PALACE SKATEBOARDS THREAD

Hoping they have some stock in store later, but they usually do for the stuff I like (that's what I keep telling myself).

Always had way better luck in store anyway, I swear they put 6 of each item on the webstore or something lol

I only wanted the 3 track shell in black, red and blue and got it. So glad there wasn't anything else I wanted.

Palace-2018-Spring-Summer-Top-3-Track-Shell-Top-black-hibiscus-blue-front-4654_640x@2x.jpg

Reactions: You
I feel like Palace had somewhat sort of gone down in hype. This season isn't great and getting stuff is way easier than Supreme anyways. I don't think Palace will ever get near that Supreme fame that they seemed to want to be. I bet the NY store will close down the years.

I feel like Palace had somewhat sort of gone down in hype. This season isn't great and getting stuff is way easier than Supreme anyways. I don't think Palace will ever get near that Supreme fame that they seemed to want to be. I bet the NY store will close down the years.
You sound like a reseller.

You sound like a reseller.

Actually the opposite. I’ve followed Palace since the beginning cause I am a skate nerd. To see them where they are today was odd in the beginning but it’s the same thing Supreme did so you somewhat embrace it. A lot of skaters despise Palace like they do Supreme cause it’s mostly catered to like you said....resellers, sneaker nerds, etc. I still dig Palace cause by the end of it, they are a skate brand but as each season drops, I just find it hard to like their stuff.

Honestly, Palace is probably my favorite or second favorite brand (I'm wearing their Gramp Cardigan, belt and an old pair of their jeans as I type this lol) but I can't really deny this. The store, aside from a few hype drops, seems to be somewhat quiet most of the time (which I'm extremely happy about, albeit slightly concerned). Brands are allowed to have an off season, and Supreme, for example, has had their fair share (although it's all somewhat subjective, really) but the hype seems to have calmed considerably.

It's always a catch 22; as fans of the brand do we want to be able to grab everything we want? Of course. On the flip, it's hard to deny what's happening.

Thank God, what happened to Supreme is disgusting.

i still ****s with it... agree this season is a lil disappointing, but honestly what brand of any kind doesn't have off seasons? Hype wise i hope they don't become Supreme... i actually want to wear a piece i buy for retail.

Never had to wait in line at the Soho location ever (non drop days). Them security guards outside def bored af all day. :lol:

I love Palace. I just recently got big on streetwear but I find their clothing way more wearable for someone in their late 20s early 30s than Supreme (my age group). Supreme has some dope pieces and pushes the envelope but I find most of their clothes tacky AF. I'm happy with the minimal hype (even though bots ate up the Jenny Tee :smh:) and even found quite a few pieces I like this season.

Also, what's a reasonable price to pay resale for the Jenny Tee? Can't seem to find anything below a bill.

I agree this season isnt that incredible. But I'm really glad it's not overhyped like supreme. I like that most of the items I like (Polos and more low key pieces) sit for me to wait till my next paycheck haha

Never had to wait in line at the Soho location ever (non drop days). Them security guards outside def bored af all day. :lol:

Every company has had their lines at some point from Diamond Supply, The Hundreds,, HUF, etc. It's almost wild to think The Hundreds went from 5 retail stores at one point to now just 1 on Rosewood. Palace having lines at their opening make sense but they've declined almost immediately. I think maybe in London, it's a little better but that's cause it's their brand. That is where you give Supreme their due cause it's wild to think they've gotten more popular as times fly. Not a lot of companies can say that.

Back
Top Bottom