Paypal Sucks vol. Paypal Sucks

long story short, sold tickets on ebay, someone bought them then A MONTH later filed a chargeback and i was cleared, then she went straight through the CC company and they re-visited and now im in the hole for 420 bucks for something i provided for 100% legit. and they sent the damn thing to collections cause my account has been negative for a few weeks since the payment was on the old, yet my balance is still negative..

cool story i know.. but i had to vent. anyone ever get screwed like this? they told me i wouldnt be held responsible for the money after the first clearing of the dispute too.
mad.gif

lmao @ the volume..

its true though.

only cuz they have a monopoly on the market.

That is why you only buy from eBay, you don't sell. Things were cool a few years back, but to protect buyers; eBay/paypal has put venders at a major disadvantage. Plus, with the fess it has gotten to the point that unless you are doing volume selling on eBay - it's not worth it anymore.

Same thing happened to me.

When the collection agency sends you the letter in the mail, they state that if you don't dispute it in writing within a certain period of time that they will assume that the debt is valid. I simply wrote them a letter explaining the situation and that Paypal should have never sent my account to them.

I have yet to hear back from them but I would definitely dispute the validity of the claim as soon as possible.

If it matters, I no longer use Paypal.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

buyer is in kentucky. sticking to craigslist from now on. =\

call the kentucky state attorney generals office.    if you got the buyers info inbox it to me, i'll do a little detective work for you as well to see what i can uncover about him. but either way strictly off of principle don't let him slide on this one.

I had the opposite thing happen to me. I purchased tickets off some lady on eBay and it was for a NBA game about 4 days before the actual game. Night before the game and I still didn't receive the tickets. E-mailed her multiple times with no reply and pleaded with her to send me the tickets before the afternoon of the game because once I left from work I wouldn't have a computer to print the tickets from. I left work the afternoon of the game w/o an e-mail and figured I'd just take the L and file a claim with Paypal.

Get home that night, and this B---h sent the tickets like 2 hours before the game
indifferent.gif
I filed the claim with Paypal anyways and after the dispute, they sided with her saying that she sent the tickets in enough time for me to print them and get to the game. I was so pissed because I lost like $250 for a game I didn't even get to go to
30t6p3b.gif

i got hacked on XBL.... got $125 stolen from me..... filed fraud with microsoft... someone got on my paypal and purchased microsoft points.. i called my bank.. they said once the payment goes through they are going to get me my money back in 10 days...

im worried YES... but what can i do but wait. Im gonna delete my paypal.. and anything having to do with paypal will not be used ever. idc no more. nothing.

I have heard that there is a limited amount of times you can do chargebacks. I guess thats not true. Why wouldnt you call up right away if you saw a charge like that? The "I wasn't aware of it until now excuse can only work for so many tries..

You aren't getting your credit card stolen twice a month buddy. Even if you are, the bank or CC company would likely kick you to the curb because of your liability. Yet it seems like some of these buyers have no issues with filing chargebacks. Do they have multiple accounts and credit cards? Don't CC companies have the ability to check the potential customers credit history? Chargebacks on every account they've ever owned?? Yeah okay...

For me its always been like returning an item at Walmart without a recipe. I return a $5 box of dishes and they scan my license and say I can't do no more than 3 returns in a years time. Is it in how you call and talk to them at CC companies? It seems far too easy and effective.

Banks and Credit Card companies do look into this, right? Chargeback fraud.

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

daamnn that's f'd up.

Cant sell off ebay no more, payments in gift only smh.
from what i've heard, if the payment was sent as a gift via credit card, the buyer could still file a chargeback through their credit card company

^ Correct, if they paid via "gift" with a CC they can still file a chargeback. Disputes can't happen if they paid by "gift", if so you have to call Paypal and get them to remove it.

Seems now you can't even accept CC payments anymore, straight up tell the buyer to pay via PP balance or bank account.

Back
Top Bottom