Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Noah Lyles Fulfilled! Secures Gold in the Men’s 100m, USA’s Fred Kerley Bronze, USA W Beach VBall advances past Italy🥇🥈🥉

Got goosebumps watching that race man...

From the energy and roar from the crowd to him smoking everyone for another record sheesh.

Always a pleasure watching greatness

Gonna need another Phelps reaction shot cause that was so impressive, he's been arguably his biggest hype man at these games :lol:

Apparently Marchands dad was the first ever French swimmer to qualify for a final in this event at Atlanta '96, almost 30 years later and his son just set a new Olympic record in it for his 4th gold of the games

20240802_145856.jpg

It was destiny :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Yea his top end speed hasn’t been there since his return.. plus pool really kills him

But 100 fly was always his best shot, so we’ll see how much pool hurts him in that

Can you see him coming back to his Tokyo form in LA ?

Can you see him coming back to his Tokyo form in LA ?

Definitely just gotta look at the medalist from today.. he might have to leave Florida

But a lot of the 50 free guys are cutting back on traditional coaching and going with more out the pool work with focusing more on short yardage actual sprint/feel work in the pool (cam being a great example)

Apparently Marchands dad was the first ever French swimmer to qualify for a final in this event at Atlanta '96, almost 30 years later and his son just set a new Olympic record in it for his 4th gold of the games

20240802_145856.jpg

It was destiny :lol: :pimp:

Man got the genetic Buff.

I cant get into swimming for some reason, ill still watch it but idk if its the fact the favorite is very much always the winner or like idk. All the swimming dudes just seem like dbags too.

Man got the genetic Buff.

Not really.. I mean obviously he has a great background with his dad being a former swimmer and I think his mom was an athlete too to a pretty high level

But he’s not a huge dude.. some of these dudes got 5-6 inches in height on him.. and ain’t like he’s Peaty who looks like a RB next to other dudes

But his technique is next level.. and dude maximizes the little details, you can really see it when he swims short course yards with all the turns and how far 15 meters can take you.. but that shh is insane to see his underwaters at the end of races given how tired you know he gotta be

IATT IATT dam Dressel not even qualifying for the final of 100 fly

Man.. I’m shocked and didn’t even take a super crazy time for him to be able to get back.. but I guess trying do that double now is a killer for him

Last edited:
Not really.. I mean obviously he has a great background with his dad being a former swimmer and I think his mom was an athlete too to a pretty high level

But he’s not a huge dude.. some of these dudes got 5-6 inches in height on him.. and ain’t like he’s Peaty who looks like a RB next to other dudes

But his technique is next level.. and dude maximizes the little details, you can really see it when he swims short course yards with all the turns and how far 15 meters can take you.. but that shh is insane to see his underwaters at the end of races given how tired you know he gotta be

Yeah, clearly he’s in great shape - but they all are. Technique in swimming is key and all those little things add up.

My wife swam in HS and college - and was pretty good. She doesn’t swim often now but all the repetitions means her strokes are still pretty dialled - the water just barely moves and she glides through it. I’m in much better shape than her at the moment and significantly stronger so when we were at a hotel with a pool last month I challenged her to a race for the first time in probably 20 years. 2 laps of a 25m pool and she had nearly half a lap on me at the end!

Yeah, clearly he’s in great shape - but they all are. Technique in swimming is key and all those little things add up.

My wife swam in HS and college - and was pretty good. She doesn’t swim often now but all the repetitions means her strokes are still pretty dialled - the water just barely moves and she glides through it. I’m in much better shape than her at the moment and significantly stronger so when we were at a hotel with a pool last month I challenged her to a race for the first time in probably 20 years. 2 laps of a 25m pool and she had nearly half a lap on me at the end!

Yea if you don’t have that comfort and know how in the water, you’re going kill yourself on the stuff you’re supposed to be relaxing

Even with me who grew up swimming.. when I started back had to get used to properly getting in a streamline.. and being able to relax my shoulder muscles on recovery in freestyle.. I would be good for like a 25 or 50 sprint but anything further I’d die hard because everything would be work

But with Leon and dressel it’s amazing the stuff they’ve done when you remember they’re like 6’1ish and the rest of them dudes are clearing 6’4 easy

Back
Top Bottom