Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Medals up for grabs—Climbing, Canoe, Field Hockey, Weightlifting 🥇🥈🥉

0A5D6442-E8A2-4E5B-AD76-8FB48C33C38A.png

that men's 400m...god damn. i dunno if he always runs like that but god damn outta nowhere. "will to win" visualized :wow:

this 10k open water swimming is wild, they gotta grab a gatorade bottle off of a 10 foot long pool skimmer and drink it while floating on their backs?!

One of my favorite things about the Olympics every 4 years is new viewers.
😂🔥

Modern Pentathlon is my favorite.

It has fencing, a freestyle swimming race, a horse event, pistol shooting (laser pistol now) and then finishes with a cross country run. I think this time it is some sort of combination run/shoot a bit like biathlon.

It’s a great format because the first 3 events are to get your handicap for the run - so everyone goes off in order - the leader first and everyone else after depending on points - and the winner is the first across the line. It can have a really exciting ending.

this 10k open water swimming is wild, they gotta grab a gatorade bottle off of a 10 foot long pool skimmer and drink it while floating on their backs?!

The finish of those is what’s wild to me

At that point your goggles are so fogged up on top of how you can barely see in those waters

And instead of treating it like track/marathons/triathlons where you just run pats the line.. you’d think once you swim through the line you’re straight but nah you gotta hit the board they have setup at the end

So you gotta swim water polo style with your head up periodically to keep checking where you are, but that slows you down.. to check exactly where you are and to get your hand on the board

The finish of those is what’s wild to me

At that point your goggles are so fogged up on top of how you can barely see in those waters

And instead of treating it like track/marathons/triathlons where you just run pats the line.. you’d think once you swim through the line you’re straight but nah you gotta hit the board they have setup at the end

So you gotta swim water polo style with your head up periodically to keep checking where you are, but that slows you down.. to check exactly where you are and to get your hand on the board

that sounds dumb af. making a tough race even harder.

we were talking about Ledecky and how crazy 1500m is, swimming 10 miles in toxic sludge water with currents is insane.

that sounds dumb af. making a tough race even harder.

we were talking about Ledecky and how crazy 1500m is, swimming 10 miles in toxic sludge water with currents is insane.

I made the comment in the thread about ledecky switching to the 1500 and open water and basically winning golds in both until she’s early 40s

But then I saw her comments on why she doesn’t do open water and it made complete sense to me

I don’t go to beaches in majority of the world because I’m from the Bahamas and you can legit see down like 20-30 feet in parts of our waters.. even in Miami and Jacksonville where I went for school and trained while I still swam I barely swam in the water because I didn’t trust it

But when I see the waters in places where these big open water swims or triathlons are held I’m horrified

But she said she doesn’t trust those waters, so I don’t blame her

I made the comment in the thread about ledecky switching to the 1500 and open water and basically winning golds in both until she’s early 40s

But then I saw her comments on why she doesn’t do open water and it made complete sense to me

I don’t go to beaches in majority of the world because I’m from the Bahamas and you can legit see down like 20-30 feet in parts of our waters.. even in Miami and Jacksonville where I went for school and trained while I still swam I barely swam in the water because I didn’t trust it

But when I see the waters in places where these big open water swims or triathlons are held I’m horrified

But she said she doesn’t trust those waters, so I don’t blame her

beaches here in SoCal are for splashing or surfing, can't imagine wanting to swim in red flag warning waters with waves tossing you around.

the LA28 triathlon will be in Long Beach, just a mile+ from the cruise terminal and the Port of Long Beach. sounds fun.

triathlon is a cool event but open water swimming in most places is no bueno

beaches here in SoCal are for splashing or surfing, can't imagine wanting to swim in red flag warning waters with waves tossing you around.

the LA28 triathlon will be in Long Beach, just a mile+ from the cruise terminal and the Port of Long Beach. sounds fun.

triathlon is a cool event but open water swimming in most places is no bueno

Ledecky would be a monster in open water swimming with how she swims.. not overly dependent on walls, underwaters or even her kick that much

In swimming and track I rarely rarely did anything even considered mid distance let alone anything like that.. swimming I think I maybe did a 200 back once maybe a 200 fly twice, 400 IM couple times and 400 free maybe twice.. track I think I did an 800 like twice, 1500 maybe like 3 times.. ran a mile couple times and 5k a couple times because that’s the short common road race

But the swim itself ain’t bad once your used to ocean water swimming

Back
Top Bottom