pain @ the pump

ra90mx.jpg

still not full.

what in the FARFEGNUGEN

im getting to a point now where i dont even buy a pair of kicks a week. instead its gas. I guess thats a fair trade but STILL!

WHAT IN THE FARFEGNUGEN!

not farfegnugen tho LMAO! naw that aint no fair trade homie....thats y I am moving...I can walk to work and the metro...bump paying these gas priceshomie....its ridiculous....

Was listening to John Riggins yesterday and he was saying gas is officially on is radar. Not sure where he is financially, but I assume he is more than livingcheck to check. My point is, you know it is getting serious when people of the upper crust start getting testy about the issue.

Funny thing is, some oil coalition has been going hard in the Post. They have been printing full page ads like everyday trying to persuade people that it'snot the oil industry's fault. The other day the ad was about people's investments being tied to oil through their retirement funds and how recordprofits was helping everyone.

i bet they are helping them...because we are definitely paying for it at thr pump....and it doesn't seem like its going back down anytime soon. smh

Maybe if Nancy Pants let us drill in Alaska we would be avoiding this problem but noooooooooooo.

Senate Blocks ANWR Oil Exploration

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:17 PM

By: E. Ralph Hostetter Article Font Size

The U.S. Senate voted on Tuesday, May 13, to block oil exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) and the offshore areas of the Pacific and Atlantic coasts.

It is indeed remarkable how quickly the U.S. Senate can organize a negative vote when the issue is of such magnitude and importance to the economy and welfare of the nation.

To reverse the damage this vote has done to America's energy independence will take months of endless hearings, making certain that every dissident is heard.

The National Center for Policy Analysis also on Tuesday, identified the U.S. Congress as the responsible party for the high price of gasoline and summed it up in this manner: "Over the last 28 years, Democrats in Congress and a few Republicans have again and again opposed our drilling for oil in Alaska's ANWR; during the past 31 years Congress has repeatedly prevented us from building any new oil refineries; most recently congressional Democrats defeated and discouraged any bill that would let us drill in the deep sea, 100 miles out."

Equally damaging to energy independence is the envirocrat crowd who manage to capture the moral high ground of environmental issues and use it to advance their own political agenda.

The dominant media has a stable of such envirocrats ready at the call to make statements that for some reason or other seem to be accepted at face value by the Democrat majority and a few Republicans in Congress.

The Daily News-Miner of Fairbanks, Alaska, was quick to find such a person, and in an interview, reporter R.A. Dillon quoted Arctic Coordinator for the Northern Alaska Environmental Center Pam Miller as saying the vote against drilling in ANWR was a resounding show of support for protecting the refuge for future generations.

That's it. That's all it takes to intimidate the majority in Congress for the foreseeable future.

No recognition is given to how little of the ANWR reserve is brought into play for the entire development of the oil drilling site that would yield 1 million barrels of oil a day from its billions of barrels in reserve.

The footprint, so to speak, that is necessary for full development of a drilling operation to deliver the 1 million barrels is a mere 2,000 acres.

This tiny footprint represents one one-hundred thousandths (0.0001) of the total area of ANWR's 19 million acres. This is equivalent to one large farm in a state about the size of South Carolina.

Procedures used in modern day development of oil fields are environmentally safe and have been accepted as such.

Apparently all the presidential candidates have expressed their opposition to development of ANWR.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., announced on May 13 that he had missed the vote in the U.S. Senate, but had he been there, he would have voted against further exploration in ANWR.

It would appear as though the majority of present day politicians have no concept of the energy source of 90 percent of America's transport vehicles.

In recent years they seem content to joust with windmills and chase ethanol rainbows.

Their ethanol dream has contributed to the destabilization of grain markets around the world. Some nations that were exporters of grain, especially rice, have now stopped the practice.

Food riots, in some instances causing death, are shown daily in TV news broadcasts.

Subsidies supporting the continued expansion of ethanol production remain in play.

The mandate of Congress to produce more billions of gallons of ethanol by the year 2020 is still on the books.

Crude oil topped $127 per barrel this week.

In January 2001, President George W. Bush was sworn into the office. The price of oil at that time was about $30 per barrel.

Today, petroleum is more than four times that figure. Gasoline prices are over $4 per gallon in many parts of the country.

Those who talked about $4 gasoline some months ago are now elevating their sights to $5 per gallon and above.

Americans usually react only when they are being hurt to a point where they alone are feeling the pain.

The average citizen may be approaching that point today. Only then will that citizen demand in no uncertain terms that the U.S. Congress do its job to establish energy independence using our own abundant resources.

The struggle for energy independence led by the Congressional minority meets road block after road block from the Democrat leadership in Congress.

House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., will offer their own energy package later this week.

Their energy packet makes no reference to the production of more oil and gas; instead, it is designed to punish the very companies that do provide our energy. The reason they give is simply this: these companies are making large profits.

Their energy plan will provide for the introduction of a windfall profits tax designed to confiscate the oil company profits. This new tax will no doubt be used by these far left zealots for their own political gain, no doubt for social programs to buy votes in the upcoming elections.

The oil companies must preserve these profits which are desperately needed at the present to build new refineries and to develop new oil fields when the next and hopefully more energy-wise Congress is elected.

V, what the source on that article? Good read.

I have to look deeper into ethanol. The last that I read/ heard about it was extremely negative. And I can't understand why people are continuously pushingfor it.

in 2000 coming out of the Clinton admin. and going into the Bush admin. oil was reaching $28 a barrell and ppl were calling for Clintons head.(no pun intented)now we are at $128 a barrell, with lots of factors involved. An investment consultant on Wall St who predicted 3 years ago that oil would go beyond the $100mark is now predicting that in 3 yrs oil will be over $200 a barrell.
Also Bush was in Saudia Arabia this week and asked them to step up production, their answer was No. They say that their customers are not asking for more crudeoil. i think with China demanding more oil/fuel these days that is also a factor in our pain at the pump.
all goes to supply and demand

happy painting and God bless

I know I'm not driving yet so you can take this with a grain of salt(although those that know me shouldn't think it too far-fetched), but I'llgladly pay $4+/gallon to save the Alaskan habitat.

Originally Posted by Scott Scotch

I have to look deeper into ethanol. The last that I read/ heard about it was extremely negative. And I can't understand why people are continuously pushing for it.
Originally Posted by Scott Scotch

I have to look deeper into ethanol. The last that I read/ heard about it was extremely negative. And I can't understand why people are continuously pushing for it.

My bad for not putting in the source.

httphttp://www.newsmax.com/hostetter/anwr_oil_senate/2008/05/14/96049.html://www.newsmax.com/hostetter/anwr_oil_senate/2008/05/14/96049.html

Ethanol is a crock of @@*% that has been pushed and lobbied so hard by the farming lobbyists. It contributes to deforestation and world hunger, there was agreat article in TIME Magazine a few weeks ago about it. Ethanol is NOT the answer. I have some more info on ANWR if anyone is interested and if this threadgets some more legs I will post it.

I don't understand why people are opposed to it, in theory if we drill in Alaska it would:
-Create more jobs in the US.
-We wouldn't have to fight wars to get oil.
-We could supply ourselves with oil for 30 years if the wells are as rich as they are supposed to be.
-We wouldn't be giving our money to people who want to turn around and destroy us.

I'm sure there are Environmentalists that are very opposed to this, I consider myself someone who cares about the Environment, but the people who areopposed to it have terrible excuses.

The whole "we are destroying the natural beauty of Alaska" seriously...this is a god forsaken part of Alaska, its pretty much the equivalent ofSiberia. We destroyed the "Natural Beauty" years and years ago when we put a huge %@! pipeline through the whole damned state.

Nancy Pelosi said when the Democrats took control of Congress she would solve the oil crisis and make it so it is affordable for the average American....as faras I can see, it has only gotten worse.

You can pin it on Pelosi but if republicans like McCain are buying into the propaganda as well good luck on it ever happening.
And yes those in favor of ethanol probably know zilch about farming and what it would ultimately take to accomplish production on a large scale, even mylimited knowledge can comprehend a possible water supply shortage and lack of proper waste disposal ability.

Buying premium gas sucks, and I think my car gets like 19mpg average. I'm about to take it back high school style and starting ask people for gas money when I give them a ride.

I wish I could take the metro to work

Originally Posted by iCan

ra90mx.jpg

still not full.

what in the FARFEGNUGEN

im getting to a point now where i dont even buy a pair of kicks a week. instead its gas. I guess thats a fair trade but STILL!

WHAT IN THE FARFEGNUGEN!

WTH are you driving????
laugh.gif

Good God! I thought I had it bad @ $55 to fill. I'm gonna go ahead and invest in a bicycle.

the situation is critical regarding this gas business!!!! i gottta drive from silver spring to annapolis and i'm goin thru half a tank a day!!! ifannapolis was metro accessible, i would get my smart-trip game up!!!! it looks like the prices aint comin down no time soon. it was a time when you could go todifferent area to get cheaper gas, but that dont even work no more!!!

you F^(k around and go to another area and pay even more these days homie....especially around your way smh....

Originally Posted by delgc23

the situation is critical regarding this gas business!!!! i gottta drive from silver spring to annapolis and i'm goin thru half a tank a day!!! if annapolis was metro accessible, i would get my smart-trip game up!!!! it looks like the prices aint comin down no time soon. it was a time when you could go to different area to get cheaper gas, but that dont even work no more!!!
Reason why I am trying to move from NIH to FDA.. and walk to work.....

Back
Top Bottom