Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Wednesday AM - obSeine River, BMX, Rowing, & Diving 🥇🥈🥉

Event perfectly shows the pools impact

MOC and titmus didn’t have to fully rest for their trials because it was them 2 by a solid margin in their events (their only real event competition was each other in the 2 free, and there are 2 spots).. so probably didn’t change their training much

Both were under old world record at the trials

Speaking of starts, I remember Roland Schoeman back in the days. He was like the Asafa Powell of swimming.

I wonder if reaction times have decreased and starting techniques improved since he came on the scene.

This legit might be the first Olympics without a world record in swimming

The women’s 100 back might be the last chance.. or Chinese dude in the 100 free

Speaking of starts, I remember Roland Schoeman back in the days. He was like the Asafa Powell of swimming.

I wonder if reaction times have decreased and starting techniques improved since he came on the scene.

Everyone going track starts probably helped a ton with false starts too

Reaction times are still good.. but a huge change in training in say last 20-30 years has been an emphasis on starts and that first 15 meters and on turns and that first 15 meters off of the wall.. also has been a greater emphasis on stroke mechanics and distance per stroke and the reduction of drag

So less spinning your wheels and turnover turnover turnover

But you can really see it in breastroke and butterfly.. breaststroke where you get more actual glide even in the sprints rather than just rapid turnover.. and with butterfly reducing the height out of the water and essentially the wasted motion since your chest isn’t pulling water and going north rather than east or west isn’t doing much for you, so it’s a tighter motion and area of operation

she doesn't do the 50 free?

Yea I’m pretty sure she’s swimming that.. but sjostrom should take that

But she swam the 100 back at the Australian trials just to get a time essentially and was 2nd to mckeown.. but the schedule was rough with the 200 free for Olympics and maybe the 100 free

Ken Ono, who is a mathematician at the University of Virginia and works with Todd DeSorbo, told Yahoo Sports, “The pool is fast compared to your neighborhood swim club. However, it is not ideal for record setting. The shallow depth is a primary reason. I have heard from a few competitors that they have been forced to (slightly) modify their dives off the blocks.”

darthska darthska

Anyone know what was the meaning of the arm signals the ref made at the end of the mens Sabre final? He motioned right-left-right and then dude on the right won gold.

1722298765562.png

1722298704818.png

:wow::lol:

Back
Top Bottom