PC/Laptop heads, i need some help

So my laptop screen looks like this.
View media item 427711I used to be able to output the video to my tv, but I can't anymore. Anybody know what the problem could be, and an inexpensive way to fix it. If not is there a way to get the stuff off my HDD onto a secondary device ( external hd or another laptop)?

mine looks like that, but I have to tilt it in the right place to get it to normal :lol:

Your best bet is to get the screen replaced. It's nothing internal.

most likely, the ribbon cable for the screen is faulty and/or the screen is broken

have you dropped it recently, or slammed it shut or miss handled it in anyway? you may have the answer to your problem

Last edited:
If your screen looks like that and also on an external display, your graphics card or motherboard is bad. On laptops, you'll likely need to get the motherboard replaced since most have onboard graphic chips.

mine looks like that, but I have to tilt it in the right place to get it to normal :lol:

Your best bet is to get the screen replaced. It's nothing internal.

Yeah I used to be able to do that too, but that doesnt work anymore either :lol:

If your screen looks like that and also on an external display, your graphics card or motherboard is bad. On laptops, you'll likely need to get the motherboard replaced since most have onboard graphic chips.

I can't even get it to port to an external display anymore

Last edited:
It's most likely the harness or the inverter. You should order an inverter off of ebay they're typically less than $10. If it was booting fine on an external it could just mean that the settings for the external are a bit wacky now. You should try it on a couple other tvs/monitors first. This use to happen to me.

BtW I'm basing this solely on the fact that It use to show at an angle without any lines on the screen. But if there were lines on the screen before this happened the laptop screen also should be changed

I have this exact problem with a Lenovo g570. I bought a new LCD ribbon cable to replace a pinched one with exposed wires. I installed it with no luck, i just get a white screen. Its either a problem with the screen or the inverter, or the mobo is damaged. The laptop only works connected to a external display.

Back
Top Bottom