Paypal Protection

Hey Niketalk Im thinkn about doin this transaction with a fellow NTer but I don want to get screwed in the end and wana know what Paypals policy are if I getscrewed and he doesnt deliver the shoes as promised. I will be pissed if I get screwed out of any money and won't be able to get it back any help will begreatly appreciated, i didn't know where else to post mods please lock or move if necessary. Thanks in advance!

paypal will protect you if they dont ship the product but if they ship you fakes you are screwed.....been there done that.....

^^^ wow.........surprised more people dont ship fakes, to me at least.....didnt know that.....IF ITS TRUE

You aren't totally screwed if you get fakes. You can prove they are fake to paypal but it's so hard and time consuming and stupid that most peopledon't bother. Even if you go thru all the effort and paypal rules in your favor if the seller emptied thier paypal account you get NOTHING back.

Thanks for your answers, I guess its one of those things that you give it a try and pray nothing goes wrong, I think ima give it a try and see how it goes.

If you pay through paypal and the you dont recieve the item or they are fake you CAN dispute the item. What I would suggest is if you plan to dispute do itIMMEDIATELY!!!...Once you dispute, they instantly freeze the sellers account so they funds cant be zero'd out...You will have to prove authenticity, ifthats the issue, which is NOT going to be easy..Becarful of the wording of the ad or conversation (emails) between you and the seller....if that ad states noreturns or as is...or is vague in its description of authenticity..becareful because they will look into this...ex, if the guy claims 100% new, but doesnt sayauthentic (which happens on ebay all the time), this is not good for a dispute...but if you email and ask specfically and get an answer, and save the email,and can prove they are not...you will win....generally its your word against the seller unless you pay a company to authenticate (which im not sure what thecost is)...If you want 95% protection the best thing to do is actually pay with your credit card, through paypal, and dispute the transaction on bothends....the credit card wont get involved in taste issues, worn, not authentic, no box, etc, but if you dont recieive the item, they can get the funds backfrom paypal. I've had to dispute transactions with paypal and Ive always gotten my money back so ive never had to go the CC route but it is anoption....goodluck..

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

If you pay through paypal and the you dont recieve the item or they are fake you CAN dispute the item. What I would suggest is if you plan to dispute do it IMMEDIATELY!!!...Once you dispute, they instantly freeze the sellers account so they funds cant be zero'd out...You will have to prove authenticity, if thats the issue, which is NOT going to be easy..Becarful of the wording of the ad or conversation (emails) between you and the seller....if that ad states no returns or as is...or is vague in its description of authenticity..becareful because they will look into this...ex, if the guy claims 100% new, but doesnt say authentic (which happens on ebay all the time), this is not good for a dispute...but if you email and ask specfically and get an answer, and save the email, and can prove they are not...you will win....generally its your word against the seller unless you pay a company to authenticate (which im not sure what the cost is)...If you want 95% protection the best thing to do is actually pay with your credit card, through paypal, and dispute the transaction on both ends....the credit card wont get involved in taste issues, worn, not authentic, no box, etc, but if you dont recieive the item, they can get the funds back from paypal. I've had to dispute transactions with paypal and Ive always gotten my money back so ive never had to go the CC route but it is an option....goodluck..
I WON a dispute. I got $33 dollars back from a $150 how do I get the rest of the money back? I has been about 2 months since the claim ended.I'm thinking about calling up Paypal but I only wanna call if I can get some answers and not their BS.

If you can, always pay with a credit card where you can charge back that purchase. I've done it and it works. Since you pay paypal, even if they zero'dout their account, you'll still get your money from paypal through your credit card company. Happened to me. Took me about 2 months before I realized Ishould give it a shot and it worked!

Originally Posted by 10eazye

Originally Posted by Ayipapi

If you pay through paypal and the you dont recieve the item or they are fake you CAN dispute the item. What I would suggest is if you plan to dispute do it IMMEDIATELY!!!...Once you dispute, they instantly freeze the sellers account so they funds cant be zero'd out...You will have to prove authenticity, if thats the issue, which is NOT going to be easy..Becarful of the wording of the ad or conversation (emails) between you and the seller....if that ad states no returns or as is...or is vague in its description of authenticity..becareful because they will look into this...ex, if the guy claims 100% new, but doesnt say authentic (which happens on ebay all the time), this is not good for a dispute...but if you email and ask specfically and get an answer, and save the email, and can prove they are not...you will win....generally its your word against the seller unless you pay a company to authenticate (which im not sure what the cost is)...If you want 95% protection the best thing to do is actually pay with your credit card, through paypal, and dispute the transaction on both ends....the credit card wont get involved in taste issues, worn, not authentic, no box, etc, but if you dont recieive the item, they can get the funds back from paypal. I've had to dispute transactions with paypal and Ive always gotten my money back so ive never had to go the CC route but it is an option....goodluck..
I WON a dispute. I got $33 dollars back from a $150 how do I get the rest of the money back? I has been about 2 months since the claim ended. I'm thinking about calling up Paypal but I only wanna call if I can get some answers and not their BS.

I won a dispute, and got $80 dollars back on $580. This dude from ISS took me. He zeroed his account as soon as he recieved payment. I gave him 2 days afterthe transaction to file a dispute. This guy up and disappeared. I paid with my checking account. So basically i am out $500 cuz some guy on ISS isnt honest. Ihave tired every way to get my money back but now i fear its too late its been about a month since it went down

wow...I guess I've been lucky. I've been 3 for 3 on my disputes. 2 fakes(real pics, fake shoes) and 1 non sender

jhobson5 wrote:
I won a dispute, and got $80 dollars back on $580. This dude from ISS took me. He zeroed his account as soon as he recieved payment. I gave him 2 days after the transaction to file a dispute. This guy up and disappeared. I paid with my checking account. So basically i am out $500 cuz some guy on ISS isnt honest. I have tired every way to get my money back but now i fear its too late its been about a month since it went down

Damn man sorry about that that really sucks. What's up with people robbing people over the internet? I mean it's not like people have a lot of money?If I stole money from anyone over the internet or whatever I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror real talk.

Yeah some girl sent me fakes and I filed a dispute/claim. I would say the BEST thing to do is to escalate it to a claim right away because a dispute just putsit in the sellers hands to fefund you. Took me about 3 weeks but I got my full $132.50 back. Did you guys that didnt get all your money back fill in that youwant a FULL refund only? Maybe thats just how much paypal will reimburs (completely killed that word lol) you if the buyer never responds. If they are from NTthough I wouldnt worry as much. Good luck

PayPal is pretty good with buyer protection. Just always ask for the seller to send you an invoice before paying and demand that they ship within 24-48 hoursof payment being sent and provide tracking info via PayPal. That always helps deterring fraud.

Back
Top Bottom