Pan's Labyrinth

I just watched Pan's Labyrinth recently and i have been hearing people saying that there is a theme of "the loss of innocence" in the movie. Buti just don't see any examples that were in the movie that represented that theme. Does anyone know how the loss of innocence connects to movie?

The whole movie is filled with that theme. Her having to experience some of the most brutal and explicit events pretty much takes away your innocence. She waspretty much forced into her fantasy world to get away from all that is happening around her.

step by step, she is forced to grow and adapt throughout the movie. i mean, you just watched it, you should know. a good example is the situation with heryounger sibling and the father trying to take the baby and the other main character of the movie trying her best to help preserve the innocence of that girland ultimately the baby.

thanks for the help but i still dont get how that goes with the loss of innocence seems more like preserving innocence. Can you maybe explain its deepermeaning (the scene or theme)?

Yea i had a hard time understanding it too. But once i asked a few friends, i totally got it.

You're sounding like you need homework help..there's no way you watched that movie and totally missed the theme...I can see not catching everything,but damn, some (a lot actually) of it is really evident..watch it again with the theme in mind and you'll be able to pick up on the stuff...

I'm guessing no one is gonna help then. I watched the whole movie but i only got the themes of using mythology to escape reality and the roles or men andwomen. I just really understand the theme of the loss of innocence i guess.

You're sounding like you need homework help..there's no way you watched that movie and totally missed the theme...I can see not catching everything,but damn, some (a lot actually) of it is really evident..watch it again with the theme in mind and you'll be able to pick up on the stuff...

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

I'm guessing no one is gonna help then. I watched the whole movie but i only got the themes of using mythology to escape reality and the roles or men and women. I just really understand the theme of the loss of innocence i guess.

Yeah after reading that sentence, it's definitely a homework, which isn't allowed on NT last time I checked. Seriously though, watch the movieagain, it is one of the main themes of the movie and if you miss it still, then you must have ADD or something.

Originally Posted by ThEbAyKiD415

I'm guessing no one is gonna help then. I watched the whole movie but i only got the themes of using mythology to escape reality and the roles or men and women. I just really understand the theme of the loss of innocence i guess.

go back and watch it again. Basically the little girl, who is living a happy life before her father dies and her mother marries a cruel military man thusthrusting her life into one where she must escape reality through fairytales. every experience in the real world during a time of war takes a little of thatchildhood innocence away from her. This is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Nice try, framing the question so you genuinely sound like you want a deeper understanding of the movie, rather your homework done for you.

728c47o.gif

I remember seeing the scene where the eyeless dude eats tinkerbell, but I didn't wanna be spoiled so I'm waiting to catch it from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom