packers and 49ers overrated?

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Packers are a little overrated but they're still the best team in Football so it doesn't really matter... They'll lose a game at some point.

As long as Rodgers is playing the way he is I think its pretty hard to say they're overrated though.

As far as the 9ers go, Ill get back to you on Sunday... Giants in town should tell us more about how good they really are.
I know you can't fault a teams schedule, but face it, SF plays in maybe the worst division in football.  Unless their defense really is that great, they will immediately be exposed in the playoffs against much better competition.  They also have to come to Lambeau during the regular season yet.
pimp.gif

i have a quick question for you that i would love for you to answer.    since the worst division in football has done such a great job in playing a role in the 49ers 7-1 start,  out of those 7 wins,  how many of them have been against nfc west teams?

please respond

laugh.gif
Love it when people dont know what theyre talking about. 

Packers are a little overrated but they're still the best team in Football so it doesn't really matter... They'll lose a game at some point.

As long as Rodgers is playing the way he is I think its pretty hard to say they're overrated though.

As far as the 9ers go, Ill get back to you on Sunday... Giants in town should tell us more about how good they really are.
I know you can't fault a teams schedule, but face it, SF plays in maybe the worst division in football.  Unless their defense really is that great, they will immediately be exposed in the playoffs against much better competition.  They also have to come to Lambeau during the regular season yet.
pimp.gif

I didn't know Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Cleveland, and Washington all played in the NFC West
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

pimp.gif

I didn't know Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Cleveland, and Washington all played in the NFC West
grin.gif
Owned that $%$
laugh.gif

Matter of fact, they've only PLAYED one team from the NFC West if you include that loss to the Cowboys...
So

Spoiler [+]
revx_shutup.gif

Originally Posted by midwestRZN458

if packers and 49ers play right now. who wins?

I say 49ers by shocking upset. 49ers' Defense would overwhelm Packers offense, shutting down Rodgers.

Despite being a 49ers fan I wouldn't pick them against the Packers right now either. We stop the run great but Romo picked us apart in the 4th and OT. If Romo can do that, I shudder to think what Rodgers would do.

49ers defense is LEGIT.

However, I'm sure Rodgers would pick apart their defense and beat them by at least 14-21. I don't think the niners can win in a shoot out with any team. They are protecting Alex Smith and people are fooled by it. Granted, he is playing the best he ever has but he still doesn't make the big completion when needed and I don't think he is capable of leading his team to victory if they are down 14 and need to start chucking the ball up.

Niners have the Ravens, Steelers and Giants in the ladder half of their schedule so this topic is not needed, because we will soon find out who is overrated and who is the real deal.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Originally Posted by midwestRZN458

if packers and 49ers play right now. who wins?

I say 49ers by shocking upset. 49ers' Defense would overwhelm Packers offense, shutting down Rodgers.
Life long 49er fan here and they will NOT overwhelm Arodg. Romo and Vick had huge success throwing the ball against us and neither one of them is close to being on Arodg's level. 

if the 49ers beat the ravens then their really legit

Not sure if we can use these bipolar Ravens as a measuring stick.

But I think beating NY has me more of a believer in the 9ers... Still think they should be a 6 pt dog to the Packers though if they were to play right now.

if the 49ers beat the ravens then their really legit

Not sure if we can use these bipolar Ravens as a measuring stick.

But I think beating NY has me more of a believer in the 9ers... Still think they should be a 6 pt dog to the Packers though if they were to play right now.

i was being sarcastic
laugh.gif
   the 49ers are legit and they were legit in my eyes before this game.

im with you on that though,  they should be a 6-7 point underdog to green bay right now,  aside from lambeau being a nightmare to play in for visiting teams, the packers are a great team.  it's certain things the 49ers could do that i think could keep them in a game against the packers but at this point the packers are without a doubt the favorites.

^^^^hahahaha. Yep....8-1. Sill over rated? No run game yesterday and won the game with the passing game, defense and special teams.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

Lets wait until the niners play a good team like the ravens or steelers first
What about yesterday's win justify that they are a good enough team? I don't get it. People are still writing these team as flukes, yet they clearly showed that they are capable of playing in a big game and closing it out.
And as a Niner fan, the Packers would win. Rodgers and company are beastly.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

What about yesterday's win justify that they are a good enough team? I don't get it. People are still writing these team as flukes, yet they clearly showed that they are capable of playing in a big game and closing it out.
And as a Niner fan, the Packers would win. Rodgers and company are beastly.

He's a Niners fan, he's just spewing out wha the next hater is about to say. Just beating them to the punch, that is all.

The Packers are a brick wall. As much as I'd love to see those cheesepunks lose to my Niners, I simply don't see it from happening. The Packers are a complete team, offensively and defensively. They're the defending champions for a reason.

eyes.gif

Lions, Bengals, Giants, and a Bucs team that was starting hot and yet you still wouldn't consider this 49ers team to be "good?"

the passing game, pass defense, and redzone offense may be a liability down the stretch, but i don't care as long as they're winning. these close, 1-6point games that they've won this season, were the same type of games that they'd lose in the majority of the past decade. this team finally has a winning mentality.

Back
Top Bottom