People Charging to view Banksy piece in East New York Vol: Everyday I'm hustlin?

aNYone

Supporter

Pic of the piece they were covering

Excerpt from NYPOST article  Link: http://nypost.com/2013/10/11/east-new-york-jerks-charge-to-see-banksy-piece/

A couple of savvy Brooklyn street entrepreneurs have started charging $20 a pop to take pictures of a new Banksy art piece of a stenciled beaver.

The amateur curators used cardboard to shield the well-known British graffiti artist’s piece in their East New York neighborhood and will remove it only for a price.

“I’m trying to get some bread,” a man said in a video posted on YouTube Thursday. “This is my neighborhood. If you wanna take a picture, it’s gonna cost something.”

Later in the day, a man who called himself a Banksy “fan” stopped by with a hammer and chisel and attempted to remove the art from the wall, ­according to the Web site Animal New York.

The street artist is currently doing a monthlong “residency” in New York, where he’s putting up his work on various public walls around town.

Is this huslin at its finest or too grimy even for New York

Technically its illegal to do graffiti there but does that justify these "business men's" motives

What does Niketalk think about this

Last edited:
I would not expect nothing else from East New York.

Sums up the thread. I wouldn't be surprised if the people got robbed walking around that piece of hell on Earth with those expensive cameras.

The people that paid are soft. It's public property and they got intimidated into paying to take a picture. This whole Banksy NY thing is a joke. People running around the city to show their friends that they're hip with what's in at the moment.

He did a few pieces around other parts of the city but they were painted over with the quickness.

"His" neighborhood?...bruh...he doesn't own a public street....these hood boogers b.

laugh.gif
the cops would been called. I don't give a damn what anyone says.
the cops would probably laugh at you. just imaging how that call would go.

lowkey.. this is what i like about new york... :lol:

i just want to smash one of them new york hoodie hustlin rats one time for the sake of doing it...

Later in the day, a man who called himself a Banksy “fan” stopped by with a hammer and chisel and attempted to remove the art from the wall, ­according to the Web site Animal New York.

lol. that is hilarious.

To dudes charging money, I guess they gotta do what they gotta do. But if they stressed that hard off of money, why are they chillin in the middle of the day. Might as well be chillin on a corner asking for money.

Then again, if people paid to see it, I guess they were smart. For the people who paid, they were idiots.

Them hipsters are soft for paying. Not paying anyone foh. Dudes constantly trying to sell airheads on 34th for a buck annoying as hell. I'd start hitting them with hammers but don't feel like going to jail. I genuinely detest these hood ******* that ruin something nice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom