Philly Police Kill another man Vol. this one finally had a weapon... he stood no chance

According to this story... this man was riding around with a gun in his console in plain sight. Was stopped for a traffic stop.... didn't try and stash the gun... got out the car to adhere with cops... got into an altercation with the cops... and apparently lunged towards the car to get the gun therefore being shot in the head... yea that sounds like such a true story. :rolleyes

By KATHERINE SCOTT and VERNON ODOM
Monday, December 15, 2014 03:30AM
MAYFAIR (WPVI) -- We now know the identity of the man who was shot and killed in an altercation with Philadelphia police early Monday in the Mayfair section of the city.

Family members identify the deceased as 26-year-old Brandon Tate Brown of North Philadelphia. Police say Brown was reaching for a handgun when an officer opened fire.

It happened around 2:45 a.m. Monday during a traffic stop on the 6700 block of Frankford Avenue.

Police tell Action News two uniformed officers pulled over a white Dodge Charger for driving without headlights.

The sedan was a rented vehicle with Florida tags.

Police say officers approached and saw a handgun in the center console. The officers asked Brown to get out of the car and that's when there was a struggle.

Brown allegedly tried to get back into the Dodge and get the gun, police say, when one of the officers opened fire, striking him in the head.

Medics treated Brown at the scene, but were unable to revive him. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey explains, "Apparently it started with a traffic stop, and the officers were involved in some kind of struggle and wound up with the shooting of the suspect. There was a gun recovered from the vehicle that the suspect was in."

Police Capt. George Fuchs says, "We do have a gun that was actually found in the suspect's car... The butt was totally visible, the butt of the gun, was in the console."

Police say Brown's 22 caliber gun had eight live rounds and was reported stolen back in July, 2013.

Brown, police say, served five and a half years in prison in connection with two arrests for attempted murder, and that he was on parole and on probation until 2017.

Action News spoke with Brown's family and they say they're convinced he was doing nothing wrong when he was stopped by police and they believe the killing was unjustified.

The family says he was driving a rental car owned by the Bucks County company where he was employed.

Brown's mother, Tanya Dickerson, tells us, "What I want to know is, what happened? And why couldn't you disable him? Why are you trained to kill instead of disable?"

Leon Goodwin, Brown's stepfather, says, "I don't want them to just sweep it under the rug. I don't want the cops to get away with this, because it's wrong. They took my son, and I want somebody to pay for it."

Brown's family says they fear the police probe will be a whitewash. Police deny that, saying their probe will be thorough and accurate.

The officer who fired on the suspect was being interviewed by investigators from Philadelphia Police Internal Affairs.

A number of witnesses were also being interviewed.

One officer was transported by medics to the hospital for "observation due to the incident," police said.

Even if force was justified, we're now at the point where not a lot of people will give the police the benefit of the doubt in situations like these.

Even if force was justified, we're now at the point where not a lot of people will give the police the benefit of the doubt in situations like these.

At this point why would we... especially when the stories don't add up.

How exactly did a black man with a gun sitting in clear view get into a scuffle, with two police officers?

Cops pull guns on black men for reaching for their ID cards... yet they somehow didn't have weapons pulled when they clearly saw the man had a gun in reach :rolleyes. And if they did have the guns drawn as he was getting out the car... you mean to tell me the man left the gun in the car, and decided to fight two cops with guns drawn?

NOTHING about this story makes sense ESPECIALLY with the climate btwn black men and cops these days.

Many communities have been at that point for multiple generations now. There's a reason cops are collectively viewed as pigs and devils.

Last edited:
What happened to that guy that got shot while reaching for a ticket which contained his info?

Last edited:
Is there video footage?
I know this happened very late at night, are there any witnesses?

Without other account of the story, I can't judge. I don't trust the cops since if they did mess up, they would fabricate a story to clear their name. On the same token, could be true as all cops aren't bad. Most are ***** though.

Need more info.

It happened monday so it's still very new... But regardless of that we have innocent kids being shot with witnesses there & cops walkin free. This man had a gun in his car, they are gonna hang him if this even hits social media.

dude was driving the rental like he stole it

with a stolen gun in the console

Last edited:
Is there video footage?
I know this happened very late at night, are there any witnesses?

Without other account of the story, I can't judge. I don't trust the cops since if they did mess up, they would fabricate a story to clear their name. On the same token, could be true as all cops aren't bad. Most are ***** though.

Need more info.

Same here....

Just guessing that dude panicked due to the gun being stolen....

Stolen gun?

Hmm don't know his intent so as of now I can't say anything negative about the cop

Can't defend every case... sorry to hear another young man lost his life at the hands of cops, but if you put yourself in bad situations, bad stuff happens.

Gun in plain sight.

Yeah this had bad written all over it sometimes you have to make the right choice.

Tate-Brown was arrested at age 19 on attempted murder and related charges in a Juniata Park shooting. Police said he walked up to two men sitting on a porch, pulled a .40-caliber handgun from his waistband, and opened fire, striking one of the men three times in the leg, and grazing the other.

Police said Tate-Brown had been feuding with the men and returned to settle the fight with a gun. In 2008, he pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, aggravated assault, and was sentenced to five years in prison

More details in this article...

Link

With his history, the hell was he doing with a stolen gun? :smh:

No one deserves to get shot in the head

The way I'm reading the article, I see that he did have a gun in sight, and allegedly reached for it, plus the gun was reported stolen in 2013, and he had a history of bustin his gun. I don't think this can be compared to what's going in in Ferguson, etc..

But at the end of the day, son didn't need to get shot in the head. These cops need to get better training. And I do believe that race played a big part in this.

Link

This is a lost cause because you have to be christ reincarnated for people to view wrong doing on the cops end.

I'm in no way saying that he didn't have a stolen gun... with that said the story on the cops end of why he was murdered makes NO sense whatsoever. What dude who has been to jail once is riding around with a stolen gun in plain site, in PHILLY, at 3AM. he didn't try to stash it or anything?

And if he did happen to jst be riding around with a gun in plain site... it's almost guaranteed the cops stopped him and immediately pulled guns out on him. Why would he peacefully accept getting out the car & then attack two officers who had guns pointed at him. They would have shot his *** the second it happened.

Link

This is a lost cause because you have to be christ reincarnated for people to view wrong doing on the cops end.

I'm in no way saying that he didn't have a stolen gun... with that said the story on the cops end of why he was murdered makes NO sense whatsoever. What dude who has been to jail once is riding around with a stolen gun in plain site, in PHILLY, at 3AM. he didn't try to stash it or anything?

And if he did happen to jst be riding around with a gun in plain site... it's almost guaranteed the cops stopped him and immediately pulled guns out on him. Why would he peacefully accept getting out the car & then attack two officers who had guns pointed at him. They would have shot his *** the second it happened.

You make it seem like people aren't capable of stupidity.

I'm not arguing for/against the police here...but like it was said, more details need to come out. There are A LOT of questions that need to be answered.

Last edited:

It sucks that another man was killed on the street by police, but OP you have to wait until all the facts are out before you start filling in the blanks on your own and claiming their story doesn't make sense.You're making assumptions as to what happened. Witnesses are being interviewed so why not wait until more info is out before making claims? Your assumptions could be right, however the cops story doesn't seem that crazy. 

Last edited:
OP tries to turn every case into Michael Brown

this dude has two arrests for attempted murder on his rap sheet and is on parole until 2017

He stood a chance by being in the house at 2:45am and not creeping around in a car with no headlights on

Last edited:
On parole for attempted murder and riding around with a loaded stolen gun in the console, it sounds like the cops did us a favor. One less criminal on the streets.

I'm down with the cause no justice no peace, no racist police. But I'm not down with (attempted) murderers riding around with loaded guns.

I highly doubt dude was out of the car, and decided to reach back in the car for the stolen gun he had in plain sight, doesn't make any sense to me, but what do I know...back in like 02 I was pulled over for not having a Louisiana brake tag on my Pennsylvania registered car?!? I was asked out of the car, then asked for my paperwork. when I took my hands off the car to get it from my sun visor, the cops spazzed. Next thing I know I'm cuffed in the back of the car. On the way to jail the cops discussed what they were gonna book me for. They decided wreckless driving. I learned that day that it's gonna be whatever they want it to be...fellas be smart out here

Last edited:
Wait until the facts come out... the "Facts" in every single case are one sided towards the police... it was just exposed that the Key Winess for Darren Wilson.. made up the entire account & yet Wilson is walking free. The "facts" in the Eric Gardner case was that police choked a man to death & it was ruled a homicide due to the choke... The NYPD outs out an official statement claiming that the video that millions saw wasn't a chokehold. The "facts" say Dude in Walmart was claimed to have pointed the gun at people in a menacing matter and also wave it at police... that was also on video and proved to be a lie.

These "facts" are ******** stories curated by the Police and swallowed by these ignorant people in America who have a fear and prejudice against black skin. They are given weeks to come up with stories, are exposed about their countless lies, and are allowed to walk free.

The man had a prior case, was sentenced to jail did his time, and was riding dirty but based on the assumption that he was gonna do more wrong he was murdered instead of being arrested & taken to trial. Under the "assumption" of prior transgressions maybe black men should just start shooting cops in the face since they have a long history of doing it to us....:smh:. That's ridiculous right? well so is using a former charge to excuse a complete break of the law and a murder of yet another black man by the hands of a cop.

so this dude rolled up on 4 men and opened fire on them hitting one of them so he went to prison on a plea of aggravated assault for a lesser charge and did 4 months was on parole but is still carrying a stolen gun which I guarantee you is against his probation. Let's just ignore prior history and pretend this is the same case as others.

Last edited:
so this dude rolled up on 4 men and opened fire on them hitting one of them so he went to prison on a plea of aggravated assault for a lesser charge and did 4 months was on parole but is still carrying a stolen gun which I guarantee you is against his probation. Let's just ignore prior history and pretend this is the same case as others.

What the **** dooes that have to do with him being pulled over and shot in the head... does that warrant the cops breaking the law and taking matters into their own hand?

Because based off their story (Which i'm sure is fabricated).... he never picked the gun up in their presence, never pointed it at them... yet he somehow made this lunge towards the car to then pickup the gun... so they shot him.

I've seen black men cuffed for talking back to the police, yet he was free handed and ntot detained, despite them checking his record and knowing he was on parole, and having a loaded gun in arms reach.... yet it sounds logical that they wouldn't cuff him or atleast take the gun into their possession.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom