• Not

Votes: 46 8.2%
  • XX9's Ruined It

Votes: 228 40.4%
  • Too Expensive

Votes: 229 40.6%

• Total voters
laugh.gif

The fact that these will still sell out in an instant says a lot about what sneakers have become. It's the reason we keep getting crappy quality for inflated prices.

Think about 10 years back when the DMP dropped, you had two really sick retro + colorways of two of the most in-demand Jordan's in the catalog and it was $310.

Now we're getting hit with a double whammy: only one desirable shoe and the package price is way above the MSRP of each shoe. How does that make any sense? It wouldn't ever change unless people were no longer willing to pay pre-inflated prices. Nike is legit being their own reseller this time around and it will still work. We already saw that price breakdown. Doesn't cost more than $28 to make a single pair. Double that up with the packaging and it's costing them under $60 per pack. If they're going for $500, that means they're charging retailers $250 a pack.

Those GOF XIs are nice. Not exactly $200 nice, same reason I didn't really try for legend blues. For me personally, I didn't want them bad enough to go through the hassle AND pay a markup price. But to throw in the XX9 that is just completely sitting on shelves in every CW and basically forcing everyone to pay way over retail is just straight up greedy. I got my Infrareds and I was considering some of the "remastered" pairs next year like the Columbia IVs, Hare VIIs, etc but I'm done with it all. My money is better off with other brands that still give you good quality without acting like they're doing you a favor.

Last edited:
Was hoping that one wouldn't be posted. 
smile.gif
 Anyone have experience with customs from there? I bought the WTKDs this year from the UK and wasn't charged any customs fees upon arrival, but I also don't want to get stuck with a $150 fee once it gets to the US. The value is obviously higher on these.

Was hoping that one wouldn't be posted. 
smile.gif
 Anyone have experience with customs from there? I bought the WTKDs this year from the UK and wasn't charged any customs fees upon arrival, but I also don't want to get stuck with a $150 fee once it gets to the US. The value is obviously higher on these.
You're going to get hit with customs with anything over 200+ 

The fact that these will still sell out in an instant says a lot about what sneakers have become. It's the reason we keep getting crappy quality for inflated prices.

Think about 10 years back when the DMP dropped, you had two really sick retro + colorways of two of the most in-demand Jordan's in the catalog and it was $310.

Now we're getting hit with a double whammy: only one desirable shoe and the package price is way above the MSRP of each shoe. How does that make any sense? It wouldn't ever change unless people were no longer willing to pay pre-inflated prices. Nike is legit being their own reseller this time around and it will still work. We already saw that price breakdown. Doesn't cost more than $28 to make a single pair. Double that up with the packaging and it's costing them under $60 per pack. If they're going for $500, that means they're charging retailers $250 a pack.

Those GOF XIs are nice. Not exactly $200 nice, same reason I didn't really try for legend blues. For me personally, I didn't want them bad enough to go through the hassle AND pay a markup price. But to throw in the XX9 that is just completely sitting on shelves in every CW and basically forcing everyone to pay way over retail is just straight up greedy. I got my Infrareds and I was considering some of the "remastered" pairs next year like the Columbia IVs, Hare VIIs, etc but I'm done with it all. My money is better off with other brands that still give you good quality without acting like they're doing you a favor.

I agree with everything you said. That's why the buck stops here with me. I'm passing.

i think id do the 4 that hanon wants, but that customs will most likely bring it right back to 5 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Actually, the 29 is a well designed, high quality basketball shoe. It's just not cool.

Back
Top Bottom