Pic Request-Kobe 2 USA

There were literally like 2-3 pairs of these ever made. Kobe had 2 pairs in his size 14, & he asked to have one made for LeBron (back when LBJ was stillin high school & adidas was pushing hard to sign him). He gave that pair to LeBron, & LBJ wore them in a SVSM high school game (there was a pic of LBJwith them on in the SI that LBJ was on the cover of during his junior year at SVSM - he had their old grey jersey on in the cover pic & he was wearing aheadband). Kobe wore them in the Lakers first game back after 9/11, knowing that Stern & the NBA was going to fine him $5000 for wearing non uniformshoes. adidas paid the fine for Kobe, & that was it. He only wore them that one time, & I only saw LBJ wear his that one time. I 1000% assure youthat any pairs of these you see on EBay or anywhere else (I have seen 2-3 over the years) are completely fake. But the shoe was really sweet looking with theflag on it.

thanks for the pic
pimp.gif

I remember getting the Kobe 2's for my 12th bday....in retrospect i would never have worn them

i copped the white ones the first day they dropped. Champs employees knew these werent goin sell, so they let me have thef&f 30% off on these
laugh.gif

They looked coo, but the on-court performance on these were
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Heavy, uncomfy, no ankle support, bulky, you name it and this was it.

I 1000% assure you that any pairs of these you see on EBay or anywhere else (I have seen 2-3 over the years) are completely fake
I have seen a couple legit pairs on ebay and there were more then a few pairs made.

I have seen a few pairs on EBay over the years, & they were completely fake. There might be a few pairs of samples floating around, but I doubt it. Theameriacn flag version of this shoe was a very last minute project. It wasn't planned out months in advance. I wear Kobe's size & I wasn'table to get a pair.

Although the concept of this shoe was cool & Kobe originally loved it & had a hand in the design, this might be one of the worst performing hoops shoesof all times. It was stiff as a board due to the lace cover, it didn't fit well because you couldn't get to all of the laces due to the lace cover, itfit like a square box, & it was hot because there was very little mesh to allow your foot to breathe. Even Kobe himself stopped wearing them late in thatseason. Remember when he went back to wearing the Kobe 1, but had it in white/purple/gold? he had those made when he refused to wear the Kobe 2 any longer. There is a reason this shoe is referred to as the toaster shoe.

the patriotism bhind this one design probably outweighs the horridness of the overall shoe, at least to me. the fact that stern actually still fined him leadsme to believe that he either bleeds spalding orange or that he just likes having a say in everything in a players life...

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Space sneakers, jump suit type son.

These looks like they have rockets on the back sole.

LMAO thats wut i thought wen i first saw them!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom