Basketball Thread About Nothing

Somebody has to be paying people to not play defense at this point. :lol:

But I'll admit I chucked when she did the stomp and bowed :emoji_laughing:

I mean I get it, all that may be true, but he had an ugly side sling shot and all his misses werent even close and Kenny took his suit jacket off and wetted them 3 for 3

I feel your response too but man I used to play at this tiny *** gym with low ceiling & even playing there for it while, it was still hard AF to adjust my shot to account for that

I mean I get it, all that may be true, but he had an ugly side sling shot and all his misses werent even close and Kenny took his suit jacket off and wetted them 3 for 3

taking nothing away from bro’s skill, he speaking real victim mentality type stuff, sounds like man has ‘main character syndrome’ something serious (so many other possibilities as to why they might have decided to shoot 3s rather than free throws, cameras & shots in the studio might have set up already, miscommunication, or just maybe too easy/not interesting from a producers perspective)…even taking all what he said as fact, he could have either ‘stood on business’ in current parlance & declined or shown & proved, since he did neither he really should just take his L & move on

Any NT refs who do high school/youth/adult leagues? Thinking of getting into it as way to stay in shape and some side money. What has your experience been like? I'm sure some parents and coaches try to blame you for blowing calls or calling it unfair for one side.

Any NT refs who do high school/youth/adult leagues? Thinking of getting into it as way to stay in shape and some side money. What has your experience been like? I'm sure some parents and coaches try to blame you for blowing calls or calling it unfair for one side.

I did it for a while. I personally had to leave it because my current career made it difficult due to the travel and sometimes weird hours when work just needs to get done.

It’s cool and can be fun. The one thing is networking with the right people to get you in front of the assigners of leagues and their games. And in front of the right ones. There are some shady ones who want some money up front so you get games so instead of making the $45 a game I was supposed to at the end I only make like $35. The best of doing HS Catholic league games. Get paid cash during halftime no questions asked and no bull****. Also the assigners for that were not into that bull****.

But rec leagues good luck. But I did enjoy doing it while doing it.

Thoughts?

I had coaches who did this. Same shoes, no accessories unless everybody is wearing one, socks same length, etc

"It's about the name on the front of the jersey, not the back" types of coach

No biggie looking back but during the time I thought it was dumb

^^^ I remember watching that and wondering how they got that call from those dribbles.

^^^ I remember watching that and wondering how they got that call from those dribbles.

Carry on the put down. I think that's why he didn't bother arguing it. You're holding it just long enough that they can call a carry. Loved me some skip though. What he did to Sasha Vujacic will never leave my brain :lol:

Last edited:
Carry on the put down. I think that's why he didn't bother arguing it. You're holding it just long enough that they can call a carry. Loved me some skip though. What he did to Sasha Vujacic will never leave my brain :lol:

carry ≈ travel tho? isn’t carrying/palming its own call?

And watching it through 2024 eyes I don’t see it but at the time yeah, you’re right.

Back
Top Bottom