Percy Harvin/Oakland Raiders

AG 47 wrote:

laugh.gif
I definitely meant to say "more than one", but it's all good. You get what I'm trying to say.
JLH has been solid and Harvin would be another ruined career if drafted by Oakland.

no you didn't
laugh.gif

He's crucial on special teams. I was surprised when I found out not even the GREAT Devin Hester has more Punt Return TD's than JLH.

He'll be playing WR unlike Reggie. big difference
Even now in college Percy understands Hole discipline and reads blocks better than Bush, ( which is a gad damn shame
smh.gif
)

@ Haze - I didnt say Higgins cant make people miss, but he has straight line speed no stop and start or feet like Percy. not even close

@ AG - Higgins and Percy arent similar players, thats whaat we are saying. U bunched them both togther when they arent.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

AG 47 wrote:

laugh.gif
I definitely meant to say "more than one", but it's all good. You get what I'm trying to say.

JLH has been solid and Harvin would be another ruined career if drafted by Oakland.

no you didn't
laugh.gif

He's crucial on special teams. I was surprised when I found out
not even the GREAT Devin Hester has more Punt Return TD's than JLH.

You're right.
smh.gif
Completely heard wrong on the game today. They meant Raider history, I thought dude said NFL history.

Fail.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

@ Haze - I didnt say Higgins cant make people miss, but he has straight line speed no stop and start or feet like Percy. not even close

@ AG - Higgins and Percy arent similar players, thats whaat we are saying. U bunched them both togther when they arent.

I definitely agree, like you said they're not similar players.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

No they're not similar players, but what I was trying to say is that what Higgins and McFadden bring to the Raiders, would be the equivalent of what Harvin
could bring to the Raiders. The only area where it seems Harvin excels far better than Higgins is at WR. But I don't see that difference big enough tobypass
an offensive tackle or defensive end in the first round and select Harvin.

Did someone say make this the official Raiders thread?

[h1]Tuna fishing? Parcells has opt-out clause[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 28, 2008, 1:37 PM ET
It's a possibility, hinging on whether Miami Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga's saleof his majority ownership of the team goes through, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. When Parcells joinedthe Dolphins as executive vice president of football operations last year, his deal included a one-time out clause that allowed him to walk away, with the restof his $12 million guaranteed contract fully paid, no strings attached, if Huizenga sold the team. Earlier this year, Huizenga agreed to sell 95 percent of theDolphins to New York developer Stephen Ross. Huizenga hopes to close on the deal by early January to ensure that the capital gains taxes on the saleremain at 15 percent before President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office in January, Mortensen reported.Parcells' contract specifically states only Huizenga can be in authority over him. Once Ross officially becomes majority owner, Parcells has tonotify Ross within 30 days that he intends to exercise his walk-away clause and collect the full balance of $9 million, Mortensen reported. At that time, Parcells would be a free agent. And any team that wants his services would not owe compensation to the Dolphins, accordingto the report. Among the teams sources say are on Parcells' radar are the New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns and the Oakland Raiders. However, if Parcells' son-in-law, New England Patriots vice president Scott Pioli, is interested in any of those jobs, Parcells isunlikely to wind up with that team, Mortensen reported. Parcells could negotiate with Ross to extend his opt-out clause by one year. But as presently written,the clause doesn't extend after one season, according to the report.

I agree for the most part, Curry's production has been poor especially as of late but lets give credit where credit is due, Curry is as hardworking as anybody in the NFL, dude has gained my respect during his time here. You don't come back after multiple achilles tendon tears without putting in work.

Look I'm not gonna sit here and say I haven't been rooting for Curry for years now. I give dude mad respect from coming back from 3 HUGE injuries, butfacts are facts. Curry has had every opportunity to overcome the hump and has yet to do it. Countless times this year he's been counted on for a big catchand either dropped it, or wasn't in position. Then when he got benched, he whined and said he wanted out. GOOD RIDDANCE. People are still hyped aboutCurrys 2-3 Spectacular catches and have failed to realize for every spectacular catch, he has multiple drive killing drops. Then you're gonna complain inthe media? The Raiders HAVE to be done with these players. Asomugha has had every opportunity to trash this team this year and has still maintained his classand supported the team.

Here's to Bill Parcells coming in next year!!!!!!
happy.gif

good to see some older raider fans on the this board, stevielipz being one of them
pimp.gif

a big hell no to percy harvin, we already have a playmaking "proven" wideout who is roughly the same size in johnny lee higgins

we need OT, like Andre Smith, Jason Smith or Oher if he's available

we need a DE, Michael Johnson from GT comes to mind

we need a solid tackling hard hitting linebacker, Maualuga!

Originally Posted by 0aktown

a big hell no to percy harvin, we already have a playmaking "proven" wideout who is roughly the same size in johnny lee higgins
here we go again.
no you don't. you have a wr that has been a great returner this year, but hasn't really prove anything as a WR. you're banking your futures on aman that has yet to even catch for 400 yards in his career.
i understand not wanting percy because of other needs, but if your reasoning is because you have Higgins, just shows that you don't watch football or havenever seen Percy play ball ever in your life time.

Originally Posted by stevielips

I agree for the most part, Curry's production has been poor especially as of late but lets give credit where credit is due, Curry is as hardworking as
anybody in the NFL, dude has gained my respect during his time here. You don't come back after multiple achilles tendon tears without
putting in work.

Look I'm not gonna sit here and say I haven't been rooting for Curry for years now. I give dude mad respect from coming back from 3 HUGE injuries, but
facts are facts. Curry has had every opportunity to overcome the hump and has yet to do it. Countless times this year he's been counted on for a big catch
and either dropped it, or wasn't in position. Then when he got benched, he whined and said he wanted out. GOOD RIDDANCE. People are still hyped about
Currys 2-3 Spectacular catches and have failed to realize for every spectacular catch, he has multiple drive killing drops. Then you're gonna complain in
the media? The Raiders HAVE to be done with these players. Asomugha has had every opportunity to trash this team this year and has still maintained his class
and supported the team.

Here's to Bill Parcells coming in next year!!!!!!
happy.gif

I agree 100% I was just pointing out that i have no gripes with Curry's work ethic. I didn't know he was running his mouth to the media though
smh.gif
. Atthis point dude isn't helping us move the ball on offense and he's probably been a detriment to the overall passing game if anything. I think it'stime for him to go too. When you talk about actual output, 89 is a disaster.

here we go again.
no you don't. you have a wr that has been a great returner this year, but hasn't really prove anything as a WR. you're banking your futures on a man that has yet to even catch for 400 yards in his career.
i understand not wanting percy because of other needs, but if your reasoning is because you have Higgins, just shows that you don't watch football or have never seen Percy play ball ever in your life time.

fine, a big hell no to percy harvins because we clearly have other needs than another speedy typical raider draft pick. happy?

0aktown wrote:

here we go again.

no you don't. you have a wr that has been a great returner this year, but hasn't really prove anything as a WR. you're banking your futures on a
man that has yet to even catch for 400 yards in his career.

i understand not wanting percy because of other needs, but if your reasoning is because you have Higgins, just shows that you don't watch football or have
never seen Percy play ball ever in your life time.

Naw your perspective on this is faulty. We need a go to WR, everybody understands that but when it comes to our team, the pieces that would fit, and thespecific needs we have at the position of WR most of us would just rather us pick up a Crabtree, somebody like that.

Like i said earlier, if we can afford a non first round pic on Harvin i would love to see us take him, dude isn't specifically what weneed though

smh.gif
at the Raiders throwing this game away. Which linemen was that who just got blasted by Ronde's little %!# on that pic return?...Wasn't a blindsideor nothing, Barber just pancaked him straight up
smh.gif

damn not again with the knee
smh.gif

eek.gif
did you guys just hear some of those candid sound bytes? Williams must have been right next someone's microphone you could hear everything he wassaying.

they actually switched to the Raiders game in my area !

Hopefully they can knock Gruden out of the playoffs.

The Raiders don't need a luxury player like Harvin. He's a great accessory for a team needs some speed. The Raiders need some offensive linemen and maybe a big reliable target at the WR, like a Crabtree. A TE they can find that in the latter rounds or even through free agency.
i NEVER EVER said that the Raiders needed Harvin. All I've said is you can't use having Higgins as a reason for saying that, you know?

Back
Top Bottom