Overpronator Running Shoes...

Seems like every shoe is for neutral or underpronators.

The only Nike's I could find are the Zoom Structure+ 15...

Def the most comfortable shoe to ever hug my feet, but seriously is this the only option for overpronators?

Have you looked outside of Nike? Tons of great running shoes out their without the swoosh logo.

Have you looked outside of Nike? Tons of great running shoes out their without the swoosh logo.

Brooks felt ok, but they look like diarrhea.

NB has one shoe for over that I didn't like, felt like I would roll my ankle.

Never found a Saucony for over.

For some reason in my head I associate Asics with Payless, so they got the cold shoulder.

Have a pair of Reebok Zigs, not comfortable for anything more than 15 minutes.

I guess I never looked at Adidas... but what else is there?

With running shoes i never care about looks. Looks are actually the last thing on my mind. I'm running on Saucony's right now which are amazing. Asics are good to so you shouldn't rule them out. Besides the brands you mentioned Avia, Karhu, Mizuno, and Inov-8 make running shoes as well. If you haven't already go to a running dedicated shoe store and try out different shoes they recommend based on your foot, gate, arch, etc. A lot of these shops have really good return policies as well so if you don't find them comfortable after you buy them you can return or exchange them for something else.

Last edited:
For some reason in my head I associate Asics with Payless, so they got the cold shoulder.

go to a good running store in your area if you have one. I tried one up here in Seattle once. They had studied my walking, jogging and sprinting for 15-20 minutes. Then they picked out 4 pairs of shoes for me to try on. I didn't have any say over color, model, brand and didn't even get to look at price until it was all over. I ended up not buying which seemed to be very faux pas. Moral of the story I learned is if you're really about that running/comfort shoe game, don't worry at all about colors, brand association, etc.

Big leap of faith from waiting in line for yeezys and foambs.

Go to Finish Line and give Brooks a second try, you have to find an associate that knows what they're talking about though

I usually run in Nike LunarGlide3's, but I switched to the Asics Gel Nimbus 14 and I have never looked back. Ran the SF marathon in them a couple weeks ago and I'm running with Asics from now on.

Asics Gel Cumulus 12, 13, 14 is what I run in. Great shoes. Asics are a fantastic running brand.

Wtf.gif

This dude looking for great running shoes but ***** on the REAL running shoe brands? :lol: STAY AWAY FROM NIKE WHEN IT COMES TO RUNNING!

This dude looking for great running shoes but ***** on the REAL running shoe brands? :lol: STAY AWAY FROM NIKE WHEN IT COMES TO RUNNING!

and then you proceed to give more bad advice.

Nike makes some nice running shoes, but the only way you're going to know if a shoe properly fits you or not is by trying them out first, and a running store will help you find the best kind of shoe for your needs. I'm currently running in Zoom Elites.

and then you proceed to give more bad advice.

Nike makes some nice running shoes, but the only way you're going to know if a shoe properly fits you or not is by trying them out first, and a running store will help you find the best kind of shoe for your needs. I'm currently running in Zoom Elites.

:rofl: Sorry... but Newtons, Asics, Brooks, Saucony, NB >>>>>> Your Precious little swoosh

Last edited:
:rofl: Sorry... but Newtons, Asics, Brooks, Saucony, NB >>>>>> Your Precious little swoosh

Lets be honest about which company has the largest share of the shoe market before making such statements. Now opinion wise, that is very relative. Clearly you don't like running in Nikes so I'm not even going to try to dissuade you into thinking otherwise. Likewise, no one is a pariah for running in Nikes, so stop spitting out favorite brand names like it means something to other people who are looking for proper running shoes. Like I said, if you want running shoes that don't make your feet hurt, try them on first. The running store is a good place to start for OP.

"precious little swoosh" tut tut indeed.

I have already done the research as to what my issues are I know I have a medium arch and that I tend to overpronate, I also slam my heel...

So I know I need something with a good arch, cushy heel, and that can control my overpronation.

@Penofski - Thanks for the tip on the Kayano, seems like everyone's top rated shoe for a cushioned shoe for overpronators is indeed Asics GEL-Kayano 18, I'll definitely have to go try/buy a pair.

When I searching I used the the terms "overpronator" or "overpronate"... What I'm seeing now on some websites is that they use the terms "Structured" or "Support" rather than overpronate- this might explain why my results were so limited.

If you go to Eastbay and go to the running shoe section, on the left column with the choices, it actually allows you to isolate the shoe selection by neutral, over-pronate, under-pronate, etc...

I am in the DMV and also an overpronator. I went to Pacers in Clarendon and they gave me multiple options from Brooks, NB and even Nike. I chose the best feel/fit and didn't get sucked into the appearance factor of Nike or NB. I selected Brooks and have been satisfied with the feel/comfort.

Back
Top Bottom