peeling potatoes how do u do it , with pics

Originally Posted by andycrazn

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I'm not even going to lie, anything that includes talking about cooking, I'm for it.
laugh.gif

Especially on here, since this place is full of guys. I wish more guys knew how to get things done in the kitchen, instead of going from mommy's cooking to college to the wife's cooking, never learning anything past grilling.

Like Winter alluded to: self-sufficiency is an underrated value.

happy.gif
hell yea. weekly steaks,pasta,burgers FTWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. the last time i let my cousin cook me steak i threw that thing in the garbage. never again unless its from a restaurant.

nowadays girls dont even know how to cook so i have to rely on myself.

ska do you know how to make beef stew? i keep looking online for recipes but i dont know what kind of beef i should be getting.
Check the grocery store, they should have some "stew beef" or something directed towards stews. Basically the stuff you're lookingfor is either going to be roughly 2x2 inch chunks, or you can go with a roast of some sort(a big chunk of meat)

andycrazn:
ska do you know how to make beef stew? i keep looking online for recipes but i dont know what kind of beef i should be getting.
Chuck roast.
smokin.gif

Hit up foodnetwork.com for some recipes.
wink.gif

FTW
pimp.gif

^ For the most part, I agree.

But there a few exceptions.

Off the top of my head, the only one I can think of is potato salad; potato skins are nasty in potato salad.

But potato skins in mashed potatoes FTWIIIINNNN!!
I like the skins left on if it is red potato salad; I'm with you and Winter - leave 'em on!

andycrazn:
Chuck roast.
smokin.gif

Hit up foodnetwork.com for some recipes.
wink.gif

yea 2 weeks ago i looked up a recipe for cajun style potato wedges and it tastes just like the ones you get at popeyes. ended up grabbing somehash browns and used the same method on those.

we should have a official cooking thread. seriously.

Depends on the variety of potato and how you want to cook the potato.

You want soup or chowder potatoes? Yukon golds and red skin potatoes. For red skins quarter/eigth em up (depending on size) For yukons give em a large ormedium(i prefer medium) dice. Medium dice: 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch. Large dice: 3/4 inch x 3/4 x 3/4

French Fries? Grab a russet potato...give it a battonet 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch x 2-3 inch long

Baked potato? Rub a russet in olive oil and cover in (prefer kosher)salt and (prefer fresh)crushed black pepper bake for an hour @ 350 degrees F

Pan fried? Fingerling or Russet...OR THINLY sliced russets/yukon golds. Salt, pepper, oil, BACON, whatever herbs and spices you like...

Roasted? Red skin potato, quartered. Butter, S+P, whatever herbs and spices you like (I like em with rosemary)

TOO MUCH YOU CAN DO!

BTW, I went to culinary school.

I'm a prep cook at cracker barrel. And, I'd have to agree, leave the skins on. They are really good for you. Just wedge them.

Originally Posted by TRUFANCE

Depends on the variety of potato and how you want to cook the potato.

You want soup or chowder potatoes? Yukon golds and red skin potatoes. For red skins quarter/eigth em up (depending on size) For yukons give em a large or medium(i prefer medium) dice. Medium dice: 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch. Large dice: 3/4 inch x 3/4 x 3/4

French Fries? Grab a russet potato...give it a battonet 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch x 2-3 inch long

Baked potato? Rub a russet in olive oil and cover in (prefer kosher)salt and (prefer fresh)crushed black pepper bake for an hour @ 350 degrees F

Pan fried? Fingerling or Russet...OR THINLY sliced russets/yukon golds. Salt, pepper, oil, BACON, whatever herbs and spices you like...

Roasted? Red skin potato, quartered. Butter, S+P, whatever herbs and spices you like (I like em with rosemary)

TOO MUCH YOU CAN DO!

BTW, I went to culinary school.
for some reason when i was reading that i keep hearing BAM!

rotato-express_potato_peeler.jpg

Most worthless thing ever. I can't believe someone made this.
Fanatic:
TRUFANCE:
Ska I can't tell if that's a joke or serious
nerd.gif
haha

ohwell.gif

Oh he's serious
laugh.gif

Definitely serious, TRU.

I love cooking, and I wish it would have fit into my life for me to go to culinary school.

Back
Top Bottom