Paris 2024 Summer Olympics: Wednesday PM - Alcaraz/Nadal fall to USA in Team Doubles, Katie Ledecky wins 1500M free in record-breaking time 🥇🥈🥉

I actually watched a quick video that answered all my questions. That said, had no clue there were 2 different rugbys. I’m assuming the rules are the same?

Not even close! Fundamentally sorta similar in that the ball is the same shape, you can’t pass it forwards, and the goal is to get the ball over the scoring line - but that’s about it.

Rugby league has less of a spread but is huge in Australia and parts of England - but rugby union is the main game.

It’s sort of like the difference between US and Canadian football (even in things like number of players on the field) that are similar but developed differently - but probably even more so.

Rugby union is sort of live in that you just keep going, and if the other team gets the ball they keep going - rugby union is more like football in that they get a certain number of tackles and then possession changes.

Not to be an *** forreal… but because of the time difference?
I guess just back in the day when internet wasn't so prevalent, I always remembered watching the gold medal shows on prime time. Those were probably reruns and I was too young to even consider it.

Oh well, just a brain fart I guess.

Had to double check if Marchand was swimming the relay since he’s probably France’s best 200 freestyler

He’s not

So are there any disadvantages to lane 0?

Use to be when there were walls.. but now the sides have gutters so the waves run off to the side

Being in those outside lanes is actually an advantage now.. but you’re being risky being in of the last 2 qualifiers

But especially in sprints, you’re not getting the wake from both sides

Back
Top Bottom