Owner of resell company “West Coast Streetwear” mom is a VP at Nike - UPDATE - mom forced to step down

Damn Nike made 126 on jordan alone in ‘85? I wonder how many sneakers they sold to get that.

Lots of white kids never stopped wearing them. For Jordans to reach billions in sales through the 90s it was because white people were buying them.
Smh this quote is hilariously incorrect.

There is no tone with writing but the way it is worded makes it seem like that is the definitive

Damn Nike made 126 on jordan alone in ‘85? I wonder how many sneakers they sold to get that.
I’m not doubting the stats but it crazy because NOBODY was messing with 1s when they came out. It was like this to me
1s- weren’t popular
2s- worse than ones.
3- went crazy. Blew jordans up
4-still blowing up. Universally popular
5- still universally popular however was the beginning of decline.
6-still universally popular but not as much. Infrareds were the only POPULAR pair.
7s- was really some hood stuff by now.
8s- wasnt really popular at all only in the hood
9s- werent popular at all only in the hood
10s- only popular in the hood
11s-kinda a resurgence but only in the hood. First Jordan to start the sellout come early era
12s- extremely popular in the hood that’s it
13s- same thing
14s- beginning of the end
15- present- who cares?

Feels like it just depends on where you’re from and the era. I’m just happy I got to wear the OG stuff and again when the retros hit. Pretty much over needing to wear every model.

It’s wild as to how people love to deny who created what trends, and then why. As soon as something becomes popular, they attribute it to everyone but those who actually created it. I guess people are going to try and say that the Blues was created in North Dakota now.

It’s wild as to how people love to deny who created what trends, and then why. As soon as something becomes popular, they attribute it to everyone but those who actually created it. I guess people are going to try and say that the Blues was created in North Dakota now.
Homies in here got really defensive about it too. Just gotta connect the dots at this point

Show me some facts then, economic professor.
Hope you weren’t offended, I just don’t think it’s a definitive that the reason they were selling billions is because of white people. How can that be definitive when shoes is part of fashion and fashion is definitely trendy. Hence trendsetter/influencers are important more than they are given credit for. Hip-hop has changed the world in multiple ways

Nobody remembers British Knights? They were popular as hell for a while. One particular model had everyone going crazy.

Everyone was into sneakers in my neighborhood growing up. Most kids had part time jobs when they got old enough to work to fund their shoe habit. Just because you're in the hood don't mean you're flat broke.

As for Jordans, just give me my Cool Grey 11s and I can go back into retirement. Those will be the first pair of Jordans I've bought in two years.

Delusional to say the very least....I must've missed the Taylor Swift Jordan 1's and the Nickelback 4's.

Bringing up sales numbers from the 80's and 90's like there is any direct correlation to that and today's sneaker resell market. Hip-hop, basketball, and SNEAKERS are all connected. ALL of which are bigger now in 2021 than ever before. Why? Because URBAN culture decides what's cool. It's that simple.

Nobody remembers British Knights? They were popular as hell for a while. One particular model had everyone going crazy.

Everyone was into sneakers in my neighborhood growing up. Most kids had part time jobs when they got old enough to work to fund their shoe habit. Just because you're in the hood don't mean you're flat broke.

As for Jordans, just give me my Cool Grey 11s and I can go back into retirement. Those will be the first pair of Jordans I've bought in two years.
Naw. Most overrated shoe in the line up. They can keep those.

Feelings were hurt in here :lol: how the hell you gonna deny urban culture made shoes what they are today? It’s not even debatable.

digitaljordan digitaljordan you started your posts here BS and now you’re continuing it :rofl: you think we just forgot and Air Force Karen?

Last edited:
Man when we moved to New Orleans NOBODY had js except drug dealers or dudes working in the oil and chemical plants. It was just me and a couple of other kids rockin them in school. After Hurricane Katrina hit and people were getting all kinds of money from FEMA/Road Home….bruh you saw Jordans on EVERYBODYS feet. :lol:

1's weren't that popular. They went on major discount and skaters bought them up bc the leather was good to skate them. 2s were trash and almost bankrupt the company. 3s were amazing and when he jumped from the free throw line every kid had to have them. That's when I, a privileged suburban white kid, got into shoes. It wasn't really black culture that popped them off, but more one black man that everyone on the planet began to idolize at the same time. Can't speak on other demographics but white adults weren't wearing them in the 90s. But as we got into the 00's and beyond all those 90s kids that loved MJ as a kid were now adults and still wearing them.

1's weren't that popular. They went on major discount and skaters bought them up bc the leather was good to skate them. 2s were trash and almost bankrupt the company. 3s were amazing and when he jumped from the free throw line every kid had to have them. That's when I, a privileged suburban white kid, got into shoes. It wasn't really black culture that popped them off, but more one black man that everyone on the planet began to idolize at the same time. Can't speak on other demographics but white adults weren't wearing them in the 90s. But as we got into the 00's and beyond all those 90s kids that loved MJ as a kid were now adults and still wearing them.

All this.

This thread for me crying. I grew up in the projects and also lived in the suburbs & I PROMISE you there was a huge difference in people who wore Jordan’s when I used to go back and forth between neighborhoods.

Last edited:
I can definitely speak on this myself I went to a school in the projects , growing up my moms got herself a better job we moved to a more suburban neighborhood all I seen was vans, supras and sperrys. That's where I got that "jordans are for ghetto people" from a girl in my class to me and the homie.

I promise you these kids are not into sneakers because of Mike. The vast majority of them can't tell you anything about the man beyond his jersey number and what team he played for. Thanks to the Last Dance they MIGHT be able to tell you how many chips he won.

Exhibit A.

I was too young but I wouldn’t be shocked to see that white America was involved in the jordan boom. It clearly got hot in the hood but a trend in America is for others to “take” or adopt things from black culture.

Back
Top Bottom