Part time Help Desk position in DC vol. $21 an hour

I hate to junk up general, but I'm trying to help any NT'ers in the DC area.

My job is looking for a few people to help staff our customer support help desk. This would be great for a college student or someone looking to get their foot in the door on a federal or non profit job. Need individuals with good people skills, can problem solve, basic office computer skills. Responses need to go through the craiglist ad. Apply, then hit me with your info, I'll do my best to look out.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/npo/4620376155.html

8/15 edit*

One of our hires found a new position, and will be leaving in 2 weeks. More info on the job:

-20-25 hrs per week, M-F, 9-5. Job will last from now through January 2015.
-pay is $21 per hour
-$60 metro subsidy
-health and dental benefits available

Basically, I'm quarterbacking this **** and have hiring authority. You must be able to pass a background check and credit check. Don't worry, no drug testing lol. In person interview required.

Send resume through the craigslist posting, then hit me on NT with your information.

Last edited:
How far does ~30k go in D.C though? I feel like I'd be living in poverty

Last edited:
is this IT stuff? 

if it is, a friend of mine is getting his certs through GMU...might benefit from this

Last edited:
If it was 40+ hours a week, I'd be down for that. Repped for looking out for NT fam.

How far does ~30k go in D.C though? I feel like I'd be living in poverty
Would get you no where, but this is part time hours. So I'd assume whoever takes would have extra income from another job or be in a position where they aren't in need.

Yeah, 30k in DC is working poor status, unless you can find somewhere dirt cheap to live, have no debt, and not really spend more than $200 a month or so going out. It's doable, but tough. I did it a while ago, lived in my buddies basement apt ($900 a month), didn't really go out, it was basically a real life version of the movie "knocked up"

This isn't really IT related, not even requiring a college degree. Mostly answering calls and emails, in an office environment. It'd be a really good position for a student or recent grad. Work is with a lot of Federal employees, and at least 4 of my former co workers ended up getting jobs through contacts they met here (all fed. gov)

Whenever I'm in a position to look out for NT fam, i try to. I posted this a few months ago in the MD/DC/VA forum, got 1 response, and 1 PM.

It's part time. 30K for Part Time is more than decent.

Find another hustle while doing that and you'll be in good shape.

Repped for helping out fellow NT'ers
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom