PAYPAL INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING??? (TO CANADA)VOL. WORRIED AS HELL!!!

I got a payment from a buyer on ebay, and had to ship priority, and all I have is a customs form to track, so I am thinking I may be in trouble here, the options here don't look good, and it shows up as seen below, but I am worried that the buyer will fraud me with this payment, the name is even somewhat generic to me Zhang Kim Chang, so what can I do to be assured I get my money? Will I have to await the 3 week paypal hold, await positive feedback, or what else can I do?? I am freaking out by now, because I shipped it 6 days ago, and still nothing, is it being held at customs? Is that what the update means? Help me out everyone...

Label/Receipt Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

Your item is being processed by customs in CANADA. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Into Foreign Customs, June 14, 2010, 1:37 pm, CANADA
     Arrived Abroad, June 14, 2010, 1:37 pm, CANADA
     International Dispatch, June 11, 2010, 5:08 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
     Arrival
     Acceptance, June 09, 2010, 1:44 pm, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55414

There's really nothing you can do to protect yourself. That's why I hate eBay/PayPal.

So I am somewhat screwed aren't I?? Damn, I had no idea this was gonna happen, should have taken pics at the post office. Damn!!!

thats why you only ship ems internationally. but you should be good just your money might get up put on hold for up to a month. i shipped a package and customs held it for a month.

You'll be alright. If you were shipping to say Venezuela, Turkey, or Saudi Arabia (some of the problem nations) then I'd worry a bit. Canada is about as good as shipping within the US.

i'm from canada and i'm a legit ebay seller and paypal user. i just moved to nyc and shipping methods are pretty much the same. i wouldn't be too worried.

always always always ship with a method that has a tracking number. it protects you very well. i've had friends who sold things and shipped things without a tracking number, and the buyer went right ahead and opened a claim on paypal. my friend had the receipts to prove he shipped it, but without a tracking number there was no way to prove that the package was shipped to the exact address. in the end, my friend lost out on the item he sold AND the money.

i'm telling you right now if you only have a customs number you can get screwed.....paypal will not cover it. they require sig confirmation/delivery confirmation i believe and usps stops tracking once it reaches customs. just hope you have a honest buyer because if he wanted he could file and win this case.

Originally Posted by dimsum1

i'm from canada and i'm a legit ebay seller and paypal user. i just moved to nyc and shipping methods are pretty much the same. i wouldn't be too worried.

always always always ship with a method that has a tracking number. it protects you very well. i've had friends who sold things and shipped things without a tracking number, and the buyer went right ahead and opened a claim on paypal. my friend had the receipts to prove he shipped it, but without a tracking number there was no way to prove that the package was shipped to the exact address. in the end, my friend lost out on the item he sold AND the money.

2nd paragraph pretty much sums it up, i live in toronto btw

Im in the same case. Shipped to Asia priority provided tracking, but the buyer opened a claim saying I never shipped so currently paypal is looking into it. Guy is a scam artist though. You shipped to Canada so your way safer than any other place.

trying putting that USPS tracking # to www.canadapost.ca.

cause Canadapost is sort of like in partnership with USPS.

when i shipped with Canadapost, the tracking # works on USPS.com also.

as far as the tracking, it's going to stop updating on the USPS website, not sure about tracking it on the other side though.

but really tho, have a little faith in humanity!!!! not everyone is trying to rip you off...MOST ppl are not there to screw you! I've shipped tonssss of things internationally and have maybe had 2-3 complaints ever.

This has to be good right??? Clearing customs and all???

Label/Receipt Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

Your item cleared customs in CANADA at 12:33 AM on June 16, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Enter Label / Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Out of Foreign Customs, June 16, 2010, 12:33 am, CANADA
Into Foreign Customs, June 14, 2010, 1:37 pm, CANADA
Arrived Abroad, June 14, 2010, 1:37 pm, CANADA
International Dispatch, June 11, 2010, 5:08 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Arrival
Acceptance, June 09, 2010, 1:44 pm, MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55414

^ yep thats good news, i'd say just be patient, it takes a while for packages to arrive from the US to Toronto for me sometimes

you still need delivery confirmation to his house/apt though (if he tried filing a claim)

the customs form is the delivery confirmation ^

it will be scanned delivered just like it would if you used the green delivery confirmation sticker when sending in the U.S.
as long as the item wasn't over $250 then the buyer won't win any claim. anything over $250 you have to ship express mail.

you're good.
Everyone's said what's needed to be covered

I assume you sent by USPS?

Once it's entered customs/Canada, I've found the tracking at canadapost.com updates more frequently than the USPS website. so if you want to keep track even more, just keep an eye there. 

Back
Top Bottom