such pleasure to run in!

5F4FB621-057C-4D8D-BC60-3EECD9D7CCCA.jpeg

5A7E80A0-8FE4-43A9-A539-D289D62E57CD.jpeg

This is good stuff. I try to follow the 80/20 rule for my breakdown of easy running to hard running in a given week but it’s hard sometimes with these shoes that really encourage you to pick it up. Glad you’re finding something that works for you at conversational easy paces! Even this type of easy running adds up and will help you go harder when you need to.

Yeah it’s hard to be disciplined with easy runs but they’re super important—they can make or break a training block. Also, I’d recommend incorporating recovery *during* speed work. So instead of running hard from the start, break it up. Run, rest, run, rest, etc. It allows for a higher quality of threshold. For example, see the video below of Paul Chelimo doing a broken tempo.

Has anyone here broken up a long run into thirds: easy, tempo, and race? If so, how’d it go? I’ve always done half easy, half race with a fast finish in the last mile or two.

Has anyone here broken up a long run into thirds: easy, tempo, and race? If so, how’d it go? I’ve always done half easy, half race with a fast finish in the last mile or two.

typically i avoid to go “race” pace on any long run but do tend to do what you mentioned earlier of tempo, rest, tempo, rest, etc on long runs and really benefit on those.

honestly only ever hit race paces in short spurts usually on the track and on shorter distances days.

personally found that doing those easy/moderate efforts for longer distances work better so that i don’t feel too fatigue and burnt out when i get closer to race day

should also add that my body feeds off high mileage training really well and have been able to PB in the past when i went from around 50 miles a week to 70. hard, but those slow and easy runs really do help a lot with building about that aerobic capacity that you’ll need in long distance running

typically i avoid to go “race” pace on any long run but do tend to do what you mentioned earlier of tempo, rest, tempo, rest, etc on long runs and really benefit on those.

honestly only ever hit race paces in short spurts usually on the track and on shorter distances days.

personally found that doing those easy/moderate efforts for longer distances work better so that i don’t feel too fatigue and burnt out when i get closer to race day

should also add that my body feeds off high mileage training really well and have been able to PB in the past when i went from around 50 miles a week to 70. hard, but those slow and easy runs really do help a lot with building about that aerobic capacity that you’ll need in long distance running
For sure most of my long runs are easy but it helps to push it as I approach the taper—I basically move my weekly speed work into the long run. But I agree, easy runs are arguably the most important aspect. Congrats on your PB!

I’ve really neglected the slow run for YEARS! I was so fixated on lowering my all time average pace within the NRC app that I felt like I “needed” to run fast all the time. :smh:

Then again, I didn’t really register for races for a long time. Now that I’m running more races, I’m learning that I’ve been burning myself out despite hitting some PRs.

When I first started running, I really didn’t care about pace. As I became more efficient and faster, I’d get some sort of anxiety seeing my pace get slower lol

I’ve really neglected the slow run for YEARS! I was so fixated on lowering my all time average pace within the NRC app that I felt like I “needed” to run fast all the time. :smh:

Then again, I didn’t really register for races for a long time. Now that I’m running more races, I’m learning that I’ve been burning myself out despite hitting some PRs.

When I first started running, I really didn’t care about pace. As I became more efficient and faster, I’d get some sort of anxiety seeing my pace get slower lol
Me too! But I wasn’t just neglecting easy runs, I was essentially doing the same run, same pace, same distance, same route. Talk about plateauing, lol. Anyways, take it easy, occasionally 😉, and smash it come race day! 💪

Me too! But I wasn’t just neglecting easy runs, I was essentially doing the same run, same pace, same distance, same route. Talk about plateauing, lol. Anyways, take it easy, occasionally 😉, and smash it come race day! 💪

YO! This was essentially my training last year for the race that I managed to PR on :emoji_sweat_smile:. I thought it was the winning formula for me to PR the next one, so I essentially ran it back. Ultimately, I didn’t hit my main goals. I did hit my rank goal with a slower time, but it didn’t feel right :emoji_worried:.

I’m not certain of my race day shoe yet, but I’m thinking it’s going to be a VFN Hybrid or the Metaspeed Sky+…

Anywho… This comparison shot via IG makes me like Orange Pop MSky+ colorway more!

6D846F01-856C-467B-9C11-B224C9CFB8E6.jpeg

Speaking of Novablast, I see this on RWH listed as Novablast 3?? Maybe it is NB4 instead?? :nerd:
rs.php

Speaking of Novablast, I see this on RWH listed as Novablast 3?? Maybe it is NB4 instead?? :nerd:
rs.php

Idk don't think so it says novablast 3 on the heel clip lmao i zoomed in

Asics does a lot of refreshes sometimes, kinda like this upper update tho

Last edited:
Just tried on Nimbus 25 at local Fleet Feet. Soft, smooth, but kinda snug on the midfoot area. Any wide footer most likely need to get the Wide version IMO.

rs.php
Nice colourway. Surprised Asics haven't bombarded us with more colour options already. Not enough lighter colourways like the above imo.

Back
Top Bottom