PHIFE DAWG Vs. Q-TIP *Discussion* WHO'S THE BEST?

Okay I have been saying to my self Phife Dwag (Malik the five foot freak) has a certain conception that i haven't heard from any other rapper andQ-Tip(which i still think is great) has his witty remarks and out scandalous remarks rap skills. But Phife lyrics just
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Discuss...

lyrically phife >>>> tip all day and im sure no one can argue with that

...but q-tip's whole vibe, voice and flow = ATCQ

I had this argument the other day. I argued that Q-Tip is the stronger lyricist due to the lesser use of similies in his rhymes. That's a personalpet-peeve when an artist uses "like" in every other bar. I'd also argue that Tip's flow was more smooth and unique over their selectedtracks.

Phife had some witty lines that cater to those who love "battle rhymes," but as far as complementing a song, Tip gets my vote

Exactly.

Check the Rime... Flames.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Liban906

/thread

BTW Phife (healthy) and Game should have battle to see who can name drop the most.
laugh.gif

Q-Tip was better on Low End Theroy

Phife was better on Midnight Marauders

They were equal 2 me on beats,rhymes, & Life & The Love Movement

Q-Tip made a better solo album though

Like dudes said, Phife was the better pure rhymer and I feel Big Boi is the better pure rhymer in OutKast, but QTip really embodies was ATCQ was all about,the way Andre 3k really represents the creativity and left field style you expect from OutKast. Qtip and Andre raps are more memorable because the style, flow,voice, articulation, etc. they use more so than how crazy lyrical their verses are. But in both situations, the margin between the two rappers is minimal.

Simple and plain, you nailed it. I couldn't have explained it any better than that.

What made ATCQ so versatile was that they appealed to two styles of rap. Q-tip was the conscious rapper, an early Common, but alot more playful with hisrhymes. Phife was about his lyrics and his delivery. If it wasn't for both of them the Tribe wouldn't be remembered for who they are today. But imoQ-tip/Abstract is better

What he said.

Originally Posted by AJMasta

Simple and plain, you nailed it. I couldn't have explained it any better than that.

Q-TIP by far. Phife is a monster on the mic, but Q-Tip is was/is the fuel to that ATCQ machine.

Back
Top Bottom