*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

Combine doesn't always relate to actual gameplay. If you watch any mediocre NBA shooter in warmups they shoot lights out then go 3 for 12 during the game.

You use the combine to confirm what you see on tape.. if you see huge variables then you gotta check things

take JJAW, him running 4.49 is pretty shocking.. he struggled getting separation in college but he made tough catches and had a big catch radius in college.. so it wasn’t shocking that dudes had zero respect for him running by them, even though he ran a pretty solid 40

reagor’s times don’t make sense given what we’ve seen in games.. but you should factor in all the available info

joe Douglas put a heavy emphasis on production in college, which I think has a value but you should factor in as much as you can

You use the combine to confirm what you see on tape.. if you see huge variables then you gotta check things

take JJAW, him running 4.49 is pretty shocking.. he struggled getting separation in college but he made tough catches and had a big catch radius in college.. so it wasn’t shocking that dudes had zero respect for him running by them, even though he ran a pretty solid 40

reagor’s times don’t make sense given what we’ve seen in games.. but you should factor in all the available info

joe Douglas put a heavy emphasis on production in college, which I think has a value but you should factor in as much as you can

I agree. Def needs to be a combo of the 2. I think with the Eagles lack of speed at WR, it puts a big emphasis on things like 40 times. I know teams hold their own workouts so hopefully he performs better there because if we miss out on Ruggs, which is likely without trading up, we need some solid backup options.

However, DJacc ran a 4.35 which is a tenth of a second less and he was the fastest dude in the league in terms of in game speed for a good amount of time

Didn’t AB run like a 4.56 along with D Hopkins? Lol they’re still cooking people .

I could care less about the 40 , my main thing is can these guys go out there & produce ??

Didn’t AB run like a 4.56 along with D Hopkins? Lol they’re still cooking people .

I could care less about the 40 , my main thing is can these guys go out there & produce ??

Julio Jones ran a 4.39 as well. Thing is, these 3 guys who were essentially top 3 (arguably) before last season are elite route runners. So if you're gonna draft a guy with an average 40 time, he better run the **** out of his routes.

40 times are more important for some people..

it is why everything must be considered within the perspective of what you see on tape

same goes for the bench and the other drills

but there is also the skill within the whole thing.. take ertz and JJAW, for example

ertz I think was like a 4.7 or 4.8 guy at the combine and we see that play out, but dude can run routes and has a ton of skill.. JJAW ran a solid 40 (4.49) but he’s not creating separation from dudes definitely slower than him

Do we need burners yes ..but we just need guys who can get open more than anything

Go look at the top ten guys in receiving yards last year ..Julio prob the only one you could legit call a burner

With all that being said Ruggs is still my number 1 priority :lol:

Do we need burners yes ..but we just need guys who can get open more than anything

Go look at the top ten guys in receiving yards last year ..Julio prob the only one you could legit call a burner

Agholor got open all the time fam. That’s not saying much lol but yea I’m Ruggs then KJ

Ruggs has straight line speed yes but I’m not sure if he is all around a better receiver than Lamb & Jeudy .

Ruggs has straight line speed yes but I’m not sure if he is all around a better receiver than Lamb & Jeudy .

jeudy is the most polished of the 3, dude’s routes are just filthy.. lamb is like nuk.. and ruggs is just speed on another level

jeudy and lamb didn’t need to be 4.3 guys.. ruggs did

and hell, with a lot of dudes there technique is killing couple tenths here and there anyways

05B14BD2-C815-44CA-9E20-85128EA8CF3E.png

I mean as long as he ain’t the main guy, I’m cool with taking him to develop and do simple shh early just to get the ball in his hands

but in the 1st I want I dude who I legit think can turn out into a main guy and I’d only bank on those main 3 guys

Back
Top Bottom