Phil Ivey > " "

ef235140e72f5884786d7ed.gif

Phil Ivey is a cool cat.

I remember when I was working at NTLA, dude walked in looking for an entire golf outfit. He was golfing that afternoon. Dude changed in the fitting room,into the golf clothes, I got his kicks. He pulled out two fat wads of cash from his jeans,
eek.gif
, and kept all the tags to pay for his gear. Walked out looking like a TigerWoods mannequin. He slipped me $100 tip (
smokin.gif
), !@$% the "wecan't take tips" policy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Phil Ivey is a cool cat.

I remember when I was working at NTLA, dude walked in looking for an entire golf outfit. He was golfing that afternoon. Dude changed in the fitting room, into the golf clothes, I got his kicks. He pulled out two fat wads of cash from his jeans,
eek.gif
, and kept all the tags to pay for his gear. Walked out looking like a Tiger Woods mannequin. He slipped me $100 tip (
smokin.gif
), !@$% the "we can't take tips" policy
laugh.gif
phil ivey is one of the biggest tippers in the world, it's standard in the gambling community to tip for everything.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Phil Ivey is a cool cat.

I remember when I was working at NTLA, dude walked in looking for an entire golf outfit. He was golfing that afternoon. Dude changed in the fitting room, into the golf clothes, I got his kicks. He pulled out two fat wads of cash from his jeans,
eek.gif
, and kept all the tags to pay for his gear. Walked out looking like a Tiger Woods mannequin. He slipped me $100 tip (
smokin.gif
), !@$% the "we can't take tips" policy
laugh.gif
Pics or Ducktales
nerd.gif

Just kidding... that's dope
laugh.gif

Anyone ever see Ivey take on craps...This guy has no respect for money....That's gangsta...his bank roll must mean nothing to him.

Check it out:

Originally Posted by fitch4235

dude is in a class of his own..
Hang around Vegas a while and you'll hear many tales of luxurious excess, though few can rival this Phil Ivey anecdote we heard moments ago.

Allegedly a group of businessmen were enjoying dinner at the Wynn when they looked over at one of the nearby tables to see none other than Phil Ivey.

Big fans of the poker superstar, they summoned the waiter and asked him to send Ivey a bottle of Cristal champagne, compliments of their table.

Happy with their deed, they went back to tucking into their top-class steaks.
Twenty minutes later, the waiter came back...armed with five bottles of Cristal!

"These are for you, courtesy of Mr. Ivey."

The businessmen were impressed. These bottles were selling at four or five hundred bucks a pop so $2.5k's worth of top class champagne was a very generous gesture.

They felt like they still wanted to send a message to Ivey that they were big fans of his though and took the waiter aside for a word.

"Would you have twenty bottles of Cristal delivered to Mr Ivey please?"

The waiter raised his eyebrows just a notch but took the order, made arrangements and twenty bottles of Cristal were sent over to the poker legend.

If you four-bet Ivey, don't be suprised if he 5-bet shoves!

The businessmen were satisfied that their point had been made and went back to talking about stocks, shares and of course cracking open a few of the five bottles of champagne stocking their table.

Some time later, they noticed a group of staff approaching their table.

They watched with ever increasing disbelief as bottle after bottle after bottle of Cristal was unloaded until their table and surrounding area were filled with no less than 200 bottles of the vintage champagne - retailing at approximately $100k!

When the delivery had been made the waiter passed the awestruck businessmen a note.

"This is from Mr Ivey sirs."

As the waiter walked away they all crowded round to read the note.

It simply said, "...and I won't stop."

That's why Phil Ivey is the Cristal Balla!
original source: http://www.pokerlistings....p/2009/the-cristal-balla

eek.gif
pimp.gif

dudes cool but damn , this is the 2nd thread ive seen in General about Phil in the past year ...

Originally Posted by Prez T

dudes cool but damn , this is the 2nd thread ive seen in General about Phil in the past year ...
Your point? Nt jocking too much? or not enough compared to say Kanye or Lil Wayne?

laugh.gif
not surprised at all to see this story... don't know how true it really is, but would not surprise me to hear it was.

The craps video is sick... "you always need one crazy white boy in the crew"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ivey is a regular participant in the $4,000-$8,000 mixed cash game at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas (often referred to as the Big Game). In February 2006, he played heads-up Limit Texas Hold'em versus Texas billionaire Andy Beal. With stakes at $25,000/$50,000, Ivey won over $16,000,000 over the course of three days.

damn i need to learn to play poker, some1 told me if you get free lessons its not worth it, but then when you pay for it, they get you.. DAMMIT

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

also, isn't ivey amazing at pacman, i mean like unbelievable?
He plays with Barry Greenstein's house over money..

Check it out:

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
not surprised at all to see this story... don't know how true it really is, but would not surprise me to hear it was.

The craps video is sick... "you always need one crazy white boy in the crew"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That crazy white boy is Barry Greenstein.

story was repost of this thread

... i added in a similar "baller" story of ivey in that post as well...

Tuan Le was telling myself and a group of others how they were at the 40/40 club with JayZ and JayZ started trash talkin' to phil and phil replied "weall know you got money Jay but where is it" challenging Jay to bring some real $ to the craps table -- thought it was pretty funny.

He is definitely livin it up

Back
Top Bottom