Basketball Thread About Nothing

All the Asian cats I played with not at University have all been good. decent shooters, good handles, great attitudes. 

At college, that was another story. A lot of them really loved the game but fundamentally just picked the sport up really, really late. They tended to be the ones kitted out with the whole matching outfit/sneakers thing (usually Kobe). I still enjoyed playing with them because they genuinely liked play ball, even though I was WAY too competitive. 

I can't say much since injuries and age have taken a ton from me at this point, so getting a decent run in with anyone is always appreciated, no matter who they are. 

But the Steph Curry stuff needs to stop. Nobody drives in pick up games anymore and it makes me sick. 

Does anyone play pickup games using 2s and 3s for scoring instead of 1s and 2s? I did play 2s and 3s to 30 before and it does make a huge difference but majority of time its 1s and 2s to 11, 15 or 21.

And everybody wants to be a 3pt shooter these days, guys will have a 2 on 1 fastbreak and pull up for the 3 at top of the key and its not uncommon to see a guy pull up at top of the key instead of going for the open layup.

Does anyone play pickup games using 2s and 3s for scoring instead of 1s and 2s? I did play 2s and 3s to 30 before and it does make a huge difference but majority of time its 1s and 2s to 11, 15 or 21.

And everybody wants to be a 3pt shooter these days, guys will have a 2 on 1 fastbreak and pull up for the 3 at top of the key and its not uncommon to see a guy pull up at top of the key instead of going for the open layup.

I lived and died by 3's growing up and I didn't notice that many fellow "types" of players but after having played in different leagues over the past year, I am amazed how everyone's Steph Curry nowadays :smh:

But yeah, pickup games are usually to 30, 2s & 3s, deuce and we play the out of bounds line, not the wall and "and 1" isn't a call either. check!

Last edited:
But the Steph Curry stuff needs to stop. Nobody drives in pick up games anymore and it makes me sick. 

Well get ready for more of that **** with this next generation. My co-worker coaches kids basketball on weekends and that's literally all they do: over-dribbling into Bolivia before chucking up the fadeaway 3 (and yelling "STEPH CURRY!" on release) :lol: Drives him up the wall.

With the Asian thing, this dude I've run with a few times was definitely "looks can be deceiving". Looked more like a Dungeon & Dragons type: pimply faced, track pants, frail looking (sorry if you're reading this, bro)...but handles like Kyrie and threading the needle with all these no look passes. It was like Uncle Drew/Charlie Murphy's (R.I.P.) Prince story, making cats look like fools

How do you guys feel when the person you are guarding calls his shots before they go in?

I do it time to time or when I'm trying to get into the person guarding me head.
i kno a guy who yells cash but legitimately is like 20 percent of shots taken lol 

Well get ready for more of that **** with this next generation. My co-worker coaches kids basketball on weekends and that's literally all they do: over-dribbling into Bolivia before chucking up the fadeaway 3 (and yelling "STEPH CURRY!" on release)
laugh.gif
Drives him up the wall.

With the Asian thing, this dude I've run with a few times was definitely "looks can be deceiving". Looked more like a Dungeon & Dragons type: pimply faced, track pants, frail looking (sorry if you're reading this, bro)...but handles like Kyrie and threading the needle with all these no look passes. It was like Uncle Drew/Charlie Murphy's (R.I.P.) Prince story, making cats look like fools
Sounds almost as bad as the "Kobe" crap. I mean, I haven't played in months, but I know the young kids are already doing the pull up 3 stuff. If that is your game and you are a shooter, fine, but I have seen people drive through the lane just to circle back out to shoot a 3. Like, why pass up the high percentage? nobody taught you how to finish at the rim?

I knew a few of the guys you spoke about, but it wasn't even Asians, I have played with a diverse group of players in my years playing basketball. Hell, my younger brother and I do not look like the type that would play hoops at all (lots of tattoos, colored hair, piercings, cut off band shirts) so I never prescribed to the if you look the part thing. I remember when I first started playing I showed up in all Jordan everything and got laughed off the court lol. 

Since asians are not as athletic and most of their parents were not supportive of them playing sports growing up, they make for good role players during pick up since many specialize at one thing and one thing only, whether that be shooting, hustling, fouling hard/hand checking (usually older asians). Most will not ballhog and will only do the minimal asked of them. Also, your asian teammates will usually not argue wih you or demand the ball, which is why I like playing with them.
what???

Since asians are not as athletic and most of their parents were not supportive of them playing sports growing up, they make for good role players during pick up since many specialize at one thing and one thing only, whether that be shooting, hustling, fouling hard/hand checking (usually older asians). Most will not ballhog and will only do the minimal asked of them. Also, your asian teammates will usually not argue wih you or demand the ball, which is why I like playing with them.
what???
:rofl: :rofl:

I also prefer going by 2's and 3's instead of 1's and 2's.

Mathematically, it makes much more sense to go by 2's and 3's

I'm not too fond of defense calling fouls for someone, if they don't say foul play on. That and defense asking if a foul was called after a play with contact.

Keep playing until someone clearly says foul. Really tired of the stoppages in games

I'm not too fond of defense calling fouls for someone, if they don't say foul play on. That and defense asking if a foul was called after a play with contact.

Keep playing until someone clearly says foul. Really tired of the stoppages in games

I agree, but sometimes a blatant foul is a foul. Just like traveling or double dribble. It's usually the opposing team that calls it.

Last edited:
I have a King of the Hill tourney to play in a couple weeks. Going to see what calls the refs use.

Breh i strongly dislike the dude who ballhogs and shoots every shot. I can see if that's their game but ****** don't even realize they're shooting low percentage shots. 

I was in this situation not too long ago. This gang banging YG lookin *** n ***** who was actually decent (he ******* had the ball most of the time so he had a lot of chances to make plays) but not a great bball player by any means. I mean this ***** literally took every shot. I turned the ball over ONCE and this ***** said i was trash I'm like ***** you shoot every time 
laugh.gif
. We won like 3 games in a row then I got ************* tired of this ***** man. We lost and I made it a PRIORITY to not be on his team and defend him next game. Got picked up by another squad then put the clamps on dat ***** Ruben Patterson style and they lost 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 

Small victories like that make me feel good b

Breh i strongly dislike the dude who ballhogs and shoots every shot. I can see if that's their game but ****** don't even realize they're shooting low percentage shots. 

I was in this situation not too long ago. This gang banging YG lookin *** n ***** who was actually decent (he ******* had the ball most of the time so he had a lot of chances to make plays) but not a great bball player by any means. I mean this ***** literally took every shot. I turned the ball over ONCE and this ***** said i was trash I'm like ***** you shoot every time :lol: . We won like 3 games in a row then I got ************* tired of this ***** man. We lost and I made it a PRIORITY to not be on his team and defend him next game. Got picked up by another squad then put the clamps on dat ***** Ruben Patterson style and they lost :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ :pimp: ​ 

I would give u buckets

I was in this situation not too long ago. This gang banging YG lookin *** n ***** who was actually decent (he ******* had the ball most of the time so he had a lot of chances to make plays) but not a great bball player by any means. I mean this ***** literally took every shot. I turned the ball over ONCE and this ***** said i was trash I'm like ***** you shoot every time 
laugh.gif
. We won like 3 games in a row then I got ************* tired of this ***** man. We lost and I made it a PRIORITY to not be on his team and defend him next game. Got picked up by another squad then put the clamps on dat ***** Ruben Patterson style and they lost 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 
pimp.gif
​ 

I would give u buckets
We should do like a NT basketball tournament sometime. Maybe a 3v3 tourney that would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom