PACIFIM RIM -- directed by Guillermo Del Toro

Weird.

The movie has only made 85 million domestically but is the number one movie internationally.
That's to be expected IMO. I loved Gundam and the likes way before I came to this country.

I still have to check this out. None of my friends want to check it out so I will go solo sooner or later.

I still have to check this out. None of my friends want to check it out so I will go solo sooner or later.

Saw a movie for the first time by myself, in a movie theater, a few weeks back since I was 10. And trust me when I saw it's the best way to watch it.

Saw a movie for the first time by myself, in a movie theater, a few weeks back since I was 10. And trust me when I saw it's the best way to watch it.
Oh yeah, man. I'm older now and out of college so this whole doing stuff by yourself doesn't affect me. I saw 3 movies or so by myself last year because no one else wanted to come with.

saw this movie today and the first 15 minutes and last 30 minutes totally dropped this movie down for me.

in between that it was fantastic

movie should have been shorter

the fight scenes were sick

idris is a great and believable actor.

i expected more from del toro though

Last edited:
To the people saying the story was bad or too simple:

Is there a way to make PR story better without it having me scratching my head like NGE?
(Honest question)
yea make it shorter

after that major victory in the middle of the movie end it there and go with a sequel

Last edited:
I'm not feeling the love for Pacific Rim from you guys! BEST MOVIE OF 2013! Who's with me?! 

LOL

saw this movie today and the first 15 minutes and last 30 minutes totally dropped this movie down for me.

in between that it was fantastic

You're trolling. The movie is only worth watching for the segments you just dismissed.

Gravedigging but...

This movie was awesome. I know its a movie but I was relating the movie to actual mechanics, and damn it woudve taken a ton of power to make these things go. Someone said in the movie 50 diesal engines for ONE moving tendon? What. 
laugh.gif

Gravedigging but...

This movie was awesome. I know its a movie but I was relating the movie to actual mechanics, and damn it woudve taken a ton of power to make these things go. Someone said in the movie 50 diesal engines for ONE moving tendon? What. :lol:

Just copped the Blu-Ray, still my favorite movie this year.

Saw the movie a few weeks ago and skimming this last page it looks like I wasn't the only one who thought it dragged

The whole subplot with the forced love interest is what made it drag

This movie was dope!
Didn't expect much but it exceeded my expectations.
"We're canceling the apocalypse!" :pimp:

Saw the movie a few weeks ago and skimming this last page it looks like I wasn't the only one who thought it dragged

The whole subplot with the forced love interest is what made it drag
The middle dragged on for a good minute. I mean...they needed some  substance right? 
laugh.gif

This movie came in 5th to me my ranking went a little like this
1) Star Trek: Into Darkness
2) Fast 6 (despite the abnormally long runway at the end [emoji]128514[/emoji])
3) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
4) World War Z
5) Pacific Rim

This movie came in 5th to me my ranking went a little like this
1) Star Trek: Into Darkness
2) Fast 6 (despite the abnormally long runway at the end [emoji]128514[/emoji])
3) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
4) World War Z
5) Pacific Rim
what did you like about the hobbit?

ahhhh 2pac :nthat:
boyega should be good in this movie. it looks kinda cheesy and perfect for a popcorn night out at the theater.

Back
Top Bottom