Phoenix Nters question on moving to your city.

Waasup I'm trying to move out to Phoenix by Nov. of this year. Saving up money has been rough but I want out of Minnesota and wanted to head West. I've been looking into ASU to continue with school and heard a lot of positives about it. I'm interested in Media writing, mostly Sports and TV/Film.

Was just wondering would you guys have any tips for me?
I'm 22 with an Associates. Right now I have experience as a Target backroom member and some experience as a cashier at a small hospital Gift Shop.

Will be moving out with a friend so any good affordable areas preferably close to ASU.

Just any tips or guides would be helpful. Thanks.

It'll be an interesting transition going from the freezing cold to AZ where the closest it gets to winter is like 50 or 60 degrees  
laugh.gif

Niketown scottsdale quarter, arrowhead mall, and fashion square all get retros and there are also some small stores like high point that get em too

good luck on your move

85281 Zip Code. Try a place called Quadrangles, its affordable, decently nice and close to campus.

Lots of resorts and restaurants in Scottsdale (20 minutes away) that you can work at and make good $ while going to school.

Let me know if you have any other questions. AZ is a great place to live. Definitely hot from June - September.

Anybody can recommend some good areas to look for a studio apartment near Phoenix College?

More west u go (past 19ave) more hood it gets. Yet it's cheaper at rates of 550+ for a studio/1 bd

How bad does it get?

Is craigslist the only spot to look for possible roommates?

It's alright if you mind your business but plenty of knocks out that way. Don't know much about roommates and all but CL prob is your best bet. South mtn cc is closer to tempe if your tryna go that route

Mesa or Scottsdale Community College are better options than South Mountain in my opinion. MCC is really close to ASU.

:nerd:

Mesa bad i guess?

What area and school is better Phx College, Scottsdale or South Mountain CC?

Last edited:
Don't have to live in Mesa to go to MCC, it's only 10 minutes away from the good part of Tempe.

As for journalism, if you're going to community college, get really good grades and try to get into ASU's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. Most of ASU's journalism classes are at the Downtown Phoenix campus - easy ride on the light rail from Tempe tho.

Last edited:
I'm in Phx right now and the cab driver told me to stay inside. Stay with the right people. And it can gt grimey here too...... :rolleyes

So there is that.

I'm in Phx right now and the cab driver told me to stay inside. Stay with the right people. And it can gt grimey here too...... :rolleyes

So there is that.
Cab driver tryna run up your tab famb. Like Homie said above, downtown phx is where your majors at. That area is going through a huge renovation with tons of hipsters moving in

I can deal with hipsters. Mpls is flooded with them in certain spots. That light rail stop in front of Central High school :smh:

SON!

Last edited:
You're up by the VA hospital. Some clucks that way but not too bad. Like I stated earlier, the more west you move the more cheaper/hood it gets. Plus you near the light rail if your on central

So what are the good areas? More near ASU and Scottsdale?

good as in? what context?

like safe?

you got nothing to worry about bruh. :lol:

Just as long as you don't get caught slipping on the south side or Maryvale or something like that you're good money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom