OWNERS of 01 Blk/Red XI's - safe to un-DS? Things to look for?

Wondering if the 01 Black/Red XI's are safe to un-ds.

I thought I once read how the red part of the sole can crack. Sounds like a stretch to me.

Any tips or precautions on these XI's are appreciated.

Thanks.

u should b fine as long as u stored them in a cool dry area thats out of the sun, too much heat can cause the glue in the sole to dry up and thats wats causesthe sole to separate little by little, if u dont see the line of glue in between the sole n midsole u shud b fine, n besides the og's b more quality'sthan the cdp's

im sorry wat i meant to say is if u dont see the line of glue in between the midsole and the patent leather u shud b fine

Midsole separation and carbon fiber cracking are things to look for. 01s should be safe to unds unless they were stored in poor conditions.

Thanks for the replies.

Was considering grabbing a DS pair of 01's since I have the opportunity but I'm not dropping cash on potential problem shoes.

I'm not sure how they were stored all this time, either.

Midsole separation? Carbon Fiber cracking?

Nope. Not worth the chance.

There is nothing to worry about. XIs midsoles dont crumble like some older Js. Carbon fiber only cracks under extreme pressure, so unless your gonna be hoopinin these, or extremely overweight theres nothing to worry about. XIs, especially Blk.red are some of the most durable shoes ive worn. I still wear my 01 pairal the time and they dont look half bad. I highly reccomend the 2001 release over the newer CDP version. But if you do decide to go with the CDP Remember tobuy them a full size big because they fit WAAAAY too small.

I just bought and UN-DS a pair of 01 concords and everything was cool........ I had a pair of 01' Bred that i got in 02' and they held up great. So youshould be good.

as long as the shoes were kept in a good climate between 65 and 75 degrees you shuld be cool

Take it from me: I copped a pair of ds 2001 black & red XI's from a seller on here back in summer of 07. I wore them straight out of the box and theyheld up perfectly fine. I very rarely wear them and they are in vvvvvnds condition...maybe 4 wears...but they have held up exceptionally well even today.

Of course keep in mind, that how the seller stored the shoes is very important to take notice of...as mentioned above. But you should almost be guaranteed tohave a wearable pair but always be cautious.
smile.gif

OG XI AND VII's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
are made to last. Both shoes, I find are extremely well made because they do not crumble easily.

Back
Top Bottom