Owner of resell company “West Coast Streetwear” mom is a VP at Nike - UPDATE - mom forced to step down

Probably. But we acting like the reason Nike didn’t make Jordan’s was money. And money is what drove the thread subject.

Sole Collector was promoting this not being about race, soccer moms are sneakerheads too narrative some years ago. They even promoted their site as such being the beacon of the anti hood perspective.
1615647921527.png

1615647982807.png

The whole site and their entire staff were nothing but a bunch of appropriators. Culture vultures on the real.

Sole Collector was promoting this not being about race, soccer moms are sneakerheads too narrative some years ago. They even promoted their site as such being the beacon of the anti hood perspective.
1615647921527.png

1615647982807.png

The whole site and their entire staff were nothing but a bunch of appropriators. Culture vultures on the real.
Those Burgundy 5’s triggered a whole style shift for me. My 1st pair of 5s too :smokin Hopefully they get retro’d w/ the same shape. I like that 00s aj5 shape better, but those shoes are unwearable now. Unfortunately.

07 Aquas & Olive 5’s need a retro as well.

Those Burgundy 5’s triggered a whole style shift for me. My 1st pair of 5s too :smokin Hopefully they get retro’d w/ the same shape. I like that 00s aj5 shape better, but those shoes are unwearable now. Unfortunately.

07 Aquas & Olive 5’s need a retro as well.
Interesting. So it wasn't Kanye? :lol:

No please, go there. :lol:
Interesting. So it wasn't Kanye? :lol:
Kanye did play a key roll and possibly the key role in the modern day appeal towards sneakers, and I would argue that he’s the guy after Michael Jordan. Especially the rarity aspect.

Him, Cudi, Wale, Nate Robinson, Joe Budden, and some others would always be featured in Celebrity SneakerStalker articles during the “blog era” fueling the hype culture we have today. Kid Cudi is definitely the reason Travis Scott did Jordan 4. The Jordan 1 hype is definitely Kanye. He’s definitely the reason I got into them b/c I wore dunks.

Think of the Yeezy Tree, dude really kicked in the door for Black none Black athletes to get a spotlight in the culture they revolutionized.

1615647921527.png

1615647982807.png

“It was always like this”

lol, I don’t want to hear it anymore

Kanye did play a key roll and possibly the key role in the modern day appeal towards sneakers, and I would argue that he’s the guy after Michael Jordan. Especially the rarity aspect.

Him, Cudi, Wale, Nate Robinson, Joe Budden, and some others would always be featured in Celebrity SneakerStalker articles during the “blog era” fueling the hype culture we have today. Kid Cudi is definitely the reason Travis Scott did Jordan 4. The Jordan 1 hype is definitely Kanye. He’s definitely the reason I got into them b/c I wore dunks.

Think of the Yeezy Tree, dude really kicked in the door for Black none Black athletes to get a spotlight in the culture they revolutionized.
But who did Kanye emulate? Where did he get his stylistic cues from?

Therein lies the problem of giving Kanye credit for this thing.

“It was always like this”

lol, I don’t want to hear it anymore
There is indeed a demo here that wishes NikeTalk would take their cues from what sole collector tried to do. They do not want too many threads about Black culture, and they do not want any discussion on how and why Black people created this thing, and then everything else in between.

This is why they are comfortable with Michael Jordan keeping his political leanings close to the vest. It gives them the chance to state that Jordan, or someone like the late Kobe Bryant, owed nothing to the Black community while buying their shoes. Those of us who know the history, are simply making everything about race.

I've seen some dumb **** on this site but this might take the gold medal.

Jordan Brand isn't a thing without MJ. People wouldn't be wearing basketball shoes off the court if not for MJ.

1. But who did Kanye emulate? Where did he get his stylistic cues from?

2. Therein lies the problem of giving Kanye credit for this thing.
1. Drug dealers, hobo, Steve Jobs, Star Wars, Matrix, Regular People, etc.

2. Why is that?
1. I've seen some dumb **** on this site but this might take the gold medal.

2. Jordan Brand isn't a thing without MJ. People wouldn't be wearing basketball shoes off the court if not for MJ.
1. I could dig up a ****load of your, but I won't. This^ one is dumb too, Phelps.

2. You completely overlooked the very 1st sentence.

Back
Top Bottom