Philly Soul Train Line Today, Feb 13th at 4pm in front of the Art Museum

My tri-state people.  We gonna go for the Guinness world record.  I might attempt to hit a moonwalk down the whole line.  
laugh.gif

Holla at me if ya'll gonna be out there.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]In Phila., joining a mass 'Soul Train' line[/h1]
February 11, 2012|By Shaj Mathew, Inquirer Staff Writer

pixel.gif

At 4 p.m. Monday, hundreds of Philadelphians, including Mayor Nutter, are expected to gather on the Art Museum steps to try to form the world's longest Soul Train line.

The dance line - an effort to commemorate the life of Soul Train creator Don Cornelius - could break the Guinness record, now held by a Berkeley, Calif., high school, if more than 211 dancers come together.

"We can beat that record," said organizer Mannwell Glenn, 50, of West Philadelphia.

Glenn, a radio host and political consultant, said he expected at least 500 dancers. "Judging by the response on social media, it looks like we're going to have a healthy crowd," he said.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Developer and music producer Kenny Gamble, Sheriff Jewell Williams, and City Councilwoman Cindy Bass are also expected to attend.

Glenn said he began planning the event Feb. 1, hours after Cornelius died.

"He was a big part of my childhood," Glenn said. "By the time I was 10, I was watching the Soul Train line. He was the coolest, smoothest guy. He was an icon. He was an innovator. He showed African Americans in a good light."

Darisha Miller, 40, of East Mount Airy, said she could not miss the chance to celebrate Cornelius' life.

"His show was syndicated and distributed nationally for 20 years, so Monday is history that I'd like to be a part of," she said. "What he was able to do, the doors he was able to open - he was an African American entrepreneur ahead of his time."

Damn, wish I was back home to participate in this.....right around my house too, but it's good to see my city coming together for something positive like this though 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by impalaballa187

I'm in there. That's 20 minutes away from my job #swag

I'm gonna be out there.  I'm gonna have on a red Polo fleece and you'll know it's an NTer when you see the kicks.

Back
Top Bottom