Pay attention hard-left and crazy-right wingers... this is the true enemy...

Tried posting this in the other thread but it wasn't having it... it deserves it's own topic anyways.
[h2]Infographic of the Day: Income Inequality Around the World[/h2]
By Cliff Kuang

3903928666_14ceb1d72f_o.png

In the U.S., rising income inequality [1] has been called [2] the greatest threat to our democracy. And for good reason: Studies have shown [3] that in countries where the rich make vastly more than the middle class and poor, support for democracy erodes. But where does the U.S. stand, relative to other countries?

Mint.com took a look, and produced this chart [4], which maps the level of inequality within a country, with an index called the Gini Coefficient [5]. The results are sobering. While the U.S. might not show the inequality prevalent in Africa and Latin America--regions where political unrest and social problems are rife--we're also in some fairly shady company. The U.S. is one of the only first-world countries to rank alongside Russia, India, and Western Africa. Europe, Canada, Australia, and even Ethiopia do far better.
It hasn't always been like this in the U.S. In fact, recent studies [6] have shown that we haven't seen such levels of income inequality since the Gilded Age of robber barons. It's no accident that such enormous concentrations of wealth led to widespread fears about concentrated political and economic power [7]. Then, as now, we eventually landed in a global financial crisis. The question for the U.S. is whether the inequality will eventually abate--or whether our economy and politics are now so radically different that it'll persist for some time yet.

Look at the company we're keeping, friends.

It's time to quit getting tripped up by your bi-partisan hatred and come together to take back this country. The rich are going out of their way to makeeveryone else poor in this country, and essentially own us all through a twisted form of modern day slavery.

Forget left and right... it's now poor vs rich, haves vs have-nots. It's time to become aware of this, make your friends aware of this, and start makeTHIS what your political views start and end with. Not some crazy hatred for the other guys... Obama and George Bush are on the same team guys, no matter whatyou think.

This ain't capitalism, and it sure as hell ain't democracy. ...
tired.gif

That is Capitalism...It's what happens when you take the approach of letting the market work itself out, it's the governments role to control marketsand income inequality. Our countries gini ratio is only going to get worse as well

While the U.S. might not show the inequality prevalent in Africa and Latin America--regions where political unrest and social problems are rife--we're also in some fairly shady company. The U.S. is one of the only first-world countries to rank alongside Russia, India, and Western Africa. Europe, Canada, Australia, and even Ethiopia do far better.
GB looks light green too though

Obama and George Bush are on the same team guys, no matter what you think.
Unfortunately and disappointingly they are. I really really had high hopes for Obama but dude is definitely not the same person I campaigned for.

I agree the wealthy people here in America including big business, special interest groups, unions and lobbyists control Congress.

Craftsy21 wrote:
Look at the company we're keeping, friends.

It's time to quit getting tripped up by your bi-partisan hatred and come together to take back this country. The rich are going out of their way to make everyone else poor in this country, and essentially own us all through a twisted form of modern day slavery.

Forget left and right... it's now poor vs rich, haves vs have-nots. It's time to become aware of this, make your friends aware of this, and start make THIS what your political views start and end with. Not some crazy hatred for the other guys... Obama and George Bush are on the same team guys, no matter what you think.

This ain't capitalism, and it sure as hell ain't democracy. ...
tired.gif

I agree 100%, it's actually scary how much the U.S. resembles Rome before the fall.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

What do you suppose is the solution or steps to the solution?

I honestly don't know... every basic attempt I try to work out in my head seems like it would never work.

I just know that all this constant bickering back and forth between liberals and conservatives isn't going to do us any good.. it's just a distractionto this bigger issue.
ohwell.gif

Whenever there is politics involve, there will be always two sides until there's something (or someone) that'll screw over everyone in the end. Onlythen in realization, would it be too late.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

While the U.S. might not show the inequality prevalent in Africa and Latin America--regions where political unrest and social problems are rife--we're also in some fairly shady company. The U.S. is one of the only first-world countries to rank alongside Russia, India, and Western Africa. Europe, Canada, Australia, and even Ethiopia do far better.
GB looks light green too though

"One of"... i think those are the only two of the first-world I can really see.

Back
Top Bottom