Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth's The Main Ingredient Appreciation...

themainingredient.jpg

I know were in a time where guys like this are being forgotten about, but I had to say something about this album. I hadn't listened to this in quite some time and even I forgot how much of a classic this album is(personally). From the opening track, it had me
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
. I personally believe Pete Rock did some of his best work on this album. And of course C.L. Smooth laces the tracks with his smooth flow. If you haven't listened to it, listen to these tracks first:

In The House
Worldwide
Tell Me
Check It Out (Best track on the album personally)
Its On You
All The Places
Carmel City

Peace
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Appreciated 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great production, makes it really easy to listen all the way though 

Liked it better than Mecca and the Soul Brother

Add Carmel City to that list, the track it smoooth

Originally Posted by MaxSwoosh713

Appreciated 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Great production, makes it really easy to listen all the way though 

Liked it better than Mecca and the Soul Brother

Add Carmel City to that list, the track it smoooth
Well I figured that would be one of the songs most people knew along with I Got A Love, I Get Physical, Take You There, and Searching

I used to ride to JO cribs bumping Carmel City
laugh.gif

had the whole album in rotation from 2007-2009

appreciated

pimp.gif

Main Ingredient is definitely appreciated, but I don't think it's better than Mecca And The Soul Brother.

Escape is just sooo damn good. PR best produced track on the album imo

I love the way they played a tiny part of another beat after every song.

Originally Posted by PLVN

I like this better than Mecca...

No lie.
i used to think Mecca was better too. then one day i just realized that this album is just more complete and mature.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by PLVN

I like this better than Mecca...

No lie.
i used to think Mecca was better too. then one day i just realized that this album is just more complete and mature.

For me, I like Mecca better but Main Ingredient was a great follow-up. You can definitely see Pete Rock grew musically from the prior release. But Mecca was just that jawn for me. It was so soulful in a way prior rap records hadn't been at the time. Don't get me wrong, I love both....

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Classic CD.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You forgot other good songs though -

I Get Physical
I Got a Love

I added them in one of my posts up there. I used to think Mecca and The Soul Brother was better too. But to be honest, that was mainly because of T.R.O.Y This is by far one of the most complete hip hop albums I've ever listened to. Complete production front to back, complete lyricism front to back.

I always felt like both of these albums didn't do the careers of Pete Rock and CL justice.

Like, neither album seemed to be as great as I believe Pete and CL to be.

For the record, I LOVE All Souled Out EP.

Title Track
Go With The Flow
Good Life
OG Mecca And The Soul Brother

I think one reason why I was disappointed by Mecca and The Soul Brother THE ALBUM was because the original "Mecca and The Soul Brother" THE SONG wasn't on it.

And I hate the version on the album and in the video compared to the ILL, BLARING horns on the original version.

Don't get me wrong though, there are definitely joints on both albums I like a lot and both are very solid albums. Yes, I may also like Main Ingredient more.

^ I queued up the EP & both albums once I left this thread earlier. Been working on spread sheets all day while vibin' to Pete Rock & CL Smooth...

SOOOOOOOO much i'd like to say about this album,but i'll just say this... Rob-O really shined on TMI.

Mecca and the Soul Brother and Main Ingredient are both classics imo.

CL has one of my top three all time favorite rap voices and Pete Rock is just Pete Rock.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

SOOOOOOOO much i'd like to say about this album,but i'll just say this... Rob-O really shined on TMI.

Speak your peace my brotha.

But your right, Rob-O was nice. I wish INI's album would've released back then. That is also a classic album
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom