Pet Advice/ English Bulldog

Ladies and Gentlemen of niketalk I come to you seeking advice and opinions on a matter that I am uncertain how to resolve.

My situation is my girl and I lived together for 3 years. During the 2nd year we got an AKC registered English bulldog. My girl footed the bill, and wecalled it our dog but since she ponied up the cash for it, it was "her" dog. During the next year she applied to law school and was accepted at aschool about 70 miles from where we currently were living. We explored different options of her commuting, or we move there and I commute back to work, or wemove half way and both commute. In the end I stayed where we were, and she moved to her school's city with the intention of moving back after school. Wehad already done much longer distance than this before in our relationship so that was not an issue, but she took the dog with her. So once that happened weset out to try and stud him so that I could get one of his puppies and we'd each have a dog.

2 weeks ago we finally found a female to breed with. My girl made a friend last year at school who had just bought an English BD puppy, the dog seemed great,and my girl was able to get in touch with the breeder, so that this year when she was in heat we could provide the stud for that. So we stud the dog 2 weeksago and all seems well, except the fact that the female owner calls my girl up today, and says I forgot to mention that Gizzy (the female in the equation) wasnot AKC registered, but instead was CKC registered. I know we dropped the ball by not finding this out in advance, but I was just excited to finally begetting a dog, and didn't think about all this type questions. They inquired about my dog's registration so I assumed all was right on their side ofthings.

So my question is what does this mean exactly, and what would you do. It is my understanding that AKC is the top registration, but I'm not familiar withCKC, or what exactly that means.

I don't intend to ever show my dog or anything like that, but at the same time, I intended to get a male from this litter and hoped to stud him in thefuture. Will this make my male less appealing as a stud in the future.

I don't know, I'm just really caught off guard by this whole situation and uncertain what my next move should be.

So WWNtD?

youre gettin a free dog from somethin you didnt even put in on in the first place...just be happy and stop tryin to be a puppy pimp

Thanks, that answered all my questions. I appreciate the helpful insight.

Why is it, regardless of how long you've been coming to this site, if your post count isn't through the roof you continually get crapped on.

To be honest if your not going to be placing the dog in a shows later on it doesnt really matter. I'm not totally familiar with the different kennel clubs,but I do know the main difference between them is the dogs they recognize as part of each club. I have an american bulldog which turns out is recognized by theCKC but not AKC.

It will most likely make a difference when trying to breed him, people who have dogs in the AKC may not want to breed with your pup since he is CKC registed.Just breed him with other CKC registered dogs...some people even have their dogs dual registed under a number of kennel clubs.

You should be fine dogs can be duel registered . when you send in the litter registraion papers include a copy of the dams pedigree . Its done all the time

Back
Top Bottom