Papaya King is set to open up in LA

I've heard about this place for YEARS whether it be on TV or from people checking it out in their travels in the past, Papaya has to be one of the most disgusting fruits out there so that aspect doesn't sound appetizing at all.
They just started a food truck this week and will be opening their B&M next month in Hollywood. NYers, thoughts?

[h1]Papaya King Comes to Hollywood: New York Transplants Rejoice[/h1]

Papaya%20King-thumb-525x393.jpg

Papaya King, the extremely popular chain of stand-up hot dog restaurants in New York City, is coming to Los Angeles. New York has many imitators -- like Gray's Papaya -- but Papaya King is the original, selling quick-service, affordable hot dogs and tropical fruit drinks.
L.A.'s location, on Wilcox Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard, will be the first one to open outside of the Tri-State area (there are also Papaya Kings in Clifton, NJ, and LaGuardia Airport). We spoke with Papaya King's Director of Operations, Wayne Rosenbaum, who talked about the expansion. "Basically, we teamed up with some partners out in L.A., theSBE corporation, and Sam Nazarian," said Rosenbaum. "He loved the product."
http://
He explained that Nazarian, "basically took the lead on it," while also adding that, "I actually ship hot dogs to the coast every week."

Rosenbaum says that their target opening date is April 1st, but with construction still taking place, that could get pushed back slightly, to the first or second week of April.
[h1]

[h1]Papaya King Is Coming to Hollywood[/h1]
The 80-year-old NYC hot dog chain plans to open on Wilcox in mid-2011.

New York transplants, rejoice. Papaya King, the popular 80-year-old hot dog chain, is opening a shop in Hollywood this year.

Los Angeles-based sbe announced Papaya King's midyear opening in a press release sent Wednesday morning.

The location on Wilcox Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard marks Papaya King's first presence on the West Coast. The eatery is moving into a space that is approximately 400 square feet.

"Collaborating with sbe to launch Papaya King in Hollywood represents another exciting  step in  our brand's long and storied history,
[/h1]

I've heard about this place for YEARS whether it be on TV or from people checking it out in their travels in the past, Papaya has to be one of the most disgusting fruits out there so that aspect doesn't sound appetizing at all.
They just started a food truck this week and will be opening their B&M next month in Hollywood. NYers, thoughts?

[h1]Papaya King Comes to Hollywood: New York Transplants Rejoice[/h1]

Papaya%20King-thumb-525x393.jpg

Papaya King, the extremely popular chain of stand-up hot dog restaurants in New York City, is coming to Los Angeles. New York has many imitators -- like Gray's Papaya -- but Papaya King is the original, selling quick-service, affordable hot dogs and tropical fruit drinks.
L.A.'s location, on Wilcox Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard, will be the first one to open outside of the Tri-State area (there are also Papaya Kings in Clifton, NJ, and LaGuardia Airport). We spoke with Papaya King's Director of Operations, Wayne Rosenbaum, who talked about the expansion. "Basically, we teamed up with some partners out in L.A., theSBE corporation, and Sam Nazarian," said Rosenbaum. "He loved the product."
http://
He explained that Nazarian, "basically took the lead on it," while also adding that, "I actually ship hot dogs to the coast every week."

Rosenbaum says that their target opening date is April 1st, but with construction still taking place, that could get pushed back slightly, to the first or second week of April.
[h1]

[h1]Papaya King Is Coming to Hollywood[/h1]
The 80-year-old NYC hot dog chain plans to open on Wilcox in mid-2011.

New York transplants, rejoice. Papaya King, the popular 80-year-old hot dog chain, is opening a shop in Hollywood this year.

Los Angeles-based sbe announced Papaya King's midyear opening in a press release sent Wednesday morning.

The location on Wilcox Avenue and Hollywood Boulevard marks Papaya King's first presence on the West Coast. The eatery is moving into a space that is approximately 400 square feet.

"Collaborating with sbe to launch Papaya King in Hollywood represents another exciting  step in  our brand's long and storied history,
[/h1]

lol nothing specialy bout this place,only reason why this place was famous in nyc is cuz it was cheap,,2  hot dogs n drink  for like 2 dollars,

lol nothing specialy bout this place,only reason why this place was famous in nyc is cuz it was cheap,,2  hot dogs n drink  for like 2 dollars,

Originally Posted by zapatito007

I bet both will run close to $7 on the truck
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zapatito007

I bet both will run close to $7 on the truck
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
  this and grays papaya are my  im higher then a kite munchie hot dogs whenever im in new york. 

can we get the halal cart out here while were at at it tho too.

pimp.gif
  this and grays papaya are my  im higher then a kite munchie hot dogs whenever im in new york. 

can we get the halal cart out here while were at at it tho too.

CincoSeisDos wrote:

Papaya has to be one of the most disgusting fruits out there so that aspect doesn't sound appetizing at all.

never had this place but papayas are pretty good fruit IMO.

CincoSeisDos wrote:

Papaya has to be one of the most disgusting fruits out there so that aspect doesn't sound appetizing at all.

never had this place but papayas are pretty good fruit IMO.

Papaya King is very overrated. The novelty is why its known but their franks aren't anything special.

Dirty water dog from the corner with the works > Papaya King.

Papaya King is very overrated. The novelty is why its known but their franks aren't anything special.

Dirty water dog from the corner with the works > Papaya King.

yea grey's papaya is pretty on point

and I agree with OP that papaya is a disgusting fruit, but it's really good for your vision

yea grey's papaya is pretty on point

and I agree with OP that papaya is a disgusting fruit, but it's really good for your vision

Back
Top Bottom